Juan Sanchez Villa Lobos Ramirez (Highlander) W.I.P. UPDATED 29/08/10 Highland tour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Juan Sanchez Villa Lobos Ramirez (Highlander) W.I.P.

Connor's up for Kitbashing next,
I was originally going to move onto Medievil Kurgan (ducks for cover at the mention of his name....)next but I'm still sourcing parts
But rest assured...................
KURGAN WILL BE DONE !!! :rock

Kindest regards
Tys

Had a few hours spare today so managed to get a bit more done on Ramirez
Not a massive update,in fact just PANTS!!! LOL
I couldn't get any piping to go on his pants that looked any good sooooo I decided to do it the old fashioned way and painted them on :)

The pants aren't fully finished yet, I've still to do the stripes on the back,LOL the front took me hours today to do.

P1018700.JPG

P1018698.JPG

P1018695.JPG

P1018699.JPG

That's all for now guys,
Comments always welcome,
Kindest regards
Tys

They came out really good. Must have been a headache to paint on fabric with that much tiny detail. Well done!

Nice, Juan Sanchez it's the man !!!!!!!!

PD : Highlander Blu-ray now !!!!!!!!!!

They came out really good. Must have been a headache to paint on fabric with that much tiny detail. Well done!
Thanks KD,yeah it took a while,and i've still got to do the whole of the back LOL,but I'm happy with how he's coming along

Nice, Juan Sanchez it's the man !!!!!!!!

PD : Highlander Blu-ray now !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks my friend, Ramirez has always been one of my favourite characters in Highlander too.
The Blu-Ray IS available by the way although I'm not quite sure what the region code is for you guys in South America,
I own it and the transfer is very good although some scenes are a lot more grainy than others,but overall it's a very good transfer.

Kindest regards
Tys

Just keeps getting better tys. I really like popping in here to see your progress.

Excellent figure cant wait to see the finished article :)

Those pants are damn impressive looking :lecture

Just keeps getting better tys. I really like popping in here to see your progress.

Excellent figure cant wait to see the finished article :)

Those pants are damn impressive looking :lecture

Many thanks guys,means a lot, this is my first 'proper' Kitbash,I've done the SG team before but that was more of put together rather than actually altering and making stuff myself :)

Will post again about weekend time hopefully

Kindest regards
Tys

Small update
Pants DONE:banana

P1018707.JPG

Kindest regards
Tys

UPDATE -
Jacket started,been on this for 4hrs this afternoon LOL,have had to stop as I'm starting to go crosseyed,

P1018727.JPG

P1018731.JPG

P1018735.JPG

P1018728.JPG

P1018729.JPG

P1018733.JPG

Kindest regards
Tys

Ok on a bit of a roll with this guy now LOL,
few more bits from today,
Jacket has had a bit more work done,
The buttons are Iron on 'nailheads' used in fabric work,I could only find silver so I've had to stick them on then paint them gold :dizzy

A bit more work done on the striping detail,as well as a 'test'paint on the head, the head has a lot of work to do still including a smoothing out of the chin and some re-sculpting of the hair at the back and the sides,

What do you guys think about the chin ? I think I may need to sand it down a bit as well as smoothing out th bottom of the face as I think it's a bit too big ?

Kindest regards Tys

P1018746.JPG

P1018752.JPG

P1018740.JPG

P1018750.JPG

P1018749.JPG

P1018748.JPG

P1018739.JPG

P1018751.JPG

P1018738.JPG

Looking good... Have you looked at the Sideshow Henry Jones Connery head... The beard is finer and you should be able to get it off better, whilst maintaining the shape of the jaw line. Also if you might want to use a low grit sandpaper on it, to shape it some more.

But it's looking great!

WOW.........Now THAT is a thing of beauty,
That'd be awesome as a John Mason or with a little sculpting a Marco Ramius.................................. or again with a little beard sanding a very cool Ramirez, might have to look into that one :)

Thanks for the link my friend
Kindest regards
Tys

Apologies for bumping without actually updating the figure,
I've been in a bit of a rut lately as regards to inspiration to get on and finish my Ramirez.........................
However i'm currently on holiday in the highlands of Scotland and decided to visit a few choice locations,my family thought we were just sightseeing,however I knew different mwuhahahahaaaaaaaa

P8220380mounda.jpg

P1019877STUDY2_1_a.jpg

P8220407mound.jpg

Feeling refreshed now to finish my figure :)
I,ve also ordered the Toys City SBS operator head as well for him,I'm also fired up now to get on and start my medievil Connor as well and then onto Medievil Kurgan

Kindest regards
Tys

Back