Jpsarri's comicbook video reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Freaks,

After a few days of silence, I am coming back with a new book review. This is not your average book, but a one of a kind. My friend from Italy, Sandro Ianniello better known as kurgan in the forum, sent me a copy of his personal Sideshow collection book. This book contains images, information and fun facts of his mostly "grail" collection. It is a fascinating book idea that I wish more collectors would look into.

https://youtu.be/8hQy_frBbwI

This book is not for sale and was created for the purpose of sharing with family and friends.

Please, like, comment and subscribe to my channel. Thanks for watching!! :)

That's amazing. I wish i could buy a copy.

That's amazing. I wish i could buy a copy.

Me too. I wish for a retail English version that people could own. So far, it is only a personal project until one day Sideshow decides to give it a try. Sandro tried to contact SS with the idea but he never got a response back. I am sure that many collectors would die to have a yearly licensed coffee table book from this and other companies.

Thanks for watching, buddy! ;)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the wh---s and politicians will look up and shout ‘Save us!’... And I'll look down, and whisper ‘No.’”

If there was ever a book introduction more gloomy... more cruel... more real... Clearly Rorschach's famous words would be a sober candidate. In a world full of darkness, standing at the brink of disaster, looking down at the abyss, we can see all of our sins staring back at us. No words to soothe the pain or soften the final blow, we are only mere reflections of our true selves at the final hour. A mixed bag of sorrow, regret and dissolution. The agony of life is the circle to which we are prisoners in love; and we love every minute of it.

'Watchmen' has been a cult classic for almost 30 years. A graphic novel or a comic book (whatever you choose to call it) that transformed and continues to shape the industry from the very core up to this day. Although imitated and ransacked, its success and quality have never been duplicated by any other modern artist or artistic project. A true statement of the prodigious writing style of Alan Moore and the timeless and beautiful art of Dave Gibbons. A masterpiece of the 20th century undoubtedly.

Without more preambles, and after a long break from my part, here is my video review of the fantastic Absolute version of this fascinating book. I hope you enjoy it!

Absolute Watchmen Review - YouTube

Absolute Watchmen Review - YouTube

Please like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
In a sea of modern artists, it is a daunting task to pick the good ones from the bad ones. But if there is a diamond in the rough, Frank Cho is well deserving of the title.

For the past 15 year, Cho has proven to be a prolific and very talented artist. From Marvel to DC, Dynamite to Image, the man has done it all. His art has been featured in some of the hottest comics of the past decade. And although Frank's controversial personality has earned him some fierce critics, no one can deny the beauty of his art style.

before the awards and the recognition, the fame and the cover art, there was Liberty Meadows in the middle of it all. Smart, humorous and witty, it showcased Frank's talent as a writter and as an admirer of pop culture. Beautiful women and looney characters, The sundays strips had it all! And finally, the first three years of this legendary newspaper strip are all contained in full color and in a gorgeous coffee table size book. A delightful treat for fans of the man and his exceptional work.

Liberty Meadows Sundays Book One Review - YouTube

Liberty Meadows Sundays Book One Review - YouTube

Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
Oh, the early 90's. What a time! I remember it like it was yesterday. I was young and full of life. Anticipating every single issue of what I considered the best comic book of all times (certainly naive). I ran every month to the closest newspaper stand just to get my copy of the Amazing Spider-Man. Some times, I had to run a little bit farther because someone else had the same idea and got there first snatching the coveted comic off my hands. Old memories that I treasure deeply in my heart.

Furthermore, 1990 was a year in history. The Gulf War; the reunification of Germany; the independence of the Baltic states from the Soviet Union; the release of Nelson Mandela from prison; the foundation of the World Wide Web with the creation of its first server, among many other time changing events. And although the world was evolving, nothing mattered as much as the story of Peter Parker and his beloved MJ to this teenage boy. Life was just a simple and happy place.

After the departure of Todd McFarlane from the Amazing Spider-Man comic book, Erik Larsen took the office of illustrator for the legendary title. Regarded by critics as just a copyist of his predecessor, Erik went to prove them wrong and to gather a cult following all on his own. Like many of my generation, I felt in love right away with his dynamic panels and gorgeous splashes of livid action. Even after all of these years, I cannot but only marvel at the beauty and cleanliness of his art.

Without any more preambles, here it is! The series that started my long obsession with Erik Larsen's artistic career. "The Return of the Sinister Six" is not only a classic of the 90's, it is my favorite Spider Man saga of all times. I hope you can still enjoy it as well as I do. ;)

Spider Man Sinister Six Review - YouTube

Spider Man Sinister Six Review - YouTube

Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
Graduation day; what a day. When everything you have worked so hard on, comes into a climax full of tradition, honors and fanfare. Every sweat and every tear, every late night and every worry are completely forgotten just to give way to exuberant celebration. What tomorrow will bring is a big unknown. But no one really cares because what matters is just the now. It is time to paint the town red and time to drink a toast or two to the future. Destiny is a big door ready to be openned. Expectations and dreams are ready to be shaped into full reality. Today is only the first day of the rest of your life.

By 1992, Erik Larsen had already paid his dues. Working for different publishers before arriving to Marvel. Pencilling David Michelinie's Spider-Man work. Following on the footsteps of highly regarded Todd McFarlane. And although work was great, it seemed as if the young artist was destined to be just another fill-in act like many talented people that came before him. But at a crucial moment in his life, destiny came knocking at his door. A rare gift at the house of ideas that would become his ticket to the major leagues. A chance to not only showcase his drawing skills, but his writing skills as well. He did not only took the opportunity, he embraced it and hit the ground running, creating some of the most wacky but beautiful art for the Spider-Man book in the early 90's. A treat to the eyes even after so many years.

"Revenge of the Sinister Six" may seem lackluster story wise and art wise by today's standards. But for a young generation in those days, it was a fresh infusion of vitality to a classic superhero story. It was a defining moment in Larsen's career and the begining of his signature art style that would continue on in the pages of "The Savage Dragon" onto this day. A great accomplishment for one of 90's best. An explosion of action and color you cannot miss.

Revenge of the Sinister Six Review

Revenge of the Sinister Six Review

Please; like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
In the late 70's, Frank Miller was a young artist struggling to make ends meet. With small projects under his belt and almost without support, he landed at Marvel and slowly made his way through the ranks. In those days, the house of ideas was a tough place to be. Long hours, low pay and excruciating deadlines were everyone's daily bread. Regardless of, the young man was determined to make a name for himself.

After some meager jobs, he requested for the opportunity to draw Daredevil. At that point, the book had poor sales and was at the brink of cancellation. Needless to say, his request was granted and Frank took the opportunity and made it his own. Eventually, aided by Dennis O'neal, he was not only the artist but the writer of the book, creating the most defining and memorable moments in Daredevil's history. Then, with Klaus Janson by his side as the regular penciler, Frank did not only change the outcome of the book, he change the course of comics forever.

Frank Miller's talent is undisputed. Even to those that are not crazy about his most recent work. He is a great storyteller that knows how to captivate with his peculiar and expressionistic art. To know the man and to understand his work, you have to see his beginnings. Here is the first chapter, and it is a heck of ride. One that cannot be missed. I assure you.

Daredevil Omnibus Video Review

Daredevil Omnibus Video Review

Please; like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching! ;)

Last edited:
Back