Jpsarri's comicbook video reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the feeling. I had a nice collection in 2005 and I was only 19 at the time and of course did things 19 year olds do and I had to sell and restart all over again. But the quality has increased since 2005. I thought about doing something similar to what Remy does but I love way too many things to stick to just one group. But not to derail too much, I love the videos and I'm loving the pieces you've gathered so far. You should turn this thread into JPSarri's Reviews and Q&A because you are indeed a well informed person sir.

Thanks my man! I truly appreciate the support. And yes, I feel you. We are products of the 80's and 90's and there were so many cool franchises for us growing up. It is really hard to stay focus on one thing.

By the way, I am also a gamer and specially I love fighting games. I have checked your Youtube channel but I haven't got a chance to watch your videos (they seem pretty cool). I promise you I will do it over the weekend. Keep it real, my friend!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

When talking about the X-Men, you cannot forget the work of Chris Claremont. His contribution to the franchise has defined the Marvel Universe in ways that unto this day, we are witnessing its repercussions. Chris Claremont's 16 year run is as memorable as his colaboration with so many great artists of the era.

Accompanied by Marc Silvestri and a new kid by the name of Jim Lee (you might know him) on this collection, Claremont created some of the most praised issues of the Uncanny X-Men's life span.

Here it is; my video review of The X-Men by Chris Claremont Vol. 1 Omnibus, with new remastered colors, a high quality hardcover binder, and in a great deluxe size.

X-Men Vol. 1 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/ Marc Silvestri/ Jim Lee Video Review - YouTube

X-Men Vol. 1 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/ Marc Silvestri/ Jim Lee Video Review - YouTube

Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
Have you witness the death of a star? How brighter it gets while getting smaller? Then to culminate in a explosion of color beyond anything else we have ever seen in the entire cosmos? Although it is hard to experience the spectacle of a supernova with the naked eye, metaphorically we have seen it in Chris Claremont's extraordinary work with the X-Men.

For those that had the privilege of reading the comics in the early 90's, this was the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. Storytelling giving way to fresh new art styles and concepts. Well-stablished artists and authors giving way to a younger, hungry and talented generation. And although it was an exciting moment in time, comics have never been the same since.

Here it is, my video review of The X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 by Chris Claremont, Jim Lee and Whilce Portacio:

X-Men Vol. 2 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/Jim Lee/Whilce Portacio Video Review -YouTube

X-Men Vol. 2 Omnibus by Chris Claremont/Jim Lee/Whilce Portacio Video Review - YouTube

Thanks for watching. Please, like, comment and subscribe! :)

Last edited:
What is your favorite color? Is it blue, is it red, is it white? Do you prefer green, yellow or orange? Maybe black is your color of choice (or the lack of it). In our daily lives there is an array of colors that dictates our moods, likes and dislikes. These colors are powerful tools to convey feelings and emotions.

Although the X-Men team was conceived in the 60's, it was clearly a child of the 80's & 90's. Chris Claremont was its father and Jim Lee its cool older brother. With its explosive action and lively colors, unapologetic set pieces and over the top drawing panels, the X-Men became a banner for a generation of kids that felt alienated in their own social environment. Like "grunge" music or Converse shoes, comics were a symbol of autonomy and belonging to what is now called the X-generation. This book is a tribute to that era and its culture. Digitally remastered and recolored, it adds extra dimension and new layers of color to an already fantastic pencil artwork.

If you are a purist, you can disregard it as another gimmicky attempt to get your money. But if you are just like me, you will see it as a way to honor not only the X-Men but also to pay homage to a unique time in history. And although nothing beats the old, it is always good to see things under a new light.

Here it is, my video review of the X-Men Mutant Genesis 2.0 :
(note: due to youtube rules, this video is not visible in some countries and in some mobile devices. Please, if you encounter any problems, try to access it through your laptop or desktop computer).

X-Men Mutant Genesis 2.0 Review & Comparison - YouTube

X-Men Mutant Genesis 2.0 Review & Comparison - YouTube

Please, like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching!! :)

Last edited:
Hey jpsarri great reviews! :rock Keep up the good work, and you are right, Jim Lee is gold when it comes to his drawings. Jim Lee + Xmen=eye candy. :peace

I'll keep looking in your thread for more reviews, take care.

Have you read the Invincibe Iron Man run? If so, what do you think?

Not entirely but some of the issues. I imagine that you are referring to the series by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larroca. They actually won the prestigious Eisner award for best new series for their work here.

Fraction is a young writer (a few years older than I) so he has still a way to go. His writing style is smart, enjoyable and very mature. Larroca's art is great (not my favorite but great) and keeps you on your toes from beginning to end. The colors on this book are vibrant and very modern. Both fraction and Larroca worked together on the book for over 2 years (since issue #1) and that is plus because it maintains its overall continuity and fluidity.

If you are interested in getting into this series, I would recommend you the Invisible Iron Man Omnibus vol. 1 (#1-#19) first, and see how you like it. The second vol. (#20 -#33) is a little slower in pace but still good. Also, it would be good that you read Civil War first before you read this series.

Good luck! ;)

There are two types of superheroes in comics. The virtuous boyscouts like Superman and Captain America; and those that have been brought to seek and to defend justice from the brink of disaster, like Wolverine and Batman.

The Dark knight's motives have always been as controversial as his methods to fight crime. His persona has been glorified and vilified over the years by a large pantheon of writers and artists, enriching the myth and the folklore that surrounds him. And although there is an ever-present darkness over Arkham City, it is always a welcome sight to encounter its lighter human side.

In the early 2000's, Jeff Loeb and Jim Lee took upon themselves the task of creating a Batman story that showcased Bruce Wayne under the skin. The result was an enjoyable read, seasoned with smart moments throughtout, and undeniable breathtaking art.

Now here it is, my video review of the DC Absolute Batman Hush collection book:

DC Absolute Batman Hush Video Review - YouTube

DC Absolute Batman Hush Video Review - YouTube

Please, like, comment and subscribe. Thanks for watching!! :)

Last edited:
Absolutely great reviews, will be subscribing! One thing I love about your reviews is how you page through the book as reviewing. Most reviews seem to just have the book's cover in the background while the video is just some dude/gal giving their thoughts in front of the camera. Really helps me decide on purchases, so thanks!

Thorough and honest review of the Mutant Genesis 2.0 hardcover. I already own the vol 2 of Jim Lee omnibus, so I think I'll be skipping it given it's $40 price. Hypocritical of me, I know, because I'm guilty of double-dipping on movies on dvd/bluray multiple times given new masters, extras etc.

Last edited:
Absolutely great reviews, will be subscribing! One thing I love about your reviews is how you page through the book as reviewing. Most reviews seem to just have the book's cover in the background while the video is just some dude/gal giving their thoughts in front of the camera. Really helps me decide on purchases, so thanks!

Thorough and honest review of the Mutant Genesis 2.0 hardcover. I already own the vol 2 of Jim Lee omnibus, so I think I'll be skipping it given it's $40 price. Hypocritical of me, I know, because I'm guilty of double-dipping on movies on dvd/bluray multiple times given new masters, extras etc.

Thank you! I tried to give the most information possible for viewers to make their own conclusions. Comic readers and statue collectors are visual beings in nature, so going page by page gives a closer look to the material. The majority of youtube reviewers make the mistake of just expressing their personal views without any visual reference to back them up. There are plenty blogs and reviewers online so there is no need to have a dissertation video. I have found that Amazon consumers are extremely helpful (and some even skillfully) when writing their own reviews.

I know! Mutant Genesis 2.0. was a guilty pleasure but I had to have it. I am also a sucker for special editions and money grabbing extras. ;)

Once again, thank you for the support. :)

Last edited:
When you have been good at what you do for a long time, you do not only deserve to be proud, you also have earned the right to brag about it or to "swag it out". There is a difference between "being good" and "being the best"; and for almost 25 years, Jim Lee has not only showed his best moves, he has been a killer on the dance floor!

Batman Hush unwrapped at first glance, might seem bare bones and unattractive. Stripped down of color and inking, it lays completely naked for your eyes to see. A treasure full of richness and well orchestrated balance in anatomy and form. Like time standing still, you are trapped inside the mind of an artist in total control of his work. A rare achievement that does not come easily.

Here it is, the video review of Batman Hush Unwrapped. Jim Lee is not only showing you his trade secrets, he is also taking you on a trip of a lifetime to Gotham City from all places. Are you ready to take the plunge? I know you want to. ;)

DC Batman Hush Unwrapped Video Review - YouTube

DC Batman Hush Unwrapped Video Review - YouTube

Please, like, comment & subscribe. Thanks for watching! :)

Last edited:
When you have been good at what you do for a long time, you do not only deserve to be proud, you also have earned the right to brag about it or to "swag it out". There is a difference between "being good" and "being the best"; and for almost 25 years, Jim Lee has not only showed his best moves, he has been a killer on the dance floor!

Batman Hush unwrapped at first glance, might seem bare bones and unattractive. Stripped down of color and inking, it lays completely naked for your eyes to see. A treasure full of richness and well orchestrated balance in anatomy and form. Like time standing still, you are trapped inside the mind of an artist in total control of his work. A rare achievement that does not come easily.

Here it is, the video review of Batman Hush Unwrapped. Jim Lee is not only showing you his trade secrets, he is also taking you on a trip of a lifetime to Gotham City from all places. Are you ready to take the plunge? I know you want to. ;)

https://youtu.be/MuYU3eeIQGY

Please, like, comment & subscribe. Thanks for watching! :)

I picked up this book today from my LCS after seeing your review,and wow amazing.

One of the best books i've now acquired in my collection,keep up the great work:hi5:

Hello Freaks,

After a few days of silence, I am coming back with a new book review. This is not your average book, but a one of a kind. My friend from Italy, Sandro Ianniello better known as kurgan in the forum, sent me a copy of his personal Sideshow collection book. This book contains images, information and fun facts of his mostly "grail" collection. It is a fascinating book idea that I wish more collectors would look into.

Kurgan's Own Sideshow "Grail" Collection Book Review - YouTube

Kurgan's Own Sideshow "Grail" Collection Book Review - YouTube

This book is not for sale and was created for the purpose of sharing with family and friends.

Please, like, comment and subscribe to my channel. Thanks for watching!! :)

Last edited:
Cool idea for a book and a thorough video review. :clap

I can relate a lot to what Sandro tells in his introduction, too. :)

At least the part the vid allowed us to read - I missed the bottom part of it. :lol

Cool idea for a book and a thorough video review. :clap

I can relate a lot to what Sandro tells in his introduction, too. :)

At least the part the vid allowed us to read - I missed the bottom part of it. :lol

:lol I was so into the book that I ended up with 1 hour of film! I had to shorten it to finally 32 minutes (that was the hardest part). A lot of commentary was lost. Sandro definetely add a lot of personal and general information. It is a very enjoyable read.

Thanks for watching, Shoo. :)

I ended up with 1 hour of film! I had to shorten it to finally 32 minutes (that was the hardest part).
And a nice editing work it was, too. Really, I couldn't believe I had spent half an hour watching it - time flew. :)

Back