Joss Whedon and the Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe the negativity about this news.

really? If anything I've learned from frequenting geeky pop culture message boards, it's that the haters, especially the know-it-all armchair directors, love to hate.

I'm more jazzed about him writing it than directing it really. Especially after having time to let it settle.

And he's rewriting the script.

I can't believe the negativity about this news.

I'm staying here for the news about this, the negativity is annoying. Favreau directing IM had many mouths agape, but now they look at him like he's the savior of Marvel.

Sadly, even after it is successful, the haters will still bash it and dismiss it as a fluke.

It's ok. Let the people be negative about it all they want. You know exactly what's going to happen. Joss is going to take this movie and he's going to give people the same feelings we have towards firefly/serenity. I don't know one single person who has seen either and has not been hooked. And hopefully after people see what he can do, they will give him the respect he deserves.

The funny thing is that Firefly is supposed to be a one camera shoot like 'found footage' and Serenity is being criticized for being filmed the same way the series was.

The funny thing is that Firefly is supposed to be a one camera shoot like 'found footage' and Serenity is being criticized for being filmed the same way the series was.

Huh? I never heard that. The series nor the film look like that at all.

Huh? I never heard that. The series nor the film look like that at all.

Dave I'm shocked you never watched the Whedon comments on the DVD boxed series?
Disk 4, Special features.

Its about at 15:30 when Tim Minear discusses the camera angles and composition and stuff.

Last edited:
I am so stoked about this news and I, too, was shocked at the negative comments that I've read. And not just negative, but really nasty stuff. While I typically dislike when people say things like "Oh, you don't like 'xx' because you just don't 'get it'" (an absolutely condescending statement at best), I'm just gonna have to say it: people just don't get Joss. They don't appreciate his wit and wisdom and excellent ability with both words and music. More's the pity.

I can't wait to see this movie! :peace

I am so stoked about this news and I, too, was shocked at the negative comments that I've read. And not just negative, but really nasty stuff. While I typically dislike when people say things like "Oh, you don't like 'xx' because you just don't 'get it'" (an absolutely condescending statement at best), I'm just gonna have to say it: people just don't get Joss. They don't appreciate his wit and wisdom and excellent ability with both words and music. More's the pity.

While everyone might not get Joss Whedon, I think he gets comic books more then most of the directors that could end up with project. The Buffy characters were always loosely modeled on the X-Men. Joss did a great job writing on Astonishing and his Buffy comic series has continued the great legacy the show left behind.I'm not saying there isn't anyone else out there that can do a great job, but getting someone that knows comics is a step in the right direction.

While everyone might not get Joss Whedon, I think he gets comic books more then most of the directors that could end up with project. The Buffy characters were always loosely modeled on the X-Men. Joss did a great job writing on Astonishing and his Buffy comic series has continued the great legacy the show left behind.I'm not saying there isn't anyone else out there that can do a great job, but getting someone that knows comics is a step in the right direction.

Well said. :goodpost:

I think you just contradicted yourself. Maybe some people"get" Joss but just don't like him. Im a big a fan of Firefly as anyone, but il admit that he has got some major problems that tend to repeat themselves (particularly in Angel and Buffy. But Dollhouse was riddled with inherant problems in its very premise)

Back