Joss says Illyria is his favorite character!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they start this "season 6" with an #0 issue or something and changes the ending of season 5 to what it would have been, had it been followed by a season 6! Otherwise this whole project would be a continuation of a compromise! I guess most of us would like to read the "real" season 6 and not as if it had been picked up after 2 year hiatus and they had to cobble together a continuation where there wheren't supposed to be one.

I would love to see how they originally invisioned S6, but the thing is that its not that anymore. If they chose to sort of redo the finale it would really be undermining the finale they did do.
I'd definately be up for an alternate Angel S6 series with the story how they originally planned it. But the one theyre doing now has to follow the continuity of the S5 finale.

If dead characters came to life all the time, their death would lose some significance and impact. I am not in favour of the resurrection of Wesley, he is one of my favourite characters in the whole Buffyverse, but bringing him to life again would not seem okay. Imagine when you get back to his death, it won't feel the same, knowing that he'll be back. I'd prefer if they did flashbacks to go deeper into his personality and history, or maybe whole arcs, but set in the past.

True but characters have been resurrected all the time in Buffy and Angel (Buffy, Darla, Spike and I know I'm missing a ton more) and yet all those death and resurrections didn't really take anything away. Maybe because they were all spread apart through many years/seasons.

Illyria said that Fred's soul was completely gone but obviously she could be lying. They certainly would have us believe there's some element of Fred left in Illyria based on her impersonation to her parents and her seeming feelings for Wes.

I love this character, I was fortunate enough to photograph her first apperance. My shots of her have been run on the toys and in Buffy and Angel magazines. Amy was a good sport in that costume and make-up. I would buy a PF or 1/6 of her.

A resurrection of Fred would make much more sense. It would be great having another dual characters like vamps and werewolfs. What if Fred could control her God-persona and turn into Illyria whenever she wanted? That would be just gret, that would make an awesome spin-off! I LOVE Illyria!

Boy, Illyria really had an amazing costume!

I wonder how it will translate in the PF format (since OBVIOUSLY we will NEVER see her as a 12"er). :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Hell, I miss FRED!

Wasn't it established that not only did she die, but every trace of her, (soul and all) was obliterated?

:(

That explanation for why Fred could never come back really unsettled me. It took me a while to warm to her character but at the end I really like her. It's established in the Angel/Buffy universe that there is an afterlife, so to deny Fred who had gone through so much and to die so horrible really pissed me off.

Back