Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

I can say that as well but i look at it as a fresh new wl and hopefully those that were in the back went to the front, but ss told me that if a statue is sold out they always cancel all wl and if later down the line cancellations happen then they just reopen a fresh new wl and they've done it since the beginning i was told.

Since the beginning of when they began cancelling waitlists?

It's a relatively new practice for a waitlist to be closed before a product ships.

is anybody here with Old waitlist which is still active?? I dont think so coz Bad Boy waitlisted in september & his waitlist is cancelled & mine also. this is totally new waitlist close to shipping. It will start converting Everybody has chance with ES 1250.....

Since the beginning of when they began cancelling waitlists?

It's a relatively new practice for a waitlist to be closed before a product ships.

Beginning of when this statue first went on po they made the decision to cancel all wl when it sold out and if anything were to happen just reopen a new one. For me it wasn't good either as i was in the early wl on september, but i just signed up again when the wl went up and let's see what happens.

Yeah. I've been collecting for quite a few years and I've never seen SSC cancel a WL and then open a brand spanking new one. This is news to me.

Pretty sure they did that with Zartan, as well. It seems like an attempt to artificially increase demand.

Demand was there and if they kept the wl open which i think they should've statue would've still sold. Joker sells itself so no need to increase demand for the pf ex but maybe they did that to sell the reg more which it didn't sell out so they reopened a brand new wl, could be because of that. But really we don't know.

Yeah. I've been collecting for quite a few years and I've never seen SSC cancel a WL and then open a brand spanking new one. This is news to me.

They cancelled waitlists and then tried to flog off their ____ty paint flawed and crazy eyed returns with Rogue in a first in first served reply email and it seems to have caught on to just plain old cancel wait lists in general.
Besides pissing collectors off I don't see what purpose it serves.

They cancelled waitlists and then tried to flog off their ____ty paint flawed and crazy eyed returns with Rogue in a first in first served reply email and it seems to have caught on to just plain old cancel wait lists in general.
Besides pissing collectors off I don't see what purpose it serves.

I have to say....I hope this doesn't become a trend with future WL reservations. If you get on the WL you should feel secure that your place on the WL won't be cancelled unless SSC just runs out of stock. I can never understand cancelling a WL when an item hasn't even shipped yet. The only thing that makes sense is that they wanted to move more of the REG Joker PFs. If it increased their sales then it makes business sense. It just feel all wrong as a collector and a customer IMHO.

Last edited:

Joker sells itself so no need to increase demand for the pf ex but maybe they did that to sell the reg more which it didn't sell out so they reopened a brand new wl, could be because of that.
That's my guess. Increasing general demand for the statue. Obviously the Ex. is gonna sell out no problem. But if SSC's motives weren't in increasing demand, then it's a gross failure to anticipate how many cancellations they would receive, or some other kind of issue that I think is more problematic than assuming that it is a sales gimmick.

How is the waitlist still open? I'm sure they have gotten more already signed up, since it reopened, than they can fill. Maybe they'll just leave it open until it actually ships.

I have my EX and I'm happy. However, it's a completely low blow that they cancelled the original waitlist prematurely and are now making people start from scratch by re-opening a new one.

To make it worse, there is actually some idiot on the other forum who thinks it was perfectly fine for them to do that. :gah:

How is the waitlist still open? I'm sure they have gotten more already signed up, since it reopened, than they can fill. Maybe they'll just leave it open until it actually ships.

That's what they should have done with the original WL. If there were too many wait listers then, they should have closed the WL and filled that WL as stock became available. Anyone who couldn't get on the original WL before it closed, would then have to settle for a REG or purchase the EX in the aftermarket.

I hope all of you on the new WL convert. It just isn't right that a collector on the original WL gets shafted if they didn't hop on the new WL in time. Especially if they wait listed early at the time of PO for the EX.

That's my guess. Increasing general demand for the statue. Obviously the Ex. is gonna sell out no problem. But if SSC's motives weren't in increasing demand, then it's a gross failure to anticipate how many cancellations they would receive, or some other kind of issue that I think is more problematic than assuming that it is a sales gimmick.

Here's what I don't get. If they simply closed the original WL and kept the order of it intact, people would then be forced to buy the REG or purchase the EX in the aftermarket anyway.

SSC would begin to move more of the REGs and the order of the original WL would be preserved. That just seems like a win-win for everyone. At the same time, it treats your customer base well. It seems like a better option than cancelling the first WL and then opening up a new one.

This is pathetic i swear.... people are acting as if its the end of the world. its a statue people, not a 401K. your not going ot make millions on the resale, who cares if they open the waitlist, and people that missed out get what they really want?! Goes to show thats its not about the statue, but the resale value. GREEEEED!!!! makes me sick.

The issue I'm seeing isn't a concern over value--the edition size is set--it is over an unfairness toward those who signed up for the first waitlist, had it canceled, and now have to sign back up, possibly behind someone who never even signed up for the first waitlist.

Of course, this puts aside the question of why the bulk of those didn't pre-order before waitlisting was an issue to worry about at all :lol (obviously, there will be a smallish handful of folks who found out about this late or, who didn't have $30 for the NRD at the time or whatever)

If they are having to resort to dirty tricks like this to sell their regulars maybe they should just make less regulars.

I know it's a bit different of a scenario, but didn't they offer up a discount to those on the Boba 1/6th EX WL to purchase the regular?

Wonder if they'll do something similar for this.

Back