Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

Mods are doing a great job in this thread and others. Let's keep it clean.

I don't think details need to be shared, but some of those babel fish translated pidgin-German posts were offensive and insulting. The smiley posts are more tedious and annoying. Both are lame. Discussion can move on now.

Fair enough. :duff

Basically they're saying it's okay to post continual, instigatory little " :lecture :goodpost: :exactly:" after moderator posts but it's not okay to address said inappropriate "Yeah, what he said!" behavior.

It's officially boring and that's all I have left to say.

I do miss our conversation though. I thought it brought good color to the thread, but it was unwelcome on some level so thems the breaks.

Did you order this? Or are you waiting to see some figures?

Last edited:

Fair enough. :duff

It's officially boring and that's all I have left to say.

I do miss our conversation though. I thought it brought good color to the thread, but it was unwelcome on some level so thems the breaks.

Did you order this? Or are you waiting to see some figures?

I thought it over repeatedly since the sneak peek at SDCC. I'm only interested in this piece as a spectator. I sold all my Marvel PFs loooooong ago to rid my collection of the color ADD and picking this up would be a gateway not only into picking up the DC statues, but repurchasing the Marvel pieces as well. :monkey

That said, I reserve the right to pick up Supes and the goddam Batman if they wind up being too irresistible. :lol

If you're only getting two, those are the ones to get.

My trick is going to be resisting 1:6. I might do Teen Titans, Justice League and their villains, but this license is about Gotham in 1:4 scale for me. If I can keep it to that, I will be one happy devil.

If you're only getting two, those are the ones to get.

My trick is going to be resisting 1:6. I might do Teen Titans, Justice League and their villains, but this license is about Gotham in 1:4 scale for me. If I can keep it to that, I will be one happy devil.

I'm 1:6 all the way right now. Only Gothamites in PF for me. I just don't have the room or cash to support more than the occasional DC PF. Batman is a must obviously (if hes not Jim Lee or blue and grey), but hopefully his rouges are fairly spread out over the years so I can keep up :lol

That's why if I get JLA or Titans, they'll be 1:6.

As much as I'd love a DC museum in my house, I'd like to buried in something more sophisticated than a sheet and a pine box.

That's why if I get JLA or Titans, they'll be 1:6.

As much as I'd love a DC museum in my house, I'd like to buried in something more sophisticated than a sheet and a pine box.

Trust me, go with the pine box. That's where they get ya, charging you $10k for a casket they bought for $800 which in the end is just as sturdy. :monkey1 :lol

I'll be damned.

DC museum it is. :yess:

It works out because I don't think I could have passed on a Starfire PF anyway.

It's all fun and games until you get hit with the $5k fine for improper disposal of human remains and realize it would've been better off paying $2.5k for a professional cremation. :lol

You seem to know a lot about this. :lol

You seem to know a lot about this. :lol

They do sound like words of experience. :lol :monkey3

Spent some time in the employment of Mission Mortuary. Quit when they decided that rather than refer people to the local florist, they'd just order the flowers and charge a 30% mark-up. When you see just how much they take advantage of mourners, it's pretty disturbing. :(

Spent some time in the employment of Mission Mortuary. Quit when they decided that rather than refer people to the local florist, they'd just order the flowers and charge a 30% mark-up. When you see just how much they take advantage of mourners, it's pretty disturbing. :(

Sadly you see that a lot...and not just with mortuaries. :(

Sadly you see that a lot...and not just with mortuaries. :(

One just has to jump over to the horror boards and look at the new $199 "early Sideshowesque quality" Karloff figures to see how it's hit this hobby. They're $50 less than the '89 Joker 's price everybody is whining about and about 1/10th the quality. :lol

In fairness, I'm sure a lot of creative effort went into DC Direct's product. But Sideshow is the very best in the high-end statue game. Of course, whatever they come up with is gonna blow DC Direct out of the water.

Again, the DC Direct one never looked very good to me personally, but it looked a hell of a lot better before the Sideshow version was revealed.

:goodpost: I agree 100% I almost pulled the trigger on this one, thankfully I waited it out and SS prevailed. :hi5:

Doom PF respectfully disagrees. :)

Doom is awesome too but I'm more of a Joker fan. I wish I could make an unbiased opinion but I can't. Don't get me wrong though, I still drool over the Doom PF and one day it will be mine. :mwaha

Back