Joker Goon Masks Version 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzyarse

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I have done many sets of these now, and everyone seems pleased with the results, but there is one thing that has nagged and nagged at me since I did the first set, and that is I had to make them slightly oversized in order for them to be removable. The sacrifice in scale sometimes has to be made in order for them to be functional, and the original remit I was working to was for a removable mask set.
Bearing that in mind I have started re-sculting the lot of them as proper 1/6 scale masks, but having them as non-removable and fixed to a head.
So here is the first finished one, Grumpy.
You will see it is a prefect size for a 1/6 scale head, and as a fixed sculpt I can also do the hair of the required Goon, and get it as close as possible to movie accurate.
I have not done a strap on this as I could not see it in any of the pictures I have of Grumpys' profile.
I have almost finished Chuckles, and will post pics of him tomorrow... possibly Happy too, if I do not get too many interruptions!
Dizzy

Will you be selling the re-sculpts? Just finished dressing the 5 goons using version 1 of the masks. I'd like to put a true 1/6 scale head on them. They do look a bit large when displayed with the Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker. Took alot of looking and $$$ to get movie accurate clothing, guns and tools for the figures. Better heads might be a good idea.

Old Grandpa

Last edited:
Yes, I will be re-casting these and should be finished the protoypes later this week. One condition will be that you send pics of the heads on the completed figures as I love seeing other peoples' customs that I have helped out on.
Dizzy

Size comparison;
From left to right, Original DC Joker (Bozo) mask, Grumpy version 1 (removable) Grumpy version 2, Chucles Version 2 (ignore the white bit at the bottom of the neck, that is coming off in about 5 mins!)
As you can see, a considerable scaling down (about 35%) in the version 2, and there is no way I could have had them this small and removable.
Dizzy

Looking good!

you would think you were working for Apple...just get the others out and BAM!
new ones!

Like iPods and the Bates 5000 :D

M.

Took alot of looking and $$$ to get movie accurate clothing, guns and tools for the figures. Better heads might be a good idea.

Old Grandpa

Tell me about it! I've been working on this for a while and am almost there. Question for you: What jacket did you use for Happy? His worn black leather has been a thorn in my side. :google

Size comparison;
From left to right, Original DC Joker (Bozo) mask, Grumpy version 1 (removable) Grumpy version 2, Chucles Version 2 (ignore the white bit at the bottom of the neck, that is coming off in about 5 mins!)
As you can see, a considerable scaling down (about 35%) in the version 2, and there is no way I could have had them this small and removable.
Dizzy

Keep 'em coming Diz - they look great! Can't wait to get my set. :chew

just received my v1 set. they look great! but yes are a bit large. ill have to customize some figures to see if i can live with it or need v2. thanks dizz!

I just watched TDK in Hi-def on the XBox 360 to check I get the hair and detail like weathering and see if the strap at the back is visible. I have added some more weathering to Grumpy and Chuckles, but the flash on my crappy camera does the new masks no justice... if you like them in the photos I promise they look 10 times better in person!
So here is Chuckles:
Dizzy

... And here is Happy.
I have done the eye sockets black because if you pain the eyes in it changes the whole expression of the mask, and you cannot see his eyes in the movie.
Also his strap is visible.
Dizzy

And Grumpy with extra weathering (it is darker than my flash shows)
Dizzy

Ok Diz,

I LOVE THEM !

Great work and dedication my friend.

I'm all in like I said.

You are going with the matte look ?

You are going with the matte look ?

The white I am leaving matte, with grey and black weathering... most of it doesn't show in flash photos, but if the sun ever comes out here I will get some pics in natural light. The coloured make-up on the masks has gloss on it... like in the movie. You could buff up the white plastic, but when I did a set in gloss of the removable ones it didn't look too good.

Tonight's offering is Dopey... just Bus Driver to do and hopefully will have him done for tomorrow. Anyone who wants either a single head, a full set, or an unpainted set (these will be cheaper) pm me for prices and completion time.
Dizzy

And tonight, as promised, I give you the Bus Driver ("Bus, what bus?")

Dizzy

A pic of the boys earlier today when the sun actually came out for 5 mins... no Bus driver yet as I was still sculpting him.

Dizzy

And lastly, a group shot... but with my crappy flash. If we get any sun tomorrow morning I will try and get some shots to show them in their best light.
That is it for tonight. Anyone wants either a full set, a single (or two) head, or unpainted ones pm me for prices.

Dizzy

Back