Joker Arkham Asylum Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great comparison! I actually think style wise this arkham pf is more comicy , but the portrait of the other is more true to the classic comic art. If that makes sense?

It does. I think the Arkham pf would actually go better with the Batman PF ( black and grey) better than the first joker. He's suppose to be lanky

Hmmm, if that's the case, maybe I'll save a bit $$ and get this one instead, even though that price... :lol

I do like both of them... was worried this one would look like a twig next to Bats. The original was $400, $380, or less?

I am so happy I never gave in and got the "comic" joker pf.

First, i never really liked it. Found it veryyyy hokey.

Second, this Arkham one is way, WAY nicer! The build, the face (especially the exclusive), the gun, the pose!

So happy I waited! This ones a true comic version imo

Thats a stupid thing to say. The first one is a comic version. Hello .... Its based on the Killing Joke

The head on the first one i thought was too big same with the feet otherwise its a perfect representation of Joker from the comics.

The new one looks more naturalistic - not comic.

Nice, where do you see that? Do you have a link? I actually don't really like the smirk on the EX head anyhow. Most of the ones I see on eBay have be displayed/used and I always worry about that because the Red Skull EX and some 1/6 HT I've bought used from eBay and they had a weird aroma/smell or there were some issues. There are two EX versions for $500 + shipping on eBay I see now. He isn't PVC or whatever, he's pretty solid like Batman right?

No, I believe his legs are hollow. The original PF isn't a very heavy piece. If you have the new Red Skull PF, I'd say they are pretty similar in quality and weight. I think the 1st Joker PF weighs around 10 lbs. On the plus side: The tailoring on the suit is amazing, the head sculpt(s) are superb, and overall this is a stunning PF. It is the very best Joker statue ever released IMO. As I said, if I could only have one, the original PF would easily be my choice.

As for the weird aroma or smell of the pieces you bought on ebay...try to see if the listing says displayed in a smoke/pet free home. If it doesn't list that, shoot the seller a message and ask him where they display their statues. I've bought plenty of statues off the bay and can honestly say, I've never had an issue with them smelling funny. However, I make a point of buying pieces that come from a smoke/pet free home. If a seller smokes or has a large pet, that can easily give anything in the home a funky smell. Believe it or not, even some food that's cooked in a house can cause the entire home and its contents to smell weird. With ebay, that's always a roll of the dice. I do find that asking the seller questions and looking for listings that have a pet/smoke free home gives a buyer the best chance of scoring a good statue. Good luck to you if you decide to try and buy the original PF. He's very much worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Thats a stupid thing to say. The first one is a comic version. Hello .... Its based on the Killing Joke

The head on the first one i thought was too big same with the feet otherwise its a perfect representation of Joker from the comics.

The new one looks more naturalistic - not comic.

The original PF looks to be very much Brian Bolland inspired. That's nothing but a good thing in my book. The REG head sculpt just screams Bolland to me and I LOVE his artwork.

The first joker is based on the comics this new joker is based on the arkham asylum game, just putting out there for those that did not know. *This has been a public access message for the sole purpose of helping the community*

No, I believe his legs are hollow. The original PF isn't a very heavy piece. If you have the new Red Skull PF, I'd say they are pretty similar in quality and weight. I think the 1st Joker PF weighs around 10 lbs. On the plus side: The tailoring on the suit is amazing, the head sculpt(s) are superb, and overall this is a stunning PF. It is the very best Joker statue ever released IMO. As I said, if I could only have one, the original PF would easily be my choice.

As for the weird aroma or smell of the pieces you bought on ebay...try to see if the listing says displayed in a smoke/pet free home. If it doesn't list that, shoot the seller a message and ask him where they display their statues. I've bought plenty of statues off the bay and can honestly say, I've never had an issue with them smelling funny. However, I make a point of buying pieces that come from a smoke/pet free home. If a seller smokes or has a large pet, that can easily give anything in the home a funky smell. Believe it or not, even some food that's cooked in a house can cause the entire home and its contents to smell weird. With ebay, that's always a roll of the dice. I do find that asking the seller questions and looking for listings that have a pet/smoke free home gives a buyer the best chance of scoring a good statue. Good luck to you if you decide to try and buy the original PF. He's very much worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Cool, thanks for the advice! The description only says Sold As Is but I'll be sure to ask. I don't know what it is, it's not smoke (cigarette or cigar) but it is something funky and stands out. I had messaged them about it after receiving it and they say they didn't smell anything so it must've been something they're used to smelling in their own home, possibly animal dander or what not. But anyways, yeah, I have those two Joker EX PFs that are $500 and shipping on my watch list on eBay. Did a search here on these forums but no one seems to be selling it now. I saw the Sold prices on eBay and some people were able to get theirs for $450 or under. I wish that option was there now but the cheapest is those two that I found. I'm still undecided at the moment and will probably wait it out unless I see this one sell out.

The original PF looks to be very much Brian Bolland inspired. That's nothing but a good thing in my book. The REG head sculpt just screams Bolland to me and I LOVE his artwork.

:yess:

joker1_1.jpg

Cool, thanks for the advice! The description only says Sold As Is but I'll be sure to ask. I don't know what it is, it's not smoke (cigarette or cigar) but it is something funky and stands out. I had messaged them about it after receiving it and they say they didn't smell anything so it must've been something they're used to smelling in their own home, possibly animal dander or what not. But anyways, yeah, I have those two Joker EX PFs that are $500 and shipping on my watch list on eBay. Did a search here on these forums but no one seems to be selling it now. I saw the Sold prices on eBay and some people were able to get theirs for $450 or under. I wish that option was there now but the cheapest is those two that I found. I'm still undecided at the moment and will probably wait it out unless I see this one sell out.

Take your time. Prices on the original PF have been pretty steady. The Arkham version just went up for PO and I can't see the EX selling out anytime soon. Even if it does, just hop on the WL. You'll certainly convert if you get on the WL soon enough. There's no rush to commit to either piece. The biggest hurdle you'll have to get over is which one you'd like to have in your collection. Once you know that for sure, the rest should be fairly easy given the prices on both PFs are about the same.

While I love this new PF, I really hope the head sculpts get some reworking. The hair is too slicked back, not spikey enough like it was in the game. And the chin need to be longer and thinner. I just don't get why nobody has quite nailed the Arkham Joker look while digital files ought to be available. Ordered it regardless. Hopefully this gets HT off their butts to finish off their AC Joker they've been working on for years.

Im not too sure I want to pay $450 for it. Wish sideshow would cut out the NRD's already. If it werent for the nrd, Id have no problem hopping on the order.

Because I dont want to drop the nrd and commit to it. If there was no nrd I would get it, and I wouldnt have to worry about losing a deposit if I change my mind.

And thats why they instituted NRDs

Bingo! Its to keep edition sizes small. With people ordering with no intention of keeping the order, it just inflates the edition size and leaves things unsold in the warehouse. The NRD basically guarantee's an order as people don't want to lose out on that deposit.

Back