Joker and Harley Quinn Movie (Sometime after Suicide Squad 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. Their entire approach to the characters and stories has been so rushed and disjointed. Some of the new films aren't going to be part of the universe they're trying to build. Others are origin stories they should have started with in the first place to build the foundation of their universe. It's aggravating to be a fan and see them flailing around with no clear plan. They're just trying to **** out films to take advantage of the comic book movie craze, and their doing a disservice to the license.

Indeed. All they could see and wanted was that Marvel/Disney money but couldn't be bothered by trying to earn it piece by piece.
They sat and twiddled their thumbs for years with DC projects unrelated to a bigger universe then attempted to play catch up
with a studio that had a bigger plan for their cinematic world. So not only are they overall doing a vast disservice to
their characters but to the large caliber of talent they have associated with the films. WB seem determined to implement
all of Sony's bad ideas and not any of Marvel's better ideas and it's truly showing.

Last edited:
WB's biggest problem is they are afraid to fully commit to anything; they are always second guessing themselves, which leads them to make impulsive or rash decisions. The reason why the MCU is so successful is because they carefully mapped out a vision and have stuck with it, even when the movies didn’t do as well as they may have hoped in terms of box office revenue or critical acclaim. This whole elseworlds thing reeks of desperation, but desperation was not needed. They chose to introduce their characters in teams up movies, bypassing origin stories which afforded them the same freedom to create unique origin prequel stories without being beholden to anything that is currently happening but could still be connected to the larger DCU. Case in point, The batman movie that is currently being made didn’t need to be a separate elseworlds story, the director was already free to enact his own vision because the events of BVS and Justice league take place in the far future. He was not bound by anything that is currently be shown or will be shown, so there was no need for any of this ****. People change, heroes grow, nobody complained about wonder woman being slightly different in her solo movie then in BVS. Patty Jenkins was free to craft her own vision in an origin story and it worked out very well. She wasn’t beholden by anything that happened in BVS. WB just lacks the balls to commit and are only going to hurt themselves with the confusion all this is going to create.

The DC films are starting to feel like the Terminator series with all of these semi-connected false starts.

And what's too bad with such a half-assed and haphazard approach is that they're really ruining any impact that certain classic comic stories can *ever* have on audiences. They can never do a proper Doomsday story now. Even if they started over completely and established a ton of heroes one at a time the way that Marvel did and then had Doomsday show up and fight through all the heroes until finally killing and being killed by Superman...it won't matter. That particular toothpaste is already out of the tube and there's no putting it back in.

Same with having so many "The Dark Knight Returns" elements already on film. They can't ever do a proper adaptation now. Sony did it too. They blew their one shot at shocking everyone with Gwen Stacy's death on the Garfield universe. If they ever do it again with Holland or whoever else it just won't ever be what it could have been.

WB's biggest problem is they are afraid to fully commit to anything; they are always second guessing themselves, which leads them to make impulsive or rash decisions. The reason why the MCU is so successful is because they carefully mapped out a vision and have stuck with it, even when the movies didn’t do as well as they may have hoped in terms of box office revenue or critical acclaim. This whole elseworlds thing reeks of desperation, but desperation was not needed. They chose to introduce their characters in teams up movies, bypassing origin stories which afforded them the same freedom to create unique origin prequel stories without being beholden to anything that is currently happening but could still be connected to the larger DCU. Case in point, The batman movie that is currently being made didn’t need to be a separate elseworlds story, the director was already free to enact his own vision because the events of BVS and Justice league take place in the far future. He was not bound by anything that is currently be shown or will be shown, so there was no need for any of this ****. People change, heroes grow, nobody complained about wonder woman being slightly different in her solo movie then in BVS. Patty Jenkins was free to craft her own vision in an origin story and it worked out very well. She wasn’t beholden by anything that happened in BVS. WB just lacks the balls to commit and are only going to hurt themselves with the confusion all this is going to create.

BINGO! WB's approach to their D.C. properties have been reactionary, with no forethought whatsoever.
Another problem I believe WB have is that they don't really put any real restraints on their directors regarding
the DCEU which is one reason why you can have Snyder arbitrarily kill off many of Superman's supporting
characters and/or Ayer's character aesthetics in SS. However the current development with The Batman is a
prime example of throwing out the baby with the bath water. There's absolutely no real reason why The Batman
can't A.) be a part of the overall DCEU and B.) maintain the actors that by large have been generally accepted and
praised. As you've stated, Batman's current timeline is more than sufficient for Reeves to do as he pleases, it's literally
the best of both worlds without needing to change anything ala what Jenkins did for Wonder Woman. And yes,
they can't commit to anything so why should they expect fans and moviegoers to be invested in these characters
when they're not. They seem far more content with prostituting out anything Batman related to anyone with an idea.
If all they want to do is put unnecessary time and resources in one off Elseworlds based films then there's really no
need for a DCEU. Simply pick one and stay the course.

Last edited:
The DC films are starting to feel like the Terminator series with all of these semi-connected false starts.

And what's too bad with such a half-assed and haphazard approach is that they're really ruining any impact that certain classic comic stories can *ever* have on audiences. They can never do a proper Doomsday story now. Even if they started over completely and established a ton of heroes one at a time the way that Marvel did and then had Doomsday show up and fight through all the heroes until finally killing and being killed by Superman...it won't matter. That particular toothpaste is already out of the tube and there's no putting it back in.

Same with having so many "The Dark Knight Returns" elements already on film. They can't ever do a proper adaptation now. Sony did it too. They blew their one shot at shocking everyone with Gwen Stacy's death on the Garfield universe. If they ever do it again with Holland or whoever else it just won't ever be what it could have been.

Not ever having a true TDKR pisses me off the most

Don't get excited- I'm thinking 2/3 of these films they announce will never be made- they have like 10 films in development- bet 4 get made at most

Don't get excited- I'm thinking 2/3 of these films they announce will never be made- they have like 10 films in development- bet 4 get made at most

well hopefully its the 80s joker movie they have planned that gets axed. If they are doing this for top director talent as they say, then it makes no sense cause the guy they are giving the job too is not a top notch director. All he has done is the hangover; one funny movie does not make him a critically acclaimed director. In addition, hopefully Matt Reeves comments about the batman movies are being taken our of context and it will be more like the Patty Jenkins Wonder woman where it takes place before all the events that are currently taking place thus not directly a follow up or continuation of the future (eg current) stories.

Last edited:
looks like this movie is replacing Gotham City Sirens and that movie is dead.

I thought Gotham City Sirens was going to use Joker as the bad guy so maybe it's the same script/story but just being re-titled to focus on Joker more since he's a bigger selling pt than Catwoman and Ivy.

So much for Johns coming in and helping DC get their **** together--not that I had much faith in him in the first place. Unfortunately, this mess will be around for several more years before anything gets fixed. Even then, I imagine it will probably take a couple films tanking really hard for them to realize something needs to change. It'd be nice if they thought more long-term and understood they could be making a ****-ton more money if they were smarter with the characters and stories. I suppse as long as the ridiculous social media hype about a female director (like there's never been one before) or Letoker gifting his DNA keeps going then they get the spectacle they're looking for.

Suicide SquadHeadlinesVideos
Joker Actor Jared Leto Addresses Rumors That He's Done Portraying Gotham's Clown Prince Of Crime In The DCEU
Joker Actor Jared Leto Addresses Rumors That He's Done Portraying Gotham's Clown Prince Of Crime In The DCEU
After a maelstrom of rumors about who's coming and going in the DCEU, you can count Joker actor Jared Leto among the many who are now debunking wild fan speculation and voicing their commitment.
Mark Julian | 8/24/2017
Filed Under: "Suicide Squad"

Two days ago, Deadline's report on a standalone Joker origin film led many to speculate that Jared Leto was done playing the character in the DC Films Universe. However, a day later, new reports clarified that Leto would actually be returning for Suicide Squad 2, a Joker and Harley film and possibly Gotham City Sirens.

It seems around this same time, Leto was a guest on the Australian radio show Kyle and Jackie O, where he cleared up any confusion.

Here's what Leto told the hosts when pressed on whether he's finsihed with the role :

"No, there's so much hype and bullsh-- about that, I think it's just fun thing to talk about. Even when [Suicide Squad] came out, there was so much misrepresentation about what went down, about the method acting crap. It's just that 90% of it was not even true. It just takes on a life of its own.

[Filming Suicide Squad] was an incredible experience, everyone was amazing. Margot Robbie [is] one of the nicest people and one of the best actresses I've ever worked with. I really loved working with her.

I thought the scenes we did together were some of the most fun I've ever had on a set before. But everything is great in that world and I'm really proud to be a part of it."

In related news, Matt Reeves just confirmed that The Batman is still set within the DCEU.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suic...ams-clown-prince-of-crime-in-the-dceu-a153465

So now it's part of The DCEU. Yup. until the **** is playing on screen i'm not paying attention to sites anymore.

Rumors on the internet- when will you people EVER learn? I can't wait for all these films- the actors clearly don't give a **** what trolls on the internet spread

Muh Jokah!

G3hv7Ox.jpg

Leto will be a great joker. He's a fantastic actor. I think it was hard for anyone to stand out in such a garbage film, especially since they barely gave him any screen time.

I'm sure he would be. But his design is horrendous and his way of acting as the joker was to. That stupid purring.

Back