Joining or starting discussions:A supportive,neutral,or intimidating experience?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that a lot of people just ignore me most of the time.

finger.gif

Who... are you again? :ignore:

:D

On another note, this thread is hilarious. It's like a support group for boardies who need a hug.

Are you coming on to me?

Whatever floats your boat buddy. I just assumed that since you thought this thread was a support group, I figured that you needed a hug. Isn't that why you joined and decided to participate in this thread? Or was there another reason? :wink1:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal skull made me cry. Why? It tarnished the the franchise name; the name Indiana Jones always meant to me, something amazing, so fun, so exciting, clever, eyes glued to the screen, action-packed, simply brilliant. KotCS shattered my hopes and dreams (that I had and cherished since I was a little kid of 5 years old) and I cried to myself in the theatre after the movie ended.

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

3008123_orig.jpg

Did that guy ever post again!? That thread was classic!

Respectful is nice. "Positive and very supportive" sounds like something you get from counseling, not a toy message board IMO. Folks will usually disagree when you're talking about several hundred people chiming in about toy or statue X. Some people go too far with the ridicule IMO. Some people bring it on themselves.

In my experience, smaller message boards are gonna be more cohesive and collegial. So if that's what you're into, maybe that's what you should be looking for. You've just got too many people here into too many different things coming from too many different places (age-wise, entitlement level-wise, thoughtfulness-wise, etc.). It is what it is.

Just keep in mind that folks are mostly anonymous, and that means that posts you read aren't the same things you would hear in casual conversations with someone in person. Having said that, message boards such as this aren't for everyone. Personally, I wouldn't post here if I felt overly upset by the postings of others.

FYI, not taking things too seriously is the best way to get along on this board. I've been a member since '03 and although some have wanted it to have a nice, supportive vibe, the only way to actually have that is to assimilate and become a full fledged Freak.

fantasy-mnster-25.gif

I actually take that back a little. Some newbies are very insightful, thoughtful and respectful with their posts. I don't see them getting hazed as much. :D
Too many seem only concerned with getting a higher post count and type random replies. Lame. :monkey4

Cool post.
He eats sensitive for breakfast. As well as Green Berets. :lecture

And right now, I'm reeeeeeeeeeally hungry! :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

...wonders why trolling clowns seem to be the only people with something interesting to say. :dunno

...but knows exactly why the overly sensitive have nothing but boring-ass ____ retentive crap to post. That one's easy.

THIS! As I posted earlier in one of the Batman threads, it seems douchebags join and despite being in the hobby for only a couple years, not only proclaim themselves accuracy experts, but feel more than entitled to rip the ass wide open on just about any company, whining about inconsequential minutia and the minute someone questions their eccentricity, they cry foul. If you post on a discussion forum, expect people to discuss your posts. If you don't like it, ____ off and get a blog where you can keep your anonymity and post your opinions without people questioning them. It's really that ____ing simple. :huh

Back