Joebizz34's World of Customizing *Update - Lots of New Stuff!!*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebizz34

Super Freak
Reaction score

Hey guys,

Well I'm sort of new to the board but have made many friends here in the short time I've been posting here. I have been customizing and kitbashing for years. I started doing model kits when I was in my early 20's and from there I moved on to customizing Hasbro Star Wars figures. That was how I started getting a passion for 1/6 scale figures. I used to collect some of Sideshow's horror figures and for the time they were great but when my customizing ways kicked in I was compelled to make them better. So here I am. There are a lot of talented people on here and I am no where near their level but I hope to learn from what I see here and improve my own skills along the way.

My motivation for first coming here was based on an invite I received from SilentSurfer himself. In case you are not familiar with him, which I'm sure everyone here is, he recently completed the paint job for the newly released Sideshow PF Jason part 3 figure which looks great. I purchased a Myers head sculpt off of him and with his advice and suggestions I was able to complete this figure. It turned out great and I posted pictures of the completed item on his thread. So out of respect for him and my way to say thank you, I am going to start this thread with showing those pictures of what he likes to call "Our" Myers figure. :lol

I am currently working on my first complete custom of Jason from part 8 and I will post pics of my progression on that project here as well along with other completed projects I have done. I hope you guys enjoy the pics and I welcome the comments you share here. I am a beginner at sculpting so you won't see perfection here at first but hopefully what you will see is a progression of my work getting better as time goes on. With that being said, here we go......

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Re: Joebizz34's custom work

Now here are a couple of pics from my current Jason Takes Manhattan figure. I started with sculpting the head and painting over a Sideshow Hockey mask to match the color and markings from that sequel. I will post more pics soon and this is all currently a work in progress.

Last edited:

Ok as promised here are more pics of my Jason custom. In these pics you will see my work on sculpting his arms and parts of his body that in the end will be exposed through his clothing. The shirt and pants are not the right color yet. I am going to dye them. However first I wanted to make sure that the rips are in the right places and will sit on the body the way I am invisioning it.

Last edited:

Some more pics of working on his clothes and body.

Last edited:

I'm still working on the hockey mask. The straps are going to be replaced with better more realistic ones. Ths pic was just a test to see how it fits on the head.

Last edited:

Jason loooks good so far man , can't wait to see it complete:goodpost:

Thanks man, It's my first one from scratch so I will be proud of it no matter what and I will always look at it and use it as a guide on where I went right and where I went wrong and need to do better next time. :)

Thanks man, It's my first one from scratch so I will be proud of it no matter what and I will always look at it and use it as a guide on where I went right and where I went wrong and need to do better next time. :)

Well, if youre anything like me, you will laugh at your 1st attempt and will no longer be proud of it.
I did my 1st ever headsculpt about 2 weeks ago and was very proud until I made my 2nd headsculpt. My 1st attempt looks like a joke to me now!

Anyway, its kind of hard to see from your photos but I'd say you should work a bit more on your ripping/weathering techniques.
You have made a great start but theres still more you can do to add realism...basically, I think you should try to fray/tatter your rips a bit.
They look too much like they have been cut using scissors or knife...you want them to look ripped, not cut.
This can be done by scraping the edge of them with an xacto knife or maybe sandpaper.

It might be a good idea to use an old shirt and practice on that first by using different tools like an xacto knife, sandpaper, scissors etc etc
try for different effects by using several techniques.

Looking good so far though.:clap
Where did you find those trousers by the way?
Do you have a link?

Last edited:

Well, if youre anything like me, you will laugh at your 1st attempt and will no longer be proud of it.
I did my 1st ever headsculpt about 2 weeks ago and was very proud until I made my 2nd headsculpt. My 1st attempt looks like a joke to me now!

Anyway, its kind of hard to see from your photos but I'd say you should work a bit more on your ripping/weathering techniques.
You have made a great start but theres still more you can do to add realism...basically, I think you should try to fray/tatter your rips a bit.
They look too much like they have been cut using scissors or knife...you want them to look ripped, not cut.
This can be done by scraping the edge of them with an xacto knife of maybe sandpaper.

It might be a good idea to use an old shirt and practice on that first by using different tools like an xacto knife, sandpaper, scissors etc etc
try for different effects by using several techniques.

Looking good so far though.:clap
Where did you find those trousers by the way?
Do you have a link?

Hey Terminator,

Thanks for the feedback and advice. You are correct about the ripping effect. I am going to work on that more. I haven't even really started to weather it yet. I just wanted to make sure the holes were in the right spot first and then I was planning on dying the outfit before weathering it. I got the shirt and pants as a set off of a seller on eBay. Here is the link....

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Act-Figure...262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b6cfcce6

This is for one that ended but he will post it again. I have seen him post these several times.

So here is a quick pic of the outfit after I dyed it. I'm just waiting for it to dry before I go to work on completing this sucker. :lol

Last edited:

awesome, looking forward for more.

BTW, what did you use to dye the clothes ?

Thanks and I will post more very soon. The dye I use is RIT dye. Not expensive and works very well. If you saw my Myers figure at the beginning of this thread the coveralls on him was also done by Rit.

Thanks and I will post more very soon. The dye I use is RIT dye. Not expensive and works very well. If you saw my Myers figure at the beginning of this thread the coveralls on him was also done by Rit.

were your myers coveralls the orange ones?
thanks for the ebay link too, i really appreciate it.
looking forward to seeing how they look once they have dried.
again, great work so far, my friend.

were your myers coveralls the orange ones?
thanks for the ebay link too, i really appreciate it.
looking forward to seeing how they look once they have dried.
again, great work so far, my friend.

Thanks again and yes the coveralls used were in fact the orange ones. SilentSurfer told me not to use those because it wouldn't dye the correct color and he was right. However I had no choice. The only ones I could find were the orange ones. So I went for it and dyed it anyway, What occurred was what was to be expected. The color came out brown. Then I bleached them and that changed the color to a lighter brown almost tan color. Once that happened, I was in business and was able to dye them again to the color I wanted. There were orange stitches still showing, but I covered them up as best I could after the fact.

Ok guys, here they are. These next few posts will be of my completed??? Jason Takes Manhattan figure. I might still tweek him a bit but this is very close to what I wanted in the finished product. I hope you like what you see and remember, its my first one building from scratch so be nice. :lol but I will certainly welcome criticism to help improve my work as long as it's fair not just picking on me!!

picture.php

Last edited:
Back