Joebizz34's 1/6 Star Wars Customs-*Update-Hoth Luke!* )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My 1/6 Hasbro Star Wars customs

Does anyone have a good picture of the Hasbro 12 inch imperial gunner that came with the Tarkin figure? I can only find somewhat crappy pictures of it online. Is the helmet utterly useless?

Sean

Does anyone have a good picture of the Hasbro 12 inch imperial gunner that came with the Tarkin figure? I can only find somewhat crappy pictures of it online. Is the helmet utterly useless?

Sean
no...........it has potential.....:lecture

i just got one in the mail the other day............planning on a few mods to bring it up to par

1. removing ribbed neck mount of helmet & replacing with a modified ssc ribbed neck bib
2. repainting entire helmet & hopefully the imperial decal
3. adding a clear plastic strip at the eye piece after the repaint
4. dying shirt & pants black
5. replacing gloves & boots
6. fill in the sew holes to armor/bib
7. repainting belt buckle with "silver leaf"
8. adding holster & pistol

not much at all.......:)

How bout the Tomy Imperial gunner helmet??? Or is it too small??

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too small..................i learned that recently...........:mad:

no...........it has potential.....:lecture

i just got one in the mail the other day............planning on a few mods to bring it up to par

1. removing ribbed neck mount of helmet & replacing with a modified ssc ribbed neck bib
2. repainting entire helmet & hopefully the imperial decal
3. adding a clear plastic strip at the eye piece after the repaint
4. dying shirt & pants black
5. replacing gloves & boots
6. fill in the sew holes to armor/bib
7. repainting belt buckle with "silver leaf"
8. adding holster & pistol

not much at all.......:)

Went to a toy show today and found this set for under $20, so I bought it. Not that thrilled with the soft plastic, though. Any idea how to paint high gloss on that soft plastic helmet?

Sean

Went to a toy show today and found this set for under $20, so I bought it. Not that thrilled with the soft plastic, though. Any idea how to paint high gloss on that soft plastic helmet?

Sean

krylon makes a high gloss & matte finish specifically for plastics.............it's called "fusion"...........walmart carries this. i painted my death squad commanders helmet & gloves with this stuff. no problems so far.

Re: My 1/6 Hasbro Star Wars customs (Updated with custom Hasbro Wampa)

Hey guys, it's been a while since I bumped this thread but I have a new Hasbro redo/custom I finised and wanted to share it. I finished up with the Hasbro Wampa creature that came originally in a 2 pack with a Hoth Luke that you also saw some redo pics of what I did to him here.

Now this figure was soooo bad that even with my extra TLC he's far from perfect. However I feel that at least now he resembles the Wampa creature more then the big snow ball teddy bear like doll he originally looked like. Sometimes looking at him I thought he resembled the creature on the plane wing in one of the original Twilight Zone episodes with William Shatner more so then the Wampa. :lol Here's a pic of what he originally looked like....

KGrHqVHJDkE8f5k6mjBPMEYDSv60_3.jpg

and now here's pics of him after I got through with him.....

DSC_14012.jpg

DSC_1401-2.jpg

DSC_1397-2.jpg

I basically went nuts with doing paint washes over him followed by gloss varnish and White Gesso. I repainted his face along with adding some more fur to his face in certain areas. Also in the originally film (not the Special Edition scenes), he had ears that I sculpted and added to his head....

DSC_13982.jpg

DSC_13992.jpg

DSC_14002.jpg

Some last few pics including some with him getting ready to attach poor unexpecting Luke. :)

DSC_1404-1.jpg

DSC_1405-2.jpg

DSC_1407-2.jpg

DSC_14032.jpg

DSC_14022.jpg

Freezer burn Luke! That Wampa rocks. Love the added ears and face repaint, excellent work.

Thanks man!! I've wanted to upgrade this guy for a while and finally got around to doing it. :)

Amazing work, that's a heck of a difference!!!

oh hell yea, that wampa looks all kinds of badass.............much more menacing now than the original. great job...:clap

oh hell yea, that wampa looks all kinds of badass.............much more menacing now than the original. great job...:clap

Thanks barryo!!... There will always be Star Wars love from me!!! :hi5:

I did a YouTube video showing my Hasbro Star Wars customs that I had done in the past and showed pics of here. I also show my Wampa that I just finished along with a Hulk and Alien re-paint I did. However most of the video shows the Star Wars ones so I figured I would post it here as well as my main thread.....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnYgAqxf_TQ&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Polished turds! Nice job! Still funny to look back at where this hobby really started and how far it's come.

Back