Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b0e315d2c1355818ce8eb5d249c5c0b8.jpg

I can say that I'm pretty happy with my Mtoys right out of the box. My main concern was the headsculpt, as I didn't liked at all ToysEra's. I don't care if the sculpt is good or bad under all that messy paintjob. I didn't feel like I should pay for a re-paint after paying 150 bucks for the figure. Smiling head is lovely tho and I migh look for it on eBay at some point.
I'm waiting for one of CREGs custom headsculpts to finish my representation of this joker, but for the moment I'm totally fine. I wish the green shirt had the same definition and pattern of the ToysEra one, but I love how the suit fits and how long the jacket is compared to TE one. Shoes looks kinda toy-is, but are the right bright brown color (and are a toy after all lol). I'm fine with them.
My main focus was the sculpt. I think it screams 'Phoenix' right out of the box and It looks perfectly good as it is. Eyes are really well painted, hair is the right lenght and you can tell it is dead serious under all that clown makeup. As I said, I might end up getting the smiling TE headsculpt anytime just to have more posing options, but I was honestly impressed about the sculpt quality. Not hot-toys quality, but 80% there.
The flowers accessory... meh. I think I prefer the paper ones from TE. The metallic gun I don't mind at all. Would have been nice, but I don't think I'm missing anything. The mask is nice and sort of bendable, and the hair is the right lenght. I wish it came with a nice display base, but I might end up bulding my own kinda stairs-scene display for it.

Sorry for the long post. I'm not trying to underwhelm anyone who bought Toys Era version. I just wanted to give my point of view, as I've been following this thread and other posts on facebook for a long time and It took me ages to decide what version would fit my needs.
Apart from the green shirt and the flowers, I'm perfectly happy with it and I would't change it for any other version available on the market right now.

Cheers

2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

Does anyone have more pictures of the Toy Center/Cuke Toys suits? Or know where there are in-hand pictures of them?

Does anyone have more pictures of the Toy Center/Cuke Toys suits? Or know where there are in-hand pictures of them?

I ordered on Toy Center suit but don't have it yet. Can't wait.

I don't like the Mtoys headsculpt, he looks very old and the likeness is even more off than the TE imo.

I can say that I'm pretty happy with my Mtoys right out of the box. My main concern was the headsculpt, as I didn't liked at all ToysEra's. I don't care if the sculpt is good or bad under all that messy paintjob. I didn't feel like I should pay for a re-paint after paying 150 bucks for the figure. Smiling head is lovely tho and I migh look for it on eBay at some point.
I'm waiting for one of CREGs custom headsculpts to finish my representation of this joker, but for the moment I'm totally fine. I wish the green shirt had the same definition and pattern of the ToysEra one, but I love how the suit fits and how long the jacket is compared to TE one. Shoes looks kinda toy-is, but are the right bright brown color (and are a toy after all lol). I'm fine with them.
My main focus was the sculpt. I think it screams 'Phoenix' right out of the box and It looks perfectly good as it is. Eyes are really well painted, hair is the right lenght and you can tell it is dead serious under all that clown makeup. As I said, I might end up getting the smiling TE headsculpt anytime just to have more posing options, but I was honestly impressed about the sculpt quality. Not hot-toys quality, but 80% there.
The flowers accessory... meh. I think I prefer the paper ones from TE. The metallic gun I don't mind at all. Would have been nice, but I don't think I'm missing anything. The mask is nice and sort of bendable, and the hair is the right lenght. I wish it came with a nice display base, but I might end up bulding my own kinda stairs-scene display for it.

Sorry for the long post. I'm not trying to underwhelm anyone who bought Toys Era version. I just wanted to give my point of view, as I've been following this thread and other posts on facebook for a long time and It took me ages to decide what version would fit my needs.
Apart from the green shirt and the flowers, I'm perfectly happy with it and I would't change it for any other version available on the market right now.

Cheers

View attachment 477087
View attachment 477088
View attachment 477089
View attachment 477090
View attachment 477091

I hear you - I really wanted the MToys version myself because that head sculpt is truly excellent and the suit cut fits the frame better. End of the day, I went with the Toys Era because 1. Smiling head sculpt 2. Better clown mask that I plan to use for a henchman. Having it in hand, I'm pretty damn happy because the Toys Era looks even better in person. Bravo to all that obtain either or both. Biggest loser here is not us - it's Hot Toys. They missed the mark not putting forth this figure.

Hot toys didn?t really have a choice in the matter as merch was not licensed. Plus with how good they suck off disney, I?m sure minimal effort would had been put into the figure.

I don't like the Mtoys headsculpt, he looks very old and the likeness is even more off than the TE imo.

The suit on the MToys is decent though. It looks baggy like it should, and the body also seems relatively small. The TE body and suit however is unforgivable personally, especially for the price.

I saw some initial pictures of the TC suit on this thread, and it looked pretty decent (the one with a custom rooted hair head sculpt). But then there were some pictures of it on the TE body, and that looked ok. But I think that is because of how big the TE body is, it's so incorrect - the suit just looked so full. I think a really skinny body and the TC suit will look good. For me, that's the best option, considering price, accuracy etc.

When it does arrive, please do post pics on here! And by the way, which body are you planning to use with it?

I agree with you - I think so far it’s the best likeness to Joaquin Phoenix, and I really like the suit on this one.

Cheers
View attachment 477090

Fantastic shots:clap

MToys looks great there...especially the paint apps...

Yeah I honestly have a hard time seeing much of a likeness in the Mtoys one myself. The ToysEra isn't quite as long or gaunt as it should be, but still looks much more like Phoenix to me.

Yeah I honestly have a hard time seeing much of a likeness in the Mtoys one myself. The ToysEra isn't quite as long or gaunt as it should be, but still looks much more like Phoenix to me.

This. So far toys era is the only sculpt that actually has a good likeness, the rest are generic guy with clown mask. Especially the top head, that looks nothing like him and it has giraffe neck. They're also painted too much and right up against the hairline which isn't accurate to the movie. Toys era might be a little too light on paint but it's still more accurate.

Back