Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh... neither of those sculpts look much like Joachim... but the size on the Mtoys looks better scaled in that one picture.

But then Mtoys has that too-long jacket, long vest, and incorrect color shirt with the awkward turtleneck collar. Also, is the right arm longer than the left on the Mtoys?

I can't wait to see both these figures properly futzed.

This is the Mtoys Head on the Toys Era Body, and you can really see how full this body is...maybe this is him after shooting the movie and he started eating again lol
Screenshot_20200107_132048_com.instagram.android.jpg

i dunno Mtoys did a fantastic job if you ask me
joaquim-phoenix-in-joker.jpg
here is a jacket you shot
Joker-Joaquin-Phoenix-Red-Suit-F-510x600.jpg shots

There are pluses and minuses on both sides. I was always under the impression I would have to piece together a Joker. Are all these pictures flattering? Hell no. I already see things I like from both of these and those to come. It all boils down to how much I want to spend.

My friend recieved the Toys Era Comedian today and I posted the pics he sent me on facebook, poorly accepted but not the figure itself, people think he intentionally made them look bad sigh.... so there are two sets of pics. Anyway here is what he sent, he gave the suit to another friend who does tailoring because it was too baggy to his liking and the collar didn't stay down, he'll also likely try to find someone to repaint the sculpts, overall he regrets the purchase but says the accessories are nice, the suit has nice tailoring it's just too big and the sculpts look ok but are ruined by the paint.

With light:
01mH1Ah.jpg

fhOIYGb.jpg

FHVI3sO.png

nEV6oFS.png

Tne0RI3.jpg

lr92wGh.jpg

W2nQqDj.jpg

jmtWVxz.jpg

VZ3DWLe.jpg

yaghtcd.jpg

Those photos are brutally horrible, R_R_X.

How does it look in a full figure, non-macro shot.

You mean the photos themselves or the sculpts, my friend ins't a professional photographer sadly haha
No, he picked this up at the post office and dropped by his friend to give him the clothes, he said they were way too big on him and that the porportions look better when he isn't wearing them but the head is still a bit small compared to other ones as you can see in the pics.
He thinks that the 3 sculpts were the main selling point and they did a bad job painting them.

Clearly a rushed job. Too bad. Makes this clown sad.

I'm curious how it looks from afar, because the videos of the figure all made it look pretty good. I know a lot of figures (other than HT) don't look too good in macro shots.

The only head I care about is the smiling head, and it looks to have come out the best of the three. I have no interest in the Arthur Fleck head and if I ever did, I haven't seen one that truly captures Phoenix yet... except the CREG custom head. That one is great!

Anyway, I never expected HT level on this, and just wanted this silly happy clown on my shelf doing his leg-kick. I hope the imperfections will be somewhat hidden once he is just kickin' it on my desk.

That said, I haven't paid for the ToysEra yet... I could still get out. But then, what do I buy instead?

I think the Mtoys head looks a bit pinheaded also. I think the TOP Arthur regular sculpt is better than either of those without makeup.

Clearly a rushed job. Too bad. Makes this clown sad.

I'm curious how it looks from afar, because the videos of the figure all made it look pretty good. I know a lot of figures (other than HT) don't look too good in macro shots.

The only head I care about is the smiling head, and it looks to have come out the best of the three. I have no interest in the Arthur Fleck head and if I ever did, I haven't seen one that truly captures Phoenix yet... except the CREG custom head. That one is great!

Anyway, I never expected HT level on this, and just wanted this silly happy clown on my shelf doing his leg-kick. I hope the imperfections will be somewhat hidden once he is just kickin' it on my desk.

That said, I haven't paid for the ToysEra yet... I could still get out. But then, what do I buy instead?

I agree, as I said before mass producing this in two months was a bad idea, I don't even think they had a reason to considering out of all the competition their version looked the best.

From what I've seen and been told the suit makes his head look small, here is a video going around, he says it is really good in it, guy sounds like he's from my country too haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZpDApKAqPg
I agree CREG has by far the best sculpts oh how I would love to see them mass produced but I know he has to make a living, maybe one day someone makes one like it or even better!

I say go for it, the figure has great potential for customization, especially the smiling sculpt, it needs a repaint, body mod and some clothing changes and it should come out amazing but for collectors in general and people who don't mod their figures it's a letdown for sure.

If anyone is looking for a decent painter check out onesixthvisage on Instagram. He will be painting my set once I get it.

Back