Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the movie last night, and damn was it good. I initially thought thought I wouldn't be interested, but if HT made this, I would likely buy it. Include a pistol, mask, scissors, make-up brush, and towel and I would be happy.

If the film continues to do well like it is, maybe HT will take the plunge.

But they are fully aware that there are 6 versions of this Joker already flooding the marketplace which will affect their bottom line.

I think it's up to Warner Bros. to give them the license to produce figures. I'm sure Hot Toys knows by now that this figure would sell well.

I know they shared the trailer on their FB so it is on their radar. I think it's a license thing. The market is full of Jokers right now, that's why I think HTs will need to do a DX to differentiate themselves from what's out there. Arthur figure + Joker figure + extra Joker headsculpt, all with PERS. That should do it.

DX would seem to be the only way for HT to differentiate the product and get a nigh price... but this movie doesn't seem like a DX type thing.

The PERS eyes will ruin the sculpt.

I highly doubt warner brothers will officially license this figure for toys even a high end collectible like hot toys. Some parents group would target this taking the word toy in hot toys as an attempt to market a violent divisive movie to youngsters . It seems silly but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not taking any chances I preordered the toys era . I have their version of cable and I was impressed

I highly doubt warner brothers will officially license this figure for toys even a high end collectible like hot toys. Some parents group would target this taking the word toy in hot toys as an attempt to market a violent divisive movie to youngsters . It seems silly but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not taking any chances I preordered the toys era . I have their version of cable and I was impressed

HT is so under the radar, that's kind of ridiculous. What is there like 100 retailer stores across the us maybe that have HT in store?

I preordered the Toys Era too, but not because I'm afraid of HT not doing it. I like the package a lot. Even if HT did it, it'd be $300 DX, I'll save the money. The most interesting thing I'd get from them is a subway version with both happy/dejected headsculpts and a great outfit, but doubt that'll be it.

Same pricks cost me my Enterbay Django figures. Still sore about it.

Yeah i think Warner may not allow any licensed figures for this, prob see it in bad taste considering the subject matter.

But we got licenced figures from John Wick, Terminator, Predator. How many di they kill compared to Joker?

Also don't NECA do much more affordable and widely available figures for stuff like Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street?

Definitely not an apples to apples comparison at least insofar as how the movie has been perceived by some . Nobody as far as I know protested against john wick 3

I can't help but think they would have a Hell of a time trying to convince Joaquin Phoenix to sign over his likeness rights if it wasn't already part of the original contract in taking on the role. And given that Warners didn't intend to merchandise the film it may well not have been.

But just like Phoenix suddenly being open to possibly revisiting the character (which, were it to ever happen, you can bet would absolutely have merchandising licensing rights attached), success can be a great mind changer, so who knows?

Crazy to see how brand name power hot toys have over some. I mean, 1/6 is 1/6 to me regardless of company, if it looks good, it looks good.

Crazy to see how brand name power hot toys have over some. I mean, 1/6 is 1/6 to me regardless of company, if it looks good, it looks good.

It baffles me to, especially the way Hot Toys treats DC properties these days. IF they do this figure we probably won't see it before 2021 and I doubt it would be very much if at all better than the Toys Era figure. It certainly won't come with three head sculpts!

Back