Statue JND Studios: Wonder Woman 1984 (Gadot) - Golden Eagle Armor 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I probably would have done that so when I woke up I just decided to blindly click buttons and bought it. I think JND are definitely going to be a sort of... against the grain company. They chose Fleck instead of Joker, Golden Armour WW instead of BvS/WW/JL, wouldn't surprise me if they did bank robber Joker instead of traditional.

Sold out at the JND website already!

Specfiction seems to be a lot more expensive, though. It's $2200 as opposed to $1899 from JND, I'm guessing that's because you get to space out the payments more?

The price doesn't seem that crazy after their ridiculous Arthur Fleck. Around what you might expect for a silicone, rooted statue.

Wish it was possible to wait and see how Arthur turns out before pre-ordering this...

Last edited:
Sold out at the JND website already!

Specfiction seems to be a lot more expensive, though. It's $2200 as opposed to $1899 from JND, I'm guessing that's because you get to space out the payments more?

SpecFic includes shipping. But I cannot imagine JND would charge more than $150 for shipping. So it still a $100 - 200 premium through SpecFic.

And there is upwards of $200 more for sales tax, depending which state you live in.

Not cheap. First world problems. [emoji23]

I ordered it through SpecFictionShop. I have till December of 2021 to pay it off!

I caved and bought through SpecFic too - my first foray into these high-end statues, basically like a home mortgage payment. :lol

I guess the tradeoff for the supposedly short shelf life of these statues is the realism.

Hopefully the production pieces lives up to the prototype. If so, I'd also like to see a another 1:3 Gal Gadot from JND in her classic WW84 outfit.

I also pre-ordered. Too gorgeous to pass on. I'm looking forward to in-hand pictures of Arthur Fleck to see if they come close to the proto with their production pieces. Based on the videos they've posted on Youtube, it seems likely. Also happy to hear they create the head and hand sculpts in-studio.

It’s odd but I didn’t see any mention of silicone in the product information?

From the video it’s obvious, but just curious why they didn’t mention it.

Oh wow, quite a few people on here who've ordered, congratulations! I think they've hit a good beat with the new price point and what they're offering. Hopefully this stays consistent, and hopefully production does come out the same quality. Of the video they showed with Arthur Fleck it's looking that way. I still want Arthur Fleck, it'd be nice having the first two statues by JND, and I'm hoping he doesn't sell out, but I really want to see for sure how it turns out.

Yeah if it's the same shipping cost as AF, I think they said to the UK it's $150 for that, so sounds like Specfic is a $250 markup or so, unless you're in USA and you get the shipping included with that price. Of course I think UK is also 20% VAT on top. So $480 on top of the price for me in the UK, that's the worst part of it.

@Sabin that's my biggest concern also. I've literally gone from Play Arts Kai in first year of uni to Hot Toys 2nd year of uni to two high end custom pieces this year, and now this statue. Stupid leaps in price, but means I'll really have to pick and chose what I want to buy/own. But JND did release a video saying it's medical grade silicone which lasts a lifetime if kept indoors, out of sunlight and relatively stable conditions. I'll trust them with it.

I thought about ordering just b/c it’s such a beautiful well done piece but just didn’t want to spend that on an outfit I don’t truly love. If they ever do a Superman, that will be tough to say no to

Oh wow, quite a few people on here who've ordered, congratulations!

I'm in a similar boat as you, action figures, then Hot Toys, then 1/4 statues, now 1/3 statues. If the production pieces match the protos then I may have found my grail line and can permanently move away from some of the other lines and scales that I collect.

Edit: Especially Hot Toys. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, given the scales, medium, and price points but I've collected Hot Toys due to their realistic likeness. If JND studios nails this then there won't be any competition.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar boat as you, action figures, then Hot Toys, then 1/4 statues, now 1/3 statues. If the production pieces match the protos then I may have found my grail line and can permanently move away from some of the other lines and scales that I collect.

Hahah, near enough exactly the same. Figures, Hot Toys 1/6, Hot Toys 1/4, Custom pieces, 1/3 high-end statues. I mean, 1/6 have to go now. Annoyingly I spend a lot of just a head, a very good head mind you, but to mix with the 1/4 Hot Toys Joker, and with JND producing one it's slightly frustrating. I didn't think there'd ever be a better one made. Hard to sell on customs, I'm going to keep it nonetheles, but I may end my collection with two 1/4 and then rest JND. I'll debate over just a couple of Hot Toys. But If I get these, it's pretty much one and done. But this really is depending on the quality of them and if I feel like the silicone really is a life time situation. Slightly annoying it's not her usual wardrobe, but such a striking piece.

I thought about ordering just b/c it?s such a beautiful well done piece but just didn?t want to spend that on an outfit I don?t truly love. If they ever do a Superman, that will be tough to say no to

Ya i was in the same boat in terms of the outfit, when i first saw it i was all set too pass because it wasn't her normal costume- but the statue is so well done and that head sculpt is just way too good to pass up. I honestly don't think they will make another version of Gal- So if you dont like busts (like me) and want this hyper real look then i would jump on this. They seem to like to do these one-off costumes or in Arthur Fleck's case street clothing. Besides the costume looks really well done, its much better then the Queen studios version. I only wish this was shown before i POd that other statue which i now have to cancel and eat the NRD.

The nrd for this at BBTs isnt too bad (its less then spec fiction) so i said **** it and po'd this *****-I know i'd be kicking myself later on if i just watched it sell out. Spec fiction is already sold out and I am sure BBTS will soon follow. if you are at all interested in this you better hurry up and decide. For me securing one now was worth the NRD, if I end up changing my mind, or getting cold feet or a better Gal statue is shown in between now and release, well i can deal with losing it.

If they do make superman, it will be his clark kent costume given thier track record thus far

It?s odd but I didn?t see any mention of silicone in the product information?

From the video it?s obvious, but just curious why they didn?t mention it.

Is this silicone material being purely used for the face sculpt? Or anywhere the skin on the character is exposed (like the hands)?

I was curious like with the Queen and Infinity Studios 1:1, nearly half of the bust is exposed with her skin - is all that silicone?

Please excuse my ignorance.

I guess if this JND statue ever deteriorates, only the head and hands would have to be replaced, whereas it is nearly a complete loss with the 1:1 busts. [emoji23]

I would expect all the skin to be silicone

Hope they make the hairline look better as it looks a little patchy at the smaller scale as it looks like the hair is the same thickness as a life size bust for example

Is this silicone material being purely used for the face sculpt? Or anywhere the skin on the character is exposed (like the hands)?

I was curious like with the Queen and Infinity Studios 1:1, nearly half of the bust is exposed with her skin - is all that silicone?

Please excuse my ignorance.

I guess if this JND statue ever deteriorates, only the head and hands would have to be replaced, whereas it is nearly a complete loss with the 1:1 busts. [emoji23]

In the Arthur Fleck video that show that all exposed skin; head, neck, and hands, are all silicone. Supposedly it’s medical grade and shouldn’t deteriorate if left in a stable indoor environment, out of direct sunlight. Even if those parts could be replaced it would be incredibly difficult to find or make replacements that match the quality of the originals.

I wonder if their use of silicone skin played a role in outfit selection for Wonder Woman. Her regular outfit has a lot of exposed skin and if they used silicone for all of it I imagine it would have been more difficult And more expensive to manufacture.

This one is moving fast. Sold out at JND and Spec Fiction now. I see 5 still available at BBTS but they’re also charging $100 more than other US retailers. Gotta cover that “$4” shipping somehow.

:ohbfrank:

This one is moving fast. Sold out at JND and Spec Fiction now. I see 5 still available at BBTS but they’re also charging $100 more than other US retailers. Gotta cover that “$4” shipping somehow.

:ohbfrank:

Yup i got that “$4” shipping, bbts will be sold out by the end of the night. Spec fiction isnt technically “sold out” they still have full prepay available for the taking but you have to be out of your mind to prepay that much in advance.

Yup i got that “$4” shipping, bbts will be sold out by the end of the night. Spec fiction isnt technically “sold out” they still have full prepay available for the taking but you have to be out of your mind to prepay that much in advance.

Spec Fiction defaults to the full pay option but you can’t actually add it to your cart or select it. It’s sold out there.

Back