JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Superman/Clark Kent will be like the JND Dark Knight duo that had both Batman/Bruce together?
Don't know yet. I think given that the bases are two different designs that it will be more like The Batman release where Batman and Bruce Wayne were two separate releases.

They gave two teases last week and usually have 3 teases altogether before the final reveal video so I imagine we'll get the reveal video later this week with PO information.

Last edited:
for the duo release, one base that is half street/manhole cover and the other half fortress.

jndbase-2.jpg%22 alt=%22jndbase-2

jndbase-1.jpg

That wouldn't preclude a separate CK release from having simply the 12" base with the manhole cover.

Since the character is being depicted as outdoors, I wonder if they'll give him a hat, or if scaling down something like that will look too cheesy and degrade the overall impression?

[...]

Since the character is being depicted as outdoors, I wonder if they'll give him a hat, or if scaling down something like that will look too cheesy and degrade the overall impression?
Arnie Kim made it look right with the hat on, so I'm sure they could too. Though, I can't remember if he had a separate hair piece for the hatted look vs hatless look

21430391_732652383599892_279035177607449194_n.jpg

19642681_691022397762891_7310327243544206276_n.jpg

19274756_682236111974853_6421793716273495484_n.jpg

Last edited:
Clark Kent is on point and arguably their best to date IMO. But something is off with Superman. The raw sculpt looks fantastic but the paint apps and hair are taking away from the likeness to me. The neck also doesn’t seem thick enough and looks a little long. Going to have to rethink this one. Might just be getting Clark if he’s offered by himself.

Another swing and a miss. What is it with JND making Superman look haggard?

Clark Kent is on point and arguably their best to date IMO. But something is off with Superman. The raw sculpt looks fantastic but the paint apps and hair are taking away from the likeness to me. The neck also doesn’t seem thick enough and looks a little long. Going to have to rethink this one. Might just be getting Clark if he’s offered by himself.

Agreed, Clark Kent is on point. Superman, not so much.

Can the hat be placed on Clark's head?

They did not display it as such in the video.

I have to echo most of the opinions. Clark turned out perfect. Superman is good but definitely room for improvement

+ Price surprised me. Its actually fair
+ Sculpted Costume! It looks great
+ Overall, I think it looks good

- Portrait feels a little off: Long neck, skin flushed, and hair looks too thick (looks more like Elvis than Superman)

- Pose: I don't like the crossed arms. I get he did that when he stopped the burglar climbing the building but I'd rather have Superman more inspirational. Even if his arms were just down it'd have been better.

I have Cavill's Superman on order and really wanted this one but I think I'm going to pass for the reasons above.

Still, with the asking price, edition size, and overall its good, this piece should sell out quickly

Back