JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
tMo53P9.jpg

Oh man! Super hyped for this! Really hope it turns out looking good b/c even though the Sideshow one isn't perfect, I've almost caved numerous times in ordering it. It would be kind of funny (though I'd still order it) if it turned out to be Superman Returns

Last edited:
They definitely are expensive items but if there’s one you absolutely want, then you just have to decide what’s more important between the JND piece or something else you might’ve ordered. I’m not rich by any means, but I knew I wanted the Cavill piece, so I had to sacrifice some other 1/6 figures to budget for it. Same will have to happen if this Reeve turns out looking good.

There’s also some ppl who gave up any other collecting to only focus only on JND items. So if you’re no longer spending ~$300 per figure, you more than likely have the money to spend on a JND piece every now and then.

I haven’t personally been “wowed” by any of these JND pieces. They don’t look bad by any means, just nothing extraordinary either. Some of these figures Inart have been putting out look more real and are 1/5 the cost.

They definitely are expensive items but if there’s one you absolutely want, then you just have to decide what’s more important between the JND piece or something else you might’ve ordered. I’m not rich by any means, but I knew I wanted the Cavill piece, so I had to sacrifice some other 1/6 figures to budget for it. Same will have to happen if this Reeve turns out looking good.

There’s also some ppl who gave up any other collecting to only focus only on JND items. So if you’re no longer spending ~$300 per figure, you more than likely have the money to spend on a JND piece every now and then.
I'm in this same boat. I only have one JND statue. It would be nice to own them all but these things aren't cheap so I gotta be more selective. If JND wouldn't have teased CR Superman during the Cavill Superman reveal, I would've PO'd the Cavill supes and would be missing out on this CR Superman but I'm so glad they did because I'd prefer CR Superman over Cavill Superman any day of the week and I love Cavill supes. I've decided only to buy JND only if they make someone in my top 5 list of characters and CR supes is one of them. I've also passed up PO'ing other statues such as PCS 1/3 TMNT Ralph and Donatello(the whole line actually), a couple of Jazzinc 1/6 vehicles and a few upcoming Hot Toys DC figures. All just for this JND CR Superman which I'm perfectly okay with😀.

They need to be seen in person to be believed really. Hardly any photos do justice. The silicone skin and the glass eyes really allow lighting and shadow to show facial features and the intricate painting in each portrait really, incredibly realistic. It's not until to see the very well proportioned body as a whole with a natural soft light hit these pieces, it's then that they truly stand out. No matter how good and realistic a 1/6 plastic head looks, it just simply does not recreate how light plays with skin the same way that silicone and glass eyes do.

Every piece I see makes me want it simply for the artistry, but I've already got three more on order and want Old Boy somehow, so got to be selective. And I'm not rich at all, I just sacrifice collecting other things and have no dependents. I'd rather have next to no other collectibles or very few in order to have a couple of these.

I'd would highly recommend, if you see your favourite character produced, take the gamble and order one, there'll be zero regrets. Even moreso now that they're quite a few pieces in, I've got their first release and their second most recent, the progress in artistry is clear to see.

I'm in this same boat. I only have one JND statue. It would be nice to own them all but these things aren't cheap so I gotta be more selective. If JND wouldn't have teased CR Superman during the Cavill Superman reveal, I would've PO'd the Cavill supes and would be missing out on this CR Superman but I'm so glad they did because I'd prefer CR Superman over Cavill Superman any day of the week and I love Cavill supes. I've decided only to buy JND only if they make someone in my top 5 list of characters and CR supes is one of them. I've also passed All just for this JND CR Superman which I'm perfectly okay with😀.
Yea, like you said "I'm perfectly fine with that" and I think that part specifically is what really matters in our personal collections whatever that means for the individual. I, too, have no problem passing on other items, regardless of scale, in order to afford something else that may be more meaningful to me. In this case, Superman is my favorite hero across the board and I have love for each interpretation and will happily get any Superman versions they make as long as I like what I see.

Similar to you though, there is a broader list that I'd stick to for JND but not many are on that list outside of Superman wants. I'd Jack Sparrow would be another, ROTLA Indiana Jones and probably a T2 T800.

Wow this looks very damn promising. JND's track record hasn't been the best, but if they actually managed to nail the likeness it will be a definite purchase.

The crazy thing is, even zooming in, I can’t tell if the suit itself is fabric or sculpted so well that it looks like fabric.

While I don't plan to get this,I'm truly happy this is happening, lot of people gonna be happy and I'm sure it will look amazing!
I hope Hot Toys re releases 1/6 or InArt makes one.

Last edited:
Back