Jiu An Studio x Virus Studio 1/6 scale : Samurai of the End of the Shogunate 末幕

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jiu An Studio x Virus Studio 1/6 scale : Samurai of the End of the Shogunate 末幕

Damn! I'm tempted. That looks really good.

Re: Jiu An Studio x Virus Studio 1/6 scale : Samurai of the End of the Shogunate 末幕

It says Virus right on their promotional images...
They are known as Viper Studios, or where known for that name. It seems they must have changed the name or miss-spelled it when promoting regardless their stuff is top notch.

I POed the PopToys before this one dropped. However depending on the cost of the rooted hair version I may get this on. The level of detail is amazing.

So I am tryi g to understand is this basicly a pop toys with better paint and head sclupt . It's not a brand new figure is it. Is the base figure is the same ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I am tryi g to understand is this basicly a pop toys with better paint and head sclupt . It's not a brand new figure is it. Is the base figure is the same ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wrong, it?s a new figure by another studio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dig more that sculpted hairsculpt than their rooted one I think. I'm undecided but if that's $100 more for the rooted version I'm out anyway

I dig more that sculpted hairsculpt than their rooted one I think. I'm undecided but if that's $100 more for the rooted version I'm out anyway
Rooted will be around $800 +. I believe that much.

Viper customs as in this one: https://www.instagram.com/viper__customs/

I recently sold some Hot Toys. I bought the 1/4 Joker from them, saw the sculpt that Jaxxon had created and joined up with Viper Customs for the paint application and hair rooting. Not going to lie, probably more happy with one expensive head sculpt that looks phenomenal over multiple Hot Toys that I'd erm and err (and did) about selling.

Really interested in this as a result!

EDIT: Just can find sculpted hair is there a rooted one?

I also thought about whether to pull the trigger on this for a whole week.

Finally plotted down my deposit. Its pricey, but definitely a museum piece. I never got the Poptoys but i do have the Pangea which is so underwhelming compared to this. The poptoys sculpt has a sad puppy face i don't dig, but the armor is legit. Looking forward to their Katsumoto (Watanabe) though.

I'm gonna phase out of HT Marvel stuff after Endgame is done. Apart from a few characters like Mantis, Okoye or Valkyrie (if they make it), maybe Angelina Jolie and Kumail Nanjiani's Eternal figures, i'm pretty much done with HT Marvel. The next phase of movies might be great but i'm not biting. That alone would free up tons of budget.

I also thought about whether to pull the trigger on this for a whole week.

Finally plotted down my deposit. Its pricey, but definitely a museum piece. I never got the Poptoys but i do have the Pangea which is so underwhelming compared to this. The poptoys sculpt has a sad puppy face i don't dig, but the armor is legit. Looking forward to their Katsumoto (Watanabe) though.

I'm gonna phase out of HT Marvel stuff after Endgame is done. Apart from a few characters like Mantis, Okoye or Valkyrie (if they make it), maybe Angelina Jolie and Kumail Nanjiani's Eternal figures, i'm pretty much done with HT Marvel. The next phase of movies might be great but i'm not biting. That alone would free up tons of budget.
But what if they introduce X-Men and Fantastic Four. Lol

Would buying a 3rd be overkill?

I already own the two previous iterations from the other 3rd parties. But each company keeps improving. Tempting to get this one now.

Viper customs as in this one: https://www.instagram.com/viper__customs/

I recently sold some Hot Toys. I bought the 1/4 Joker from them, saw the sculpt that Jaxxon had created and joined up with Viper Customs for the paint application and hair rooting. Not going to lie, probably more happy with one expensive head sculpt that looks phenomenal over multiple Hot Toys that I'd erm and err (and did) about selling.

Really interested in this as a result!

EDIT: Just can find sculpted hair is there a rooted one?

May I know how much is your viper joker sculpt pls?

May I know how much is your viper joker sculpt pls?

Around about a thousand for the 1/4 haired and rooted.

It's a lot - especially if you factor in the price of the Hot Toys Joker itself, and I'm not exactly rich or well-off. But I've bought and moved on around 85 percent of my Hot Toys, so my line of thought moved more to instead of buying various pieces which I'll inevitably sell down the line, invest in something that's incredible (I've also had my fair share to say about customs so it means quite a lot), and that supports artists and I don't mind so much.

So I think in the long run now, I'll buy form Hot Toys just the main characters I'll either have for a very long time or keep, and then invest the bulk of what would have gone into it in more expensive grail pieces. My aim is always to have as few pieces as possible.

I just hope the hair rooting lasts, I've got no experience with it. But I've got it in a pose I like and until I move somewhere else the head sculpt won't be touched at all.

Would buying a 3rd be overkill?

I already own the two previous iterations from the other 3rd parties. But each company keeps improving. Tempting to get this one now.

I don't think so. I think part of the joy of the hobby is if you really admire a figure/character why not have a few made by different companies (funds permitting, of course). Each one often has a quality that makes it unique such as tailoring or accuracy/correct proportions etc. I liked the Pangaea figure (and still do) for it's proportions which are really nice but sold it for the PopToys DX. Now I have the preorder down for the Jiu An Studio. I'm hoping it will be on the same level as the PopToys in quality.

I don't think so. I think part of the joy of the hobby is if you really admire a figure/character why not have a few made by different companies (funds permitting)? Each one often has a quality that makes it unique such as tailoring or accuracy/correct proportions etc. I liked the Pangaea figure (and still do) for it's proportions which are really nice but sold it for the PopToys DX. Now I have the preorder down for the Jiu An Studio. I'm hoping it will be on the same level as the PopToys in quality.

Same level? For that price? No no no my friend.... exceeding by a huge margin is a must. Plus, the armor is made out of copper, should be quite heavy like a Die-cast Iron Man. Expecting great things with this is release.

Cool, I'm looking forward to it and I really hope it doesn't get cancelled. The head sculpt looks really nice too.

I don't think so. I think part of the joy of the hobby is if you really admire a figure/character why not have a few made by different companies (funds permitting, of course). Each one often has a quality that makes it unique such as tailoring or accuracy/correct proportions etc. I liked the Pangaea figure (and still do) for it's proportions which are really nice but sold it for the PopToys DX. Now I have the preorder down for the Jiu An Studio. I'm hoping it will be on the same level as the PopToys in quality.

There are several collectors out there that enjoy displaying the various iterations of characters over time. Batman, Iron Man, Joker, Superman, etc. I think that is great and offers a different display aspect to one's collection. I prefer to have one iconic character in my collection (the exception for me is Iron Man; I have a million of those). I tried working on an Iron Man display that celebrates the various iterations and I couldn't get my head around it. Improvements to a collection tend to be expensive, but usually worth it

Around about a thousand for the 1/4 haired and rooted.

It's a lot - especially if you factor in the price of the Hot Toys Joker itself, and I'm not exactly rich or well-off. But I've bought and moved on around 85 percent of my Hot Toys, so my line of thought moved more to instead of buying various pieces which I'll inevitably sell down the line, invest in something that's incredible (I've also had my fair share to say about customs so it means quite a lot), and that supports artists and I don't mind so much.

So I think in the long run now, I'll buy form Hot Toys just the main characters I'll either have for a very long time or keep, and then invest the bulk of what would have gone into it in more expensive grail pieces. My aim is always to have as few pieces as possible.

I just hope the hair rooting lasts, I've got no experience with it. But I've got it in a pose I like and until I move somewhere else the head sculpt won't be touched at all.

Wow man that is a lot, shame I don?t have that much of funding permit. It?s a shame HT has gone downhill since all of its best artists had now gone. The recent head sculpt really scared me off to be honest, and the accessories are awfully little.

Back