JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings Balrog Original art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings

"Down the Road", yes but it may be a while. But if you don't keep your feet, you never know where you might be swept off to.............:lol

JV

Yeah, I figured you'ld say something like that, but I had to ask. You can't blame a guy for trying...... :lol

Thanks guys.

I'm pouring all I've got into this one! Stay tuned!

JV

Thanks guys.

I'm pouring all I've got into this one! Stay tuned!

JV

Jerry, I'm not sure if you can elaborate or not, but if so....will the Sauron print be somewhat similar to the conceptual drawing of the maquette, much like most of SS's excl. prints Or will it be more in the vein of your 'Clash of the Kings' print, one which goes nicely with the statue but is also a great stand alone piece?

Hi Woods.

It's really a bit too early to say for sure, but on this round I would like to see the actual finished SS product very close to the original design I create, although it's also nice to vary the 2-d from the 3-d somewhat, as long as they tie together thematically. Pretty vague, but that's all the info I have for now.Perhaps an "Ask SS question" will get you further : )

Take care,

JV

Hi Woods.

It's really a bit too early to say for sure, but on this round I would like to see the actual finished SS product very close to the original design I create, although it's also nice to vary the 2-d from the 3-d somewhat, as long as they tie together thematically. Pretty vague, but that's all the info I have for now.Perhaps an "Ask SS question" will get you further :)
Take care,

JV

Jerry, I've taken your advice and forwarded a question to SS. I am a bit envious however, because if the print is going to look more like the maquette, and if you've already started on the print.....then it would stand to reason you have, at the very least, been privy to the approved conceptual design. :wink1:

Hi Woods.

Glad to hear of your enthusiasm on this project : ) As I've said before, Weta Workshop did such an awesome job of creating Sauron's look for the films, that it becomes ingrained into my visual processes while reading LOTR or the Silmarillion. Stay tuned!

JV

Hi,

Just curious about the Strider and Gandalf prints. Have those been released yet, or are they upcoming?

Hi DH.

The Gandalf/Strider/Arwen/Nazgul prints are going to happen, the release dates are unknown at this time, but I will post any info about them here as well as my website once more info becomes available. I am planning to create the reproduction pieces myself,in-house, but the equipment needed to do so is very expensive, so the wait is longer than I wanted, but I like the idea of Quality Control!

Take care,

JV

Hi Woods.

Glad to hear of your enthusiasm on this project : ) As I've said before, Weta Workshop did such an awesome job of creating Sauron's look for the films, that it becomes ingrained into my visual processes while reading LOTR or the Silmarillion. Stay tuned!

JV

To tell you the truth, there hasn't been much to get enthused about the last few years, but the maquette line really seems to have resonated with LOTR collectors, and I think we're all looking forward to seeing some of the 'baddies' SS has in store for us. :)

This boy is gonna be big AND bad : )

JV

To tell you the truth, there hasn't been much to get enthused about the last few years, but the maquette line really seems to have resonated with LOTR collectors, and I think we're all looking forward to seeing some of the 'baddies' SS has in store for us. :)

It sure has helped relight fires in a lot of folks both hardcore and not so much. Its awesome!!

Jerry- Can't wait to see what you and SS have come up with as far as Sauron goes. :rock

Thanks Josh.

Relighting fires is what I'm interested in, and if not fires, then at least a little lava,embers,smoke and some hot ash blowing around :wink1:

JV

Well, with things moving maquette wise and the way your art work looks. That my friend should not be a problem. :)

Relighting fires is what I'm interested in, and if not fires, then at least a little lava,embers,smoke and some hot ash blowing around :wink1:

that wasn't a little hint as to what you might be working on was it?!

Those elements are very likely in the piece I am working on, yes! And of course, Sauron too!

JV

Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Sauron Project sneek peek

OK, I figure most of you seem interested in this Sauron business, so here is a little sneek peek. Not much, but something!

IMG_5173.jpg

JV

BTW, I am getting close to making the Antique LOTR pieces available in canvas and paper pretty soon here!!
Please forgive the terrible pic!

Looks great to me. Can't wait to see and get that with the Sauron piece and the Antique pieces.

Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Sauron Project sneek peek

OK, I figure most of you seem interested in this Sauron business, so here is a little sneek peek. Not much, but something!

IMG_5173.jpg

JV

BTW, I am getting close to making the Antique LOTR pieces available in canvas and paper pretty soon here!!
Please forgive the terrible pic!

Very nice. Thanks Jerry! Couldn't help but notice...is that a human skull to the right in the unpainted section?

Back