Jazzinc Batman BTAS 1/6 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rondesmo

Super Freak
Reaction score
IMG_4075.jpeg

I think this is going to be one of those items a lot of people "say" they want, but once they find out how large it's actually going to be, they will not get it.

Kind of like how some people wanted the Batwing, they bought it, found out it's bigger than they thought and have no space for it so have to sell it.

I think this is going to be one of those items a lot of people "say" they want, but once they find out how large it's actually going to be, they will not get it.

Kind of like how some people wanted the Batwing, they bought it, found out it's bigger than they thought and have no space for it so have to sell it.

The cancelled ordered worked out for me because I found out about the BatWing well after it released and was able to get mine through the Wait List. Shipped out yesterday but I probably won't get to mount it to the wall for a while.

As for the Batmobile, does the Mondo Batman figure articulate to a sitting position?

The Mondo figures are not the best when it comes to articulation. I know there is a 3rd party on PO that has some soft goods.

I’m going to wait and see what Joost comes up with for the specs and pricing, but I don’t see this being a large edition size. It may even be the smallest yet.

I think there are lots of people in that facebook group that vote for these things just to participate in the “popularity contest”, but they don’t have the intention and/or the means to actually make a purchase. There’s also a large number of people that have just paid big money for the 1989. Following that up with a significantly less popular vehicle is going to pull from a much smaller consumer base. Throw in a bad economy, and that doesn’t help, either.

If Joost is going to commit to this, regardless of how many preorders come in, then I’m probably in. If not, I think there’s a real chance that this gets canceled.

Time will tell.

As for the Batmobile, does the Mondo Batman figure articulate to a sitting position?

No. I wouldn't even bother buying that figure either.

I don't know what other options were there to vote for but I'm guessing it's slim pickings and/or what's left aren't that popular.

Just to echo what other people are saying, let’s see the people who voted BTAS put their money where their mouth is.

For obvious reasons, I’d much rather have seen the ‘97 Batmobile be the “next one” as it’s the next logical continuation of JazzInc cinematic Batmobiles. You got the ‘66 one, you got the BvS/JL one, you got the ‘95 one, you got the ‘89 one, makes sense to go with the ‘97. That line up would be insane, like something straight out of the WB warehouse or a Batman museum. True, it’s the least popular, it doesn’t have a 1/6 figure line to go with it (yet) but atleast it’s of a living, breathing, real world 3D design. The Animated Series Batmobile in reality is a coffin, a slab. A rectangular brick with 4 wheels. It’s so long it could never work or make turns in the real world. I think DC Animated Universe fans, the ones that are in their late 20s, 30s, early 40s overrate BTAS. Kevin Conroy is the best! Mark Hamill is the best! The BTAS Batmobile is the best! Don’t get me wrong, I love BTAS but there is definitely this sort of hive mind to that fan base, not dissimilar to the Nolan TDK Trilogy stuff.

I have the Kenner version, the DC Collectibles version, numerous Hot Wheels versions and I dunno, it just sits there on the shelf. There are no curves, there is no artistry to the thing. You can sit there and say “oh it’s cool and art deco” but it really is a box that Batman and Robin ride around in. It works in 2D animation, not in 3D. Sacrifices are always made to the design, whether to fit two seats in or what the verdict is for the actual dimensions because at the end of the day, the only real basis you have to work on and go off of is a model sheet. Lines on paper.

7D08F46B-68D0-4538-AB9D-D877ECEC4197.jpeg

Compare that to TNBA design, which IMO, is the superior looking Batmobile. Still interested in what JazzInc comes up with though. I hope people really do buy the hell out of it so even MORE Batmobile projects continue to happen, preferably this one! It would be the most challenging one yet.

2DD9B408-3567-45B1-9FEF-8D4D3C5B42B3.jpeg

IMG_4077.jpeg

Check the commentaries on Joost’s FB page.
People begin to complain because it doesn’t respect 100% the original design.
It’s gonna be a tricky project…

View attachment 689327
Check the commentaries on Joost’s FB page.
People begin to complain because it doesn’t respect 100% the original design.
It’s gonna be a tricky project…
Just goes to show the difficulties in transitioning a 2d cartoon to a real 3d object.

When Joost actually refers to the original as looking like a simple box, that pretty much takes me out.

I’m not looking for an artistic interpretation, but a real paint job, like the effort put into the 89, would go a long way towards more realism.

What scale was the DC Collectibles version? That one looked great and was less than $100.

review_dcdbatmobile_1.jpg

review_dcdbatmobile_large.jpg

DCC-Batmobile-09.jpg

DCC-Batmobile-12.jpg

I think if we’re being real Jazz is kind of running out of steam with these Bat vehicle releases. Not saying there aren’t still options but the really iconic vehicles are made or are being made.

I love Batman: The Animated Series but I don’t see the need for this release especially considering there isn’t a definitive sixth scale Batman from the series.

It would make more sense to do diorama pieces like the 66 Bat Computer, 89 Bat Computer, and the 89 armory.

What scale was the DC Collectibles version? That one looked great and was less than $100.

review_dcdbatmobile_1.jpg

review_dcdbatmobile_large.jpg

DCC-Batmobile-09.jpg

DCC-Batmobile-12.jpg
I rather Jazz just do this but scaled up to 1/6. I don't think it would be that huge. Don't need a fan model interpretation of the model. There's really no reason to make it overly complicated and raise the price.

This.
I do like the detailed model's proportions but all they'd need to do is just make it sleek. Remove the details and boom.

I think if we’re being real Jazz is kind of running out of steam with these Bat vehicle releases. Not saying there aren’t still options but the really iconic vehicles are made or are being made.

I love Batman: The Animated Series but I don’t see the need for this release especially considering there isn’t a definitive sixth scale Batman from the series.

It would make more sense to do diorama pieces like the 66 Bat Computer, 89 Bat Computer, and the 89 armory.
I’m reserving judgement until I see more pics and details. Leaning more towards yes than no.

I own the original Hot Toys 89 Batmobile and had Zero intentions to get the reissue or JazzInc., but I was convinced to double dip and spend another $1,500 after seeing more and more of the project.

Maybe because there was a direct side by side comparison, it was more distinguishable that JazzInc was superior to Hot Toys and that built FOMO. With the Animated, there is no comparison in the same scale.

Iron Studios released an Animated Batmobile in 1:10 but I passed due to the price and scale. And I own the DC Direct vehicle.

I’d also like the 89 Armory and Computer - the only problem with the latter is the looming threat that Hot Toys could release the one they teased (unlikely but I feel it could be a dark cloud over the project). I’m not sure if that factors into JazzInc’s decision - they did the Vulture still even though Hot Toys previewed theirs for several years.

Last edited:
This would be way better as a smaller vehicle. I know the others are 1/6 but this is too long

It’s one of those things with a cartoon bought to life. I’m OK with any of jazz interpretation or artist design bringing this into a realistic creation of his own. I’m OK with, because that looks freaking epic and these renders will definitely be a hell of a display and adjustment because of the size. I would certainly without a doubt order this day one. interesting enough kit has a pre-order from this third-party company S hero Batman, the animated series 6 scale figure I actually ordered one in anticipation of this vehicle announcement. FYI.

Attachments

• IMG_7402.jpeg
    IMG_7402.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
Back