Jason, Freddy and Michael Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First I have heard about this one I will have to pick it up when its released.

I like the idea of this thread but I hate to say it but it will most likely turn into a pissing contest about who is better. Maybe start an individual thread on each one ie.

The Old Myers House (All things Halloween)

Camp Blood (All things Friday)

The Boiler Room (All things Nightmare)

:lecture:lecture:lecture Horror Moderator knows best, but that's why he's the mod. :lol Although I like "Camp Crystal Lake" for Jason better. :p

Sweet, i wasnt sure if it was gonna be some lamely put together attempt at a cash in or a half decent documentary. I reckon i'll have to pick it up. I've been in a real "Jason" mood lately. Haha.

Well, it was an attempt to cash in on the old series with the press of the remake, but it was done brilliantly. They interviewed old directors, every single Jason (that was awesome), the FX guys, etc. It really is a visual feast about the behind the scenes stuff from everybody who made it. The ongoing joke about continuity (or the lack thereof) is hilarious as well. It's also not some brief 30min little thing either. It's hours long, encompassing everything from the first Friday through FvJ... which get's slammed pretty hard.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Horror Moderator knows best, but that's why he's the mod. :lol Although I like "Camp Crystal Lake" for Jason better. :p

Well, it was an attempt to cash in on the old series with the press of the remake, but it was done brilliantly. They interviewed old directors, every single Jason (that was awesome), the FX guys, etc. It really is a visual feast about the behind the scenes stuff from everybody who made it. The ongoing joke about continuity (or the lack thereof) is hilarious as well. It's also not some brief 30min little thing either. It's hours long, encompassing everything from the first Friday through FvJ... which get's slammed pretty hard.

Awesome, i actually really wanna see this now. Might have to go look for it. Actually sounds really cool. I love stuff like that.
Thanks dude.

The Nightmare version of "His Name Was Jason" called Never Sleep Again will NOT be released in stores, and you can only buy it online for 30 bucks.

However, its 2 discs, and the actual movie thing is 240 minutes long/

The Nightmare version of "His Name Was Jason" called Never Sleep Again will NOT be released in stores, and you can only buy it online for 30 bucks.

However, its 2 discs, and the actual movie thing is 240 minutes long/

Now what kind of jerk would post something like that without including a link? :thwak

Anywho, was gonn ask this in the fav Friday the 13th thread but thought this might be a good chance to try out the thread. :)
Has anyone seen His Name Was Jason and know if its any good or worth watching?

Personally I didn't think it was all that good to be perfectly honest, it was very gimmicky, and not very in depth. Almost as if it was "Friday the 13th for Dummies" if you get my meaning. Felt quite cheap too. I was disappointed personally.

If you're a Friday completist or you can pick it up for cheap, then sure, why not. But if not then you might want to see if you can try before you buy, or at least hold out for a bargain price first.

On the upside, the Never Sleep Again release, covering all the original Freddy movies looks far better, and I already have my copy on it's way to me as I type this. Hopefully that one lives up to expectations a little better, they certainly seem to have put a lot of effort into it.

You can read about that one at their website: https://www.elmstreetlegacy.com/

Hope that helps.

Personally I didn't think it was all that good to be perfectly honest, it was very gimmicky, and not very in depth. Almost as if it was "Friday the 13th for Dummies" if you get my meaning. Felt quite cheap too. I was disappointed personally.

If you're a Friday completist or you can pick it up for cheap, then sure, why not. But if not then you might want to see if you can try before you buy, or at least hold out for a bargain price first.

On the upside, the Never Sleep Again release, covering all the original Freddy movies looks far better, and I already have my copy on it's way to me as I type this. Hopefully that one lives up to expectations a little better, they certainly seem to have put a lot of effort into it.

You can read about that one at their website: https://www.elmstreetlegacy.com/

Hope that helps.

Did we watch the same documentary? I don't think they could've gotten much deeper than tracking down the original writers and even the re-writers for each. As for gimmicks, I'm hard pressed to remember any. Most of it was cast and crew sitting in chairs during the interview.

What's the point of having a massive mis-mash thread covering an enourmous scope of topics? The only thing that could come of a thread like this is missed posts and questions re-asked 400 times.

Keeping a separate topic for each, well, topic is much easier to navigate and search.

What's the point of having a massive mis-mash thread covering an enourmous scope of topics? The only thing that could come of a thread like this is missed posts and questions re-asked 400 times.

Keeping a separate topic for each, well, topic is much easier to navigate and search.

You forgot about the "who's better" pissing contests. But for the record, Jason > everything else. :nana:

I remember a Fangoria issue I had as a kid where they had a battle royal between Jason, Michael, and Leatherface it was pretty funny. It ended up with a surprise entrant with the Thing bursting out of Michael and killing everyone.:lol

I remember a Fangoria issue I had as a kid where they had a battle royal between Jason, Michael, and Leatherface it was pretty funny. It ended up with a surprise entrant with the Thing bursting out of Michael and killing everyone.:lol

:lol:rotfl:lol That's about the only way little Emo, white trash boy could win. :lol

John Carpenter's Myers wouldn't even care enough to look at those other dudes if Laurie wasn't around. Maybe if Freddy was there and took the form of rob zombie, he'd curse at him and stab him to death.

I think my money is ultimately on Jason though. Dude's a tank.

Does anybody know if Never Sleep Again is being released in the UK?

Also, i decided to go for His Name Was Jason, should come through soon. Hope its as good as people have said.

I hope so. It sounds pretty good and most people on here seem to be pretty pleased with it. Cant wait for it to come through the door now.

Back