Jango Fett Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The poses are different, though both are stepping down an incline/ramp (with the Jango one having more of the raised bent knee that I jokingly likened to captain Morgan.) The real similarity is in the basic shape of the two bases. Though I actually prefer the Jango one, it looks less cobbled together.

I don't really care about the character but I think the statue is nice, I like the Kamino feel.

Love it but with prices so out of control now I can't justify buying characters I just "like." I'd really have to LOVE them more than anything to justify spending more than $450. Boba was probably the last one I could push myself over the edge on.

I want just about every character from TFA, but if Sideshow ever picks up the pace with that line I'm going to be in for a struggle. Kylo and Phasma are easy passes because I'm planning 1:1 displays for those characters. Rey is a must and we need good versions of the original trio since none of their other PF's are particularly great. (General Leia is all I've ever needed) Other than that I could probably only bring myself to spend the money on Poe, but I'm pretty sure that's just because I'm in love with Oscar Isaac.

Same approach here, anything I don't love is a pretty easy pass. I have no interest in accumulation, a character has to mean something to me.

I understand what you mean about them picking up the pace, with those prices it would make things a bit complicated but with all the SW movies we are about to get, all the characters and their different versions (new movie = new outfit/gear in many cases), it would be nice if Sideshow could work a little faster on anything Star Wars. Only two PF's from TFA at this point, that's... terrible. Really. They should have a small team that only does Star Wars imo.

Really want Rey as well but not the TFA version, I want to wait for her to get powerful and more interesting, so I will be in once we get to Episode VIII or IX (unless her TFA PF is truly incredible). Old Luke is a must-have but I am pretty sure Sideshow will only release an Episode VIII version and will skip VII, due to the fact that his clothes most likely won't change at all, and that he will actually wield a lightsaber in VIII.

I really like how Jango compliments their Boba Fett statue! Very nice! I bet the exclusive will be either a blaster w/blast effect or the 2nd jetpack.

Wasn't it confirmed to be the jetpack or am I imagining things again?

Wasn't it confirmed to be the jetpack or am I imagining things again?

She said the jet pack was the EX. However that could be the Kamino or Geonosis jet pack as they were different. Or it could have the flames shooting out.

I think it looks cool but I don't love the character at all. I'm hopeful we'll see a Rey PF at SDCC. My collection is only must haves and not just things that are cool but I have no love for them. My only Star Wars PF's on PO are Vader and Kylo but will order Rey on the first day she's available.

She said the jet pack was the EX. However that could be the Kamino or Geonosis jet pack as they were different. Or it could have the flames shooting out.

I think it looks cool but I don't love the character at all. I'm hopeful we'll see a Rey PF at SDCC. My collection is only must haves and not just things that are cool but I have no love for them. My only Star Wars PF's on PO are Vader and Kylo but will order Rey on the first day she's available.

I suppose "must haves" is a way of saying in two words what I tried to say in a paragraph haha.

But yeah, Rey is on that list for me too. I honestly think they might just wait for Episode 8 or 9 to do her because no matter what direction they take the statue there will be people disappointed. Of course the image of her walking the desert with her staff is iconic, but a lot of people would want her with the lightsaber as an option which would mean a Starkiller Base...base...I guess. They might wait for a movie with a single definitive image of her before they make their PF for what is now the main character in the biggest film franchise of all time -- a portrayal with universal appeal.

Just a thought though. As I said, with my Kylo and Phasma displays being in other scales the only musts for me are Rey and the original trio. The issue with Star Wars is that it's really always been an ensemble cast. Even though there's typically one jedi at the center the stories are about relationships, be they familial or romantic or anything else, and no single character tends to dominate when it comes to screen time. So having just Rey, for example, would not represent The Force Awakens to me in my collection in the way, say, a statue of Ripley would encapsulate the story of the Alien franchise. It has to be every piece of the puzzle from Rey on down. Even to the small, often inconsequential characters like Maz and Hux -- because they still have such big personalities and visual impact. Hell, even the creatures and background characters in Star Wars are so important to the aesthetic you have to include them too. No one is buying a stormptrooper PF because there's a great character behind it. (Well, except Daniel Craig of course) I feel like I need all these pieces to complete my puzzle, which is why I've often bought characters I like but don't love unconditionally because to me the display is greater than the sum of its parts. unfortunately the new price points are hurting my ability to hold that attitude.

I'm trying to find cheaper ways to include all these new characters in my collection. Obviously certain characters will get the high end treatment like I mentioned but others will have to settle for less. I'm thinking maybe some posters or art prints for the likes of Finn and Maz. I said I'd get Poe too, but now I'm thinking if I did that I would never look at the rest of my collection. :inlove

I must admit that's a very intelligent (and costly) approach SwiftC. I admire the dedication.

I'm a bit more childish. I only care about "elite" characters, and most of the time they have to be Force-sensitive. That's why I will never ever own a Stormtrooper-related piece for example. A random soldier who can't aim? No thanks. I know they are incredibly iconic, way more than most Jedi or Sith, but I just can't bring myself to care enough to spend the money.
Now a Death Trooper PF? Maybe, we'll see if they really are that good in Rogue One. Love the look, that's for sure.

Personally, even if I loved the introduction to Rey on Jakku, I would much rather have a PF with the clothes she's wearing when she meets Luke, or whatever she'll be wearing in VIII (probably the same thing). I want a strong representation of the character rather than one where she didn't understand her powers yet or was barely learning to use them. I know, that's weird.
Also, let's see if Luke makes her build a new lightsaber or not. The one she has for now isn't really hers and a proper Jedi knows how to build one. It would be nice to see the subject truly covered in a movie, it's barely touched upon in that deleted scene from ROTJ, that's it...

I only focus on high end pieces (mostly PF's and high end replicas) so that's a constraint, can't get everything when each one costs at the very least $400 nowadays.

Pretty sure I will get Kylo but I am waiting for the 10% code to work for that statue, since I would like to get the EX (won't display it with the EX but still, worth it for future value). However there is no doubt that Kylo will evolve looks-wise in VIII. He has the scar now, also left his helmet on Starkiller Base, and he is probably going to need a lightsaber that works properly. Not to mention the physical changes that follow a proper immersion into the dark side.
Regarding Vader, I will simply wait for in-hand pics/vids, given the ES and the lack of EX, I can just get one here in Europe from a retailer/eBay, it will be available for a long time undoubtedly.

preview_300149_JangoFettPF.jpg

This looks nice but we need other characters first. I really want an ESB Han PF. Or even an updated version.

I think this looks great and wouldn't mind displaying it with my Boba Fett but just don't have the space. IMO it would have made more sense to debut this maybe a year or so after Boba sold out and not while the Reg is still available. If I was only able to have one or the other Boba would be my first choice but if I had missed out on it at retail I would have been more likely to pick up Jango.

I think this looks great and wouldn't mind displaying it with my Boba Fett but just don't have the space. IMO it would have made more sense to debut this maybe a year or so after Boba sold out and not while the Reg is still available.

From a business standpoint, of course you want the Boba PF still available when you showcase this. Judging from this thread, the assumption that most people will want to compliment their ESB Fett's with this one is definitely a selling point.

People see this will be ~1 year away, and they can get the current Boba statue right now and be more than ready by the time this guy gets released.

..and when it gets a good discount a year after that.

I do think it looks nice though but with PF prices, hard to justify for me.

Wow... I think SS is being lazy AF. I was really looking forward to this character and expected something along the lines of XM's Boba (especially based upon the preview picture of him "flying"), but this is thoroughly underwhelming.

I appreciate some collectors who enjoy symmetry with their companion pieces (to each their own), but I prefer a unique story. That's why I like the Mythos line so much. However, SS makes Jango and Boba feel so generic :(

Loving this piece.. A great companion piece to boba pf. And since its meant to be a companion, let me see the companion price [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving this piece.. A great companion piece to boba pf. And since its meant to be a companion, let me see the companion price [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it should be like that...but why do I have the feeling SSC gonna piss us all off again...

Back