JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom JAMES BOND THREAD

So you're saying I shouldn't get rid of my Dreamworks clothing set and Kuoworks holster then? :)

Well. The simple opinion of the one sixth kit is - avoid.

The eleven head is massive and doesn't really look like Craig. Something we already know. I had never seen one in hand but having done so now this just confirms what I thought about the eleven sculpt in pictures. Not good enough.

The shirt. This must be the smallest shirt I've seen at this scale. I had to pull and stretch to get it over my body. So much so to the point that the stitching has come out in the front. It has also stained my rubber body after being on there for 3 minutes. (Took it off as didn't want to ruin it any further.) which I am gutted about as it was my favourite body.

The shoes are the usual Cheap basic moulded pieces of plastic. I wouldn't put these on a ken doll. Especially when there are the likes of DID shoes out there that look better than 1:1 shoes.

The watch and ppk are the same. Cheap.

The shoulder holster is basic, just cut leather. It lacks the finishing aspect I have seen on other examples of this look I have seen in 1:6 scale. But it's not the worst part of the set.

Maybe some one will have more luck than I have with this set, but my opinion is, this was obviously cheap at £38 and I have kept that in mind but - you can tell. If you want to kitbash this look for a spectre bond figure at a high standard then look elsewhere.

sorry to hear that it was that bad for you. in pictures it looks like i nice set, but that eleven sculpt will always keep me away from anything where its included. Ive always known that sculpt was crap just from looking at pics of it. Ive even tried to warn others about it, but theres only so much a comment can do. Hopefully no one else will waste their money on this set.

So you're saying I shouldn't get rid of my Dreamworks clothing set and Kuoworks holster then? :)
:lol yes. That's if yours looks good, of course.

Can I see yours please? Any links to pictures? It may have been the quality kitbash I was talking about in my initial post.

Mine's still in my parts box, but here's a photo from Aaron Kwok (Dreamworks guy).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153672361542910&set=gm.1681500308728777&type=3&theater

12241317_10153672361542910_4625939737142297699_n.jpg

Thanks Platty... a bummer but I guess for 50 bucks we can expect that right? I got it mostly for the head. The black box ski suit stained his chin so I needed a new head

Agreed that this is not the best head in the world but of the mass market offerings it's the best and ny custom shades look good on it and the only real reason ehy I have a ski suit spectre Craig as ny second Craig is because that black box outfit was ****ing stellar. Come to think of it I think that was fifty too.
Anyways I plan to see if I can cover up the bit of the outfit that touches his ski with black athletic tape to avoid more staining.

Rule of thumb, if it's cheap, and it's black, then it's going to stain. Even the more expensive black clothing from known manufacturers can stain. I have Game of Death suits from Enterbay on 2 bodies that it would stain the heck out of. You have to soak the clothing in water for quite a while to get rid of the excess dye. I haven't taken them off to check, but, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there still was some staining.

If, like this Bond sweater, the majority of the body will be covered, I'd wrap the body very carefully in clingflim so as to avoid the fabric touching the body. Or you could be like Platty and not bother, which could be a good option anyway.

Ok, definitely glad I checked in here first, because I was seriously tempted to get that new one sixth kit as well. I think I could probably live with the simple looking holster, but if the head is way too big and turtleneck way too tight, then that kind of makes it a dealbreaker unfortunately.

Shame too, because the set looks pretty decent in those pics.

I don't think it's that bad. Though the holster is cheap. I washed the shirt in case there's any ink on it and put it on the figure wet to prevent tearing as it's tight.
396425a6f5c298cb16aa6091a0f650d3.jpg
87d9edd6b4a291af43b8acf1011ad0d4.jpg

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Any chance we could see a head size comparison with another figure? It does look pretty oversized there, but not sure how much of that is just lens distortion...

I think it's the tight shirt that makes the head look large.
93b39468d8cdc851a71de7cf0e98fbd5.jpg
09fd916ce30c1e605a59217159de9422.jpg

That's generally how it comes. I haven't bothered to push it down and futz with it yet.

Mmm, the SSC Indy is a pinhead anyway, so he doesn't help much. The DC head does look really big in other shots I've seen of this set. Maybe it would look better with more layers like a tux or a suit. I don't think it's that good a likeness anyway. The new Blackbox head is the most promising one we've seen.

Just got the set in. The head appears smaller than the original release (doesn't have that puffy look) and has a much better paint application and is not too dark like the first was. The shirt, watch and gun are crap but the rest is workable. Since I only bought it for the head, pants and shoulder holster the rest doesn't matter to me. I wanted those pieces in order to finish a Spectre look with my Modern Life head. I'll kitbash the eleven head with a different look.

Back