JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom JAMES BOND THREAD

You do wonder though if Kato et al trade on their name a bit when it comes to price.

I don't wonder that at all. The guy is super talented and in demand. BUT... Once you've made anything that takes a significant investment of time, energy and talent, you'll appreciate your efforts and realize that some of the prices we see in the custom 1/6 world (true custom, not knock-off mass-produced ****) are not only reasonable, but a steal.

I wouldn't make someone a single part of that set for $50. OK, maybe the gun or the watch as those can be easily cast.

17159096_1333459313383915_1716034634837692460_o.jpg

17155334_1333459513383895_6903286674031069551_n.jpg

17191158_1333458810050632_614251522243399215_n.jpg

Imo this sculpt is the closest likeness to dc

mine is on the way. I'll let you all know what it's like in hand. I'm not expecting greatness as the holster looks cheap compare to others I've seen. But it's a cool set none the less. especially for the price

:clap

Very curious. It is a cool set -- everything but the body basically for $52 shipped. You can make a great little figure for $70 total. Not bad at all.

Well, the real question is: why would you want "Spectre" represented in a Bond collection? But that opens a whole can of preference worms.

Fact is: Craig looks cools in that get-up. Little 1/6th Craig must look cool too.

Some of his best looks came out of spectre a movie I truly enjoy.
I have the winter ski suit set up got this for the hell of it would get the white tux maybe but honesty black box toys are crap quality.

What I really want it's the day of the dead look.

I have the winter ski suit set up got this for the hell of it would get the white tux maybe but honesty black box toys are crap quality.

What do you mean by "day of the dead look"?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

that would be one of the coolest looks on the shelf

Well. The simple opinion of the one sixth kit is - avoid.

The eleven head is massive and doesn't really look like Craig. Something we already know. I had never seen one in hand but having done so now this just confirms what I thought about the eleven sculpt in pictures. Not good enough.

The shirt. This must be the smallest shirt I've seen at this scale. I had to pull and stretch to get it over my body. So much so to the point that the stitching has come out in the front. It has also stained my rubber body after being on there for 3 minutes. (Took it off as didn't want to ruin it any further.) which I am gutted about as it was my favourite body.

The shoes are the usual Cheap basic moulded pieces of plastic. I wouldn't put these on a ken doll. Especially when there are the likes of DID shoes out there that look better than 1:1 shoes.

The watch and ppk are the same. Cheap.

The shoulder holster is basic, just cut leather. It lacks the finishing aspect I have seen on other examples of this look I have seen in 1:6 scale. But it's not the worst part of the set.

Maybe some one will have more luck than I have with this set, but my opinion is, this was obviously cheap at £38 and I have kept that in mind but - you can tell. If you want to kitbash this look for a spectre bond figure at a high standard then look elsewhere.

Well. The simple opinion of the one sixth kit is - avoid.

The eleven head is massive and doesn't really look like Craig. Something we already know. I had never seen one in hand but having done so now this just confirms what I thought about the eleven sculpt in pictures. Not good enough.

The shirt. This must be the smallest shirt I've seen at this scale. I had to pull and stretch to get it over my body. So much so to the point that the stitching has come out in the front. It has also stained my rubber body after being on there for 3 minutes. (Took it off as didn't want to ruin it any further.) which I am gutted about as it was my favourite body.

The shoes are the usual Cheap basic moulded pieces of plastic. I wouldn't put these on a ken doll. Especially when there are the likes of DID shoes out there that look better than 1:1 shoes.

The watch and ppk are the same. Cheap.

The shoulder holster is basic, just cut leather. It lacks the finishing aspect I have seen on other examples of this look I have seen in 1:6 scale. But it's not the worst part of the set.

Maybe some one will have more luck than I have with this set, but my opinion is, this was obviously cheap at £38 and I have kept that in mind but - you can tell. If you want to kitbash this look for a spectre bond figure at a high standard then look elsewhere.

Back