JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

I agree that until the sculpts are seen painted we should reserve our judgement. From what I've seen so far the sculpt looks as I expected them to. Please don't anybody forget that Rocco also provided all rendered images with these sculpts to view as well. :)

To quote Miss Case from DAF "This whole thing is getting a little out of hand!" :lol

Last edited:

The photos Owl just posted aren't overlayed and seem to show both the initial render and print looking wider than the final cast.

The casts and renders look identical to me. Only a pic of the print next to a cast will solve it for those who think there is a problem. Casts will be slightly smaller obviously, but I don't feel these have a warping uneven casting issue.

Casts to me always look slim when they are pale white. I get used to them like that and when they're painted it takes me a bit to get used to it as they seem to get wider.

Of course, none of that is happening, its a just a trick of the eye -- made worse by photographs.

Sculpts look fine to me, especially after seeing TheOwl's shot of the Connery sculpts side-by-side. Now if Moore is noticeably smaller, then that may be an issue.

The casts and renders look identical to me.

It was easy to verify that the photo Thomas took shows some distortion as Raymond described, but it may all be in the photo, so I'll defer to your assessment of the cast in-hand because I don't have mine yet. :)

Thomas' photo showing side-x-side with BBKill's is also shot with the head tilted forward/down a bit compared to the render and 3D print photos.

Last edited:

I don't know guys, I think the heads look great. I'm asking my guy to snap pics of the casting and print, since he still has both, and we'll see if the molds were to tight when casting (sometimes that happens, but not often). After seeing pic on the body of Yunsils suit it looks freaking awesome! Remember light castings also give an impression of smaller, once painted they'll look wider. Lets give a few painters a chance to finish up and share.

By the way, I posted pics with and without photos dropped behind my work, because I was asked too, when showing the heads, not trying to "trick" anyone, if you feel its nefarious in anyway, thats not the intent.

To everyone dropping me private messages who love the heads, thank you so much for the support its much appreciated! God bless!

12486084_1058579167527624_4974637899918762277_o.jpg

Have you also Connery, Jake?Maybe some same level pic as Moore's on Rotstain or Goldfinger suit?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

my mold maker says just a .5 mm change from the originals:

12509234_1058608250858049_6796655205040620992_n.jpg

12509355_1058608064191401_6751337430110365524_n.jpg

It would appear that the sky isn't falling after all. LOL

The sculpts looks great to me, always going to look different depending on what camera is used to take pics, and that suit looks fantastic Jacob! Looking forward to seeing some of these painted soon and hopefully will do the Moore sculpt myself soon

That certainly could be used for Diamonds are Forever, just need to get the hair painted right with greying at the temples.

Bond nuts !

I think Rocco Moore script is going to be awesome
To put everyone at ease , here is an idea what Moore
Would look like with a paint job

This one is one of my Bond from " Figure master Les W "

Wow, really love that Connery head. As great as it was otherwise, my main issue with the bbkill was just that it was too darn wide for Connery, but this narrower one looks much more accurate to me.

Back