JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Is anyone interested in the Black Box Guess Me Daniel Craig coming out?
I just saw it and it looks the best of the unlicensed ones so far!

I keep forgetting about that, I'd have to see in hand pics before I could make my mind up. The HS looks a lot like the Eleven and could even be a recast.

Is anyone interested in the Black Box Guess Me Daniel Craig coming out?
I just saw it and it looks the best of the unlicensed ones so far!

i think that one looks to baggy, i think the best one coming out is the one that comes with the overcoat from spectre. looks nicely tailored.

That's the same figure with a different wardrobe as far as I know. Was there any hint as to a release date?

Modern life amazing Craig hs painted by Jd kim
image.jpg

It is nice, IF you want to pay the same price as a boxed HT figure for a painted head! Personally, I wouldn't, but, well, if you have the money to burn guys, knock yourselves out...

IMO when it comes to Daniel Craig sculpts, the tendencies are to go to one of two extremes, to either exaggerate his facial features and end up with a caricature, or to idealize him like how a marketing artist would do for a movie poster. However, I think the Eleven sculpt fairly captures Daniel Craig's likeness, "as is" without going to those extremes and for the roughly $35 that I paid for on eBay which included free shipping, it was the best value purchase I've made recently.

If the Guess Me doesn't deliver I'll give up on a Bond figure and stick with my Connery model kit.

I don't get the love of the Modern Life sculpt. Kudos to those that like it but I similar to what Superdo says, it's a bit exaggerated in his facial features. I think a sculpted neck might help it out. Neck-less his head looks squished

If the Guess Me doesn't deliver I'll give up on a Bond figure and stick with my Connery model kit.

Connery is a fun one. I finished painting my Rocco sculpt. Pretty happy how it came out and will post pics of it soon. Still need to commission a Goldfinger suit for him though.

Last edited:

I think a lot of people liked it when it was going to be the same price as the original Henry Cavill sculpt, but, I think the love faded after the whole Conan thing and hasn't returned much now it's priced way out of anyone's budget for a head.

I think a lot of people liked it when it was going to be the same price as the original Henry Cavill sculpt, but, I think the love faded after the whole Conan thing and hasn't returned much now it's priced way out of anyone's budget for a head.

true. A lot of stuff looks better when it's cheaper. I just bought a couple of the DCC Superman: Man of Steel Artist statues b/c some were almost 70% off

IMO when it comes to Daniel Craig sculpts, the tendencies are to go to one of two extremes, to either exaggerate his facial features and end up with a caricature, or to idealize him like how a marketing artist would do for a movie poster. However, I think the Eleven sculpt fairly captures Daniel Craig's likeness, "as is" without going to those extremes and for the roughly $35 that I paid for on eBay which included free shipping, it was the best value purchase I've made recently.

You bought the Eleven sculpt recently? I've been looking for one and haven't seen anything on Ebay.

You bought the Eleven sculpt recently? I've been looking for one and haven't seen anything on Ebay.

The one I got was up for "buy-it-now" in mid-April. But like you at the time I started looking, none were available, then a couple of sellers suddenly had them in multiple quantities and they were around for a relatively long time before I actually bought mine (around 3 weeks or more before that). So, it looks like they're made in batches, become available and then dry up until the next batches go back on the market.

The eBay seller was "seanpual" and I paid $33.99 that included free shipping, though he later jacked up the price to $38.99:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131779735507

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes peeled, hopefully a few more pop up. I wish I'd bought this when it was $30 shipped, but I stalled around and missed out.

Have you got my p.m., WhoaltsJBot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back