Jake Lloyd...10 years since Ep.1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jake Lloyd 10 Years After EP1

I've gotta say, i've met him at a couple of signings. He's not the cute little kid he used to be anymore though, he's a bit of an ugly bastard now. lol

Bastard? WTF is wrong with you?

it's pretty unfair that jake lloyd got so much flak for kid anakin.

the blame should lie squarely on the delusional, misguided, egomaniacal shoulders of mr. george lucas.

Seems like an ok guy... too bad his acting skills were terrible.

Are you really criticizing the acting skills of a toddler? You must have been pulling your hair out at the lack of any real emoting in the Huggies commercials. "Be the diaper" no wait, "Pee the diaper"

The Phantom Menace is what it is. 10 years is a heck of a long time to be harboring bitterness about a movie. We've gotten some great SW flicks from Lucas and some not so great ones. For better or for worse without TPM we wouldn't have ROTS (which is right up there with the OT IMO.)

You really think that Episode I killed his career ? I think he was such a bad actor in this movie. It almost killed the whole movie for me. Did you watch the
supplemental Material for Episode I on the DVD ? He couldn´t even repeat simple lines he was told to. George Lucas did many things wrong on the Star Wars prequels and casting this Kid is one of them.

He is to the Star Was saga what Sophia Coppola's acting is to the Godfather saga.

Each of them ruined their respective movies

Are you really criticizing the acting skills of a toddler? You must have been pulling your hair out at the lack of any real emoting in the Huggies commercials. "Be the diaper" no wait, "Pee the diaper"

I wouldn't consider a 10 year old a "toddler" but I there are a lot of kid actors who are 100x better than him.

I wouldn't consider a 10 year old a "toddler" but I there are a lot of kid actors who are 100x better than him.

Lets remember that it was George who fed him the lines. George Lucas also had some of the best actors available to him and even they manage to be stiff and wooden.

I think its funny that some of you guys expected more from a 10 year old. :rolleyes:

I personally feel that we should have been introduced to Anakin as a teenager, who really cares what he did as a ten year old? Lucas seems to have this fascination of children heroes, I remember the Young Indiana Jones episodes with Indy as a little boy were unwatchable.

He actually had just turned 10 a couple of months before the film was released, so he was 9 during the actual filming. And yeah, anybody who blames a 9 year old kid for sucking as an actor is an idiot. It's Lucas's fault for casting him and/or not knowing how to direct him.

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a HUGE international casting call/tryout for the part? It was down to 3 or 4 actors and the Lucas choose Lloyd.

I will echo the sentiment that Lloyd acted as instructed. Any criticism should definitely be directed at the director.

He actually had just turned 10 a couple of months before the film was released, so he was 9 during the actual filming. And yeah, anybody who blames a 9 year old kid for sucking as an actor is an idiot. It's Lucas's fault for casting him and/or not knowing how to direct him.

Yes, its Lucas's fault for casting him... because he can't act.

Yipppeee! Another Lucas-Star Wars bashing thread! :rolleyes:

After what Lloyd went though following Episode One dealing with people with the attitude like many posting in this thread, I'm surprised he would even talk to any reporter about it....

Allright,Close that thread, this guy is an ugly Bastard .And an arrogant Bastard too.

I think he is a better actor than, that Hayden guy he really suck balls. It was pain full watching one of the great’s villains being played by a total Dusch

Back