Jack the Ripper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
history channel did a whole expose.
you know when you write a letter on a piece of paper you will pass dna through saliva. through skin that rubs off on the paper. i didn't know we have forensic doctors here to say it is not possible.
look it up on the history channel or there website.
i am just defending myself. not being nasty..
i cannot tell you what letter it was.i am only reporting what i watched. they did not have stamps like we have today. but who says the person did not lick or do whatever to it when they folded it or i don't know. i just know people were not dumb in 1880 to the 1890's.
there could be dna transfer.

For those who are actually interested in Ripper lore there was a fantastic piece on the History channel the other night where a detective of 26 years working homicides in NY studied the case and made an extremely convincing case for solving the whole thing. Ed Norris was the detectives name...................Larry

For those who are actually interested in Ripper lore there was a fantastic piece on the History channel the other night where a detective of 26 years working homicides in NY studied the case and made an extremely convincing case for solving the whole thing. Ed Norris was the detectives name...................Larry

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

It would've been easier to trace a stamp bought than a generic stamp in a Post Office with many customers, given that everybody already knew where the killings were taking place.
Jack may have been crazier than an outhouse rat but he wasn't stupid. He wouldn't have bought the stamps anywhere near where the murders took place. And back then they had no DNA so he wouldn't have been scared to include his saliva on the stamp. Police work was very crude in those days. Basically they had to catch you in the act. Detective work had barely begun its baby steps by the time the Ripper case was going cold. It's unfortunate that somebody from Scotland Yard's archives stole the "From Hell" letter so long ago because if we had it now we could possibly find a DNA link to someone who was perhaps related to the Ripper.

Contrary to what you told Pixletwin, I'd love for the mystery to get solved. That's the game, isn't it? To solve the puzzle. Dozens of authors have tried but they just can't all agree.

that's interesting. Do you happen to recall the name of the episode, i want to see if it's upcoming.

I would NOT be interested in collecting a real-life serial killer memorabilia. Fictional killers like Jason and Freddy are cool in my book (anti-hero)...but actual killers don't fly with me.

I think at the very least, jack the Ripper was likely more than one person. How possible is that?

I think at the very least, jack the Ripper was likely more than one person. How possible is that?

Very possible. I think he must have had help to get him around the city so fast after the murders took place. I hate to parallel that awful Johnny Depp movie but he probably did have a coachman. That's what I think anyway. Don't quote me.

I want to say something along the lines of "History's Unsolved Mysteries" but I don't know if that's right.

Ah! There's the cool MST3K guy who had the Jack the Ripper figure I saw in his collection! :D

EDIT: WTF? He disappeared!

Yeah I think that was it! Yeah it was because it sounded like a rip off of MonsterQuest which is a pretty lame show.

There was also a more recent piece on Jack called Jack the Ripper in America. This was on the Discovery Channel. Don't know if it was good as I haven't seen it yet.

Back