Jack Sparrow Customization Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my two Jacks, a combination of both HT and Enterbay :>

kbFgM.jpg

uRta8.jpg

bX1yk.jpg

Viezure: is the Sparrow I the right for the stranded on the island look from COTBP??

Enterbay made a Captain Jack Sparrow? Oh, and your title is missing the "Captain."
It's not Enterbay's alone. Ppl tend to call it "the ENTERBAY one" b/c the sculpt, hands and paint are by ENTERBAY (which are arguably the best parts of this figure), but it's an Ultimate Unison or UU figure that is made by both Medicom and Enterbay. Usually medicom does the clothes and accessories for theses figures while ENTERBAY does the sculpt work.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Curse of the Black Pearl

photo3_zpsb67aec2e-1_zps4d4119e2.jpg

SAM_3121_zpsa424959a-1_zps6f314a9d.jpg

SAM_3122_zps25b8edab-1_zps864bb3aa.jpg

SAM_3123_zpsa7d76ea1-1_zps32e03e66.jpg

SAM_3119_zps0e2d7ed5-1_zps754ca098.jpg

SAM_3127_zps59e97b8a-1_zps1e2379b0.jpg

SAM_3152_zps05b4da1a-1_zpsea1a1fd8.jpg

SAM_3153_zps61717994-1_zps6c9b0694.jpg

Breakdown:

Sculpt:
UU Jack Sparrow-Fabric bandana darkened; dreads trimmed/deleted/repostioned; hair repainted dark brown/black; COTBP beads added some from Medi Sparrow; Beads repainted; real fabric added to ends of 3 dreads and braid on right side of face

Clothing:
Jacket-UU Jack Sparrow with real buttons hand sewn from DX Sparrow coat and repainted black

Shirt-UU Sparrow

Waistcoat- Front plain blue from Medicom Sparrow sewn together with back of UU Sparrow waistcoat

Sash-UU Sparrow

Pants-Made them myself and found proper stud like buttons to add at the knee

Belt-Leather part from DX Sparrow with repainted medicom buckle added along with extra holes punched and re cut curved end to a point.

Baldric(Chest Belt)-DX Sparrow baldric turned inside, painted black and retailored for this figure. Chest Buckle sculpted from scratch by me.

Boots- DX Sparrow

Black Wristcloth- DX Sparrow

Accessories:
Compass-Modified and repainted Medi compass

Sword and Sheath- DX Sparrow with sheath weathered

Hat- UU Sparrow

Pistol-DX Sparrow

Body:
Medicom body with ankles modified for HT balljoints. Left hands from Enterbay GOD Bruce Lee with black spot painted. Forearms were textured with tattoo and 'P' (from whitekite) added to right arm

Last edited:
rubber chest from dx jack body? is is hard to compitable for dc direct body ?

Amazingly epic. I love it.

Amazing job Gipetto, all the TLC shows through!

Nice Work!
Thank you guys! Really was a labor of love. Now I just have to get rid of all the extra Sparrow parts I have :lol

It would've been up sooner but I've been working on at least 3 customs at one time so it's taken awhile.

rubber chest from dx jack body? is is hard to compitable for dc direct body ?
DX Jack Sparrow has no rubber chest, only the UU Jack Sparrow

Gipetto, i wanna aske you, have you darkened his eyes? They seem almost black in your pictures.

Using witekite's custom made bandana
( https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107678 ), the plastic one on my Hot Toys custom was starting to look a bit silly. My UU custom just had so many things that made it look more 'real' and I wanted to upgrade my HT custom. I took witekite's bandana, dipped it in a red dye to deepen the overall red and color the back (which comes white).
First I just tied it around the head to get an idea...and I really liked what it added:
G-1.jpg

F-1.jpg

Liking that, I removed the Bone Beads, tied the bandana around the head, brushing superglue in various non-visible spots. I added the beads from the original Medicom head by heating it up, carefully shaving them off with an e-xacto knife.
The Bandana makes the head look slightly larger as do the replacement hands (Enterbay), giving Jack an overall better look (proportionally). the hands are a slightly different shade, more noticeable in the pics than in person. The Hot Toys hands were so freakishly large, which really shown if the coat wasn't being used.
I (also) darkened up his hair a bit, leaving it the original length. I just didn't want to cut the nice hair sculpt.
H.jpg

N.jpg

I.jpg

K.jpg

M.jpg

Nb.jpg

Na.jpg

Very impressive. Quick question, though -- are the EB hands on your custom attached to the HT wrist joints, or to the EB wrists?

Back