Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anticipating the parody "Jack Reacharound - Always go back" now :lol

But yeah loved the first and looking forward to this. You guys reminded me of when I read 'The Davinci Code'. I always pictured a Harrison Ford or Richard Gere in their prime type for the role instead we got......

tom-hanks-da-vinci-code.png

Almost made the movie unwatchable for me because he was so far away from the character in the book.

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I'm a big Robert Ludlum and Stephen Hunter fan, and did not care for the casting or character direction of both Damon as Bourne and Wahlberg as Bob Lee Swagger.

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I'm a big Robert Ludlum and Stephen Hunter fan, and did not care for the casting or character direction of both Damon as Bourne and Wahlberg as Bob Lee Swagger.

C'mere you

animation4.gif

We'll get through this :1-1: at least we'll always have the books

The Bourne trilogy is one of my favorite series of books. At first I wasn't sold on Damon's casting but since the movies are so different from the books I've really grown to enjoy him as the character and treat the movies as a separate entity from the books.

After the well done and very good first flick, Never Go Back was very meh. This one didn't have the traits of Jack Reacher. He doesn't have any witty comebacks and gets his ass kicked.

I think they should have adapted Killing Floor or Gone Tomorrow would be better stories to adapt.

It's very disappointing to see all these mediocre/bad reviews for the movie. The first one was just such a solid piece of work. Too bad they weren't able to replicate the experience again.

I actually quite enjoyed this movie...
There were certainly things that i feel could have been done better; such as Reacher's ability to find the link/understand the clue that noone else can, and the sub-plot about why he may be the father and the motives of Harkniss (or whatever his name was). Overall though I thought the 3 main character's were well acted, and while still being an interesting action/investigation movie it gave us things that you dont normally get in those movies

Wow that was quite lame.
Story felt like a tv movie, bad guy (low rent Hugh Jackman/Coldplay singer on steroid) had no charisma, the dysfunctional family angle was embarrassing, action wise it sucked ass (where did the money go?).
Cruise well he's Cruise.
What kept me entertained was his Wig and hair that kept changing from scene to scene.
The funniest being that fight in a hangar where he suddenly has an afro.
Damn what a let down after the very good first one.
Edward zwick really suck sometimes really...

Back