Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indeed, and the left arm looks so much better,....what sort of paints do you use, if I may ask, Mikey!?
Humbrol!? Tamyia!?
rc

Well after a long, long wait.... Dorgmal Snow has a brand new friend..... bring on the dios

jabba-1.jpg

I've been wanting to repaint Jabba for a while, and I was inspired by Customikey to finally give it a try.

The Sideshow Jabba is actually painted pretty well from the factory (aside from the eyes), but it always bothered me that it's the wrong color. The ROTJ Jabba is an orange and green color scheme, not tan and green. I kind of wonder if Lucas hasn't decided that Jabba is supposed to be this color, since the CGI ones and most of the toys and statues seem closer to it than the actual movie look.

Anyway, kudos to the people who sculpted this Jabba. It's simply a fantastic sculpt and hands down the best Jabba ever made in any format.

ss_jabba_repaint1.jpg

ss_jabba_repaint2.jpg

ss_jabba_repaint4.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really good man :rock The muck around his mouth is particularly nice... looks more like I remember from the film :rock

Do you have a Gammorean for your set up yet? I'd suggest repainting one of the Hasbro ones, would look great with your set-up :duff

I've had a Gammorean guard on my painting table forever, but I never seem to get to it. Now that Sideshow has announced theirs I may just use that. I can't help but think that the Hasbro version is too big.

I've had a Gammorean guard on my painting table forever, but I never seem to get to it. Now that Sideshow has announced theirs I may just use that. I can't help but think that the Hasbro version is too big.

I'll most likely keep mine and get the Sideshow version as well... I don't think the Hasbro is too big (height seems good) but he might be a bit too fat.

gammyj.jpg

And with the rest of the set-up:
(forgive the angle as it does make him look too big :lol)
cch.jpg

great job on jabba icruise.............makes me want to have a go at mine.

when you get around to repainting the gammy def show it. i agree with GB really adds to the throne set up. here's a rework of my repaint. i had him too green the first time but dulled him down with some white pastel.
GAMRPT1.jpg

You really should. It was actually considerably easier than I thought. When I did my dead Taun-Taun custom, the painting seemed to take forever for some reason (maybe because I just wasn't used to panting anything remotely that big). But I finished off Jabba in about a day and a half.

I did prime him white first. Witness the rarely seen albino Hutt of Hoth.

ss_jabba_repaint5.jpg

That is a really nice Jabba repaint, you should do the Hasbro gammy any way, whos says they have to be the same size anyway, they're not clones :p

when you get around to repainting the gammy def show it. i agree with GB really adds to the throne set up. here's a rework of my repaint. i had him too green the first time but dulled him down with some white pastel.
GAMRPT1.jpg

Nice work Barryo :rock Looking good :duff

Back