j. Simons Custom Statue and Bust painting Fun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-A-Tron

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to custom work on statues but I've been illustrating and designing a long time. Here's a peek at my current project, a Zombie bust from Quarantine Studios WIP

FranklinZombieWIP1.jpg

I like the blood splattered skulls on Franklin looking forward to seeing Pigo.I think You should try putting real hair on Pigo he'd be SicK! :cool:

Looking good so far like the colors on Pigo. Hope you don't' mind me asking but how did you do the texturing on him.

Looking good so far like the colors on Pigo. Hope you don't' mind me asking but how did you do the texturing on him.
The skin texturing was one layer of air brushed midnight blue, then sporadic sections of air brushed sky blue and finally using a q-tip with small amounts of white paint and dabbing the head with it, in some sections i did it twice so that the white faded in and out and the blues showed through more in some spots and less or not at all in others.

Quick update on Pigo, not a crazy amount done as I want to make sure all the details are correct on him. He's definitely more challenging than the last paint up but very fun. I was looking forward to working on him over the long weekend but my work lamp burnt out and since it uses specialty bulbs I have to wait for the order to come in.

Pigo update.jpg

I do believe once he's done I may open myself up to out side work from forum members, if so I'll post in the services area and do custom painting/touch ups and minor repairs in between personal projects.

Thanks for the info,Pigo Looks like he came out great. Say I hope you don't' mind but what kind of primer do you use,it looks nice and smooth.

Alrighty, After a week of not painting I got sick yesterday and didn't think i was going to get anything done, but after 14 hours in a Nyquil induced haze I pulled myself out of bed and said I must be semi-productive. So after all that I give you Pigo, The Zombie Clown paints completed.

PigoFinished1 SM.jpg
PigoFinished2 SM.jpg
PigoFinished3 SM.jpg
PigoFinished4 SM.jpg
PigoFinished5 SM.jpg
PigoFinished6 SM.jpg
PigoFinished7 SM.jpg
PigoFinished8 SM.jpg
PigoFinished9 SM.jpg

Also, as I said in a previous post I will be opening myself up to custom work you can find my thread for that in the Custom Services Forum. My next personal Custom project is a Translucent Nosferatu Bust from Quarantine Studios. He needs a little sanding and then primer but I should be starting him shortly.

Nosferatu1 SM.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Pigo came out sick man I still think you should try putting some hair on him, :cool:
maybe his hat will fit better too.That Nosferatu looks very cool I'm sure he will come out great.

Pigo came out sick man I still think you should try putting some hair on him, :cool:
maybe his hat will fit better too.That Nosferatu looks very cool I'm sure he will come out great.
Thank you. I may grab another Pigo in the near future and try the hair. They made a limited run of unpainted pieces but I believe some are still available and hes a blast to paint. I could do a different color scheme as well.

Thanks for checking out my work!

My Nosferatu Bust is done with paint but I do believe I may try to find some sort of base for him and possibly customize that. I'm going to take a trip to an arts and crafts store and see if I can maybe turn some sort of object into the base. We'll see how that goes.
NosferatuFin1 SM.jpg

I do have a couple cutomizations coming up but I'll keep them a surprise until I have everything ready.
I also plan to take some better pictures of all my customs, maybe not on my art table :lol

Thanks for looking!

Man Josh that Nosferatu came out wicked,and GL Looks great I like the metallic green. :rock

Back