Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are factors why I think it's wrong. First if your gonna copy someone else's work at least give homepage to the original piece by calling it a replica of the original J Scott Campbell piece. Stating materials and paint used are not of the quality of the original piece. But a likeness. The point I'm making is there is no mention of it anywhere. So I do agree that this is theft of someone's creation to make a quick profit made by a company nobody has even heard of. Second! I do believe that yes it adds to the potential of new collectors, but not the main focal point of doing so! We have all seen in a few instances how it pisses people off seeing replicas so close to the original you can only tell by the tags! I would hate to see that happen to this area. I saw it then saw others selling it by the dozen.

sadly that brand is pickingup ,Crazy toys is being sold here by some people and getting some sales,, but considering how much each SS statues cost to ship to India, around 700$ ,, thats basically the average monthly wage of an average indian,,they have no option but settle for these cheap options to quench their thirst for having some collectibles...
when I started collecting back in 2008-2009, there were about 5-6 collectors i knew in India who had SS products,(a county with 1 billion population),,now there are several groups and most of the teens back from 2008 have their own income and into comic action figures , the numbers have risend considerable,,, Higher end collectibles are still some time away,, but Koto,, DC collectibles and marvel action figures have made their way into the Indian market

Sorry guys I wasn't staking any moral position. Just maybe a way for people to feel less anger about recasts and look at it with a different perspective. I'm actually in the creative industry myself and I've learned to subscribe to the idea that.
A. There is no such thing as a completely original idea.
B. Almost everything is an evolution of or combination of something else.
C. If you have a good idea or an amazing work of art, which is technically an expression of yourself, if you've earned enough of it or in a utopian non-monetarism society, you would want it to be shared or spread as wide as possible.
D. The value of creativity is not diminished by but rather increased by more awareness from the general public. In this case maybe a few more fans for JSC.
Just thoughts.

Sorry guys I wasn't staking any moral position. Just maybe a way for people to feel less anger about recasts and look at it with a different perspective. I'm actually in the creative industry myself and I've learned to subscribe to the idea that.
A. There is no such thing as a completely original idea.
B. Almost everything is an evolution of or combination of something else.
C. If you have a good idea or an amazing work of art, which is technically an expression of yourself, if you've earned enough of it or in a utopian non-monetarism society, you would want it to be shared or spread as wide as possible.
D. The value of creativity is not diminished by but rather increased by more awareness from the general public. In this case maybe a few more fans for JSC.
Just thoughts.

Thanks for clearing things up entrari. I don't get the "learning" to subscribe to a theory such as this. The society we live in with such a sense of entitlement. Pirated music and movies, media, plagiarism, theft in their most basic forms. Taking "liberties" little by little have caused those in the creative industries to convince themselves or accept what is going on as something different that what it really is. Has this kind of behavior been going on for thousands of years? Absolutely. Does it continue to tear at the moral fabric of us whom are law abiding you bet and probably always will. Anyway, I see your perspective in the matter, its just a sad situation.
A. This I buy.
B. This I can also buy.
C. Just ask for permission. Is that so hard?
D. Of course it drums up some new fans here and there, but its still theft at the end of the day if permission isn't sought. I frankly believe it's prob a very minuscule number of new "fans" anyway. I'd love to hear JSC opinion on the matter.

I wonder who actually owns the copyright on this. The artist or SS? My view is SS bought the right to produce but copyright belongs to the artist?

I wonder who actually owns the copyright on this. The artist or SS? My view is SS bought the right to produce but copyright belongs to the artist?

I believe that's correct. The copyright goes to the artists then sideshow gets the rights to produce and sell it. They also get the rights to sell the exclusive on top of that. It would be interesting to know what they think about the situation even though I think it's a very small sector this is happening too

I would imagine that it's work for hire, which Sideshow owns the rights

Yeah this is probably an old school contract. Artists don't usually own the copyright to their work unless that explicitly spelled out in their contract. It is how Mark Bagley's Spiderman art can be put on like 10 000 000 differetnt licensed products and he isn't a mulit millionaire.

I guess it's never too late to own some amazing J Scott Campbell corner in the house. :yess::rock:love

C3gDCiVWYAATDli.jpg:large

I guess it's never too late to own some amazing J Scott Campbell corner in the house. :yess::rock:love

C3gDCiVWYAATDli.jpg:large

I totally love these pieces! They got ripped off with dodgy replicas but I still love them none the less. And all 3 of these look more authentic too own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally! This collection is awesome! They are so representative of JSC's artwork that I had to have these in my collection!

Back