Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife asked me why I bought the same statue but smaller (i.e. she thinks it's the same as the comiquette). My dog is not impressed with it. I think it fits well with other 1/4 scale statues.

Okay... So dumb thing to notice, BUT why can we see the magnets on this one??? Arent they usually burried?? I don't have any pieces where I can see them. Makes it kind of look like a garage kit.

My wife asked me why I bought the same statue but smaller (i.e. she thinks it's the same as the comiquette). My dog is not impressed with it. I think it fits well with other 1/4 scale statues.

So what is more annoying... The fact that she noticed... Or the fact that she is kinda sorta right....lol

Okay... So dumb thing to notice, BUT why can we see the magnets on this one??? Arent they usually burried?? I don't have any pieces where I can see them. Makes it kind of look like a garage kit.

usually they are just painted

The magnets in the arms on my punisher, the paint chipped away awhile ago
doesn't bother me personally since not shown, remove and place on and repeat enough times, most magnets will chip through the paint.

usually they are just painted

The magnets in the arms on my punisher, the paint chipped away awhile ago
doesn't bother me personally since not shown, remove and place on and repeat enough times, most magnets will chip through the paint.
Thanks Spazzy... Good to know

sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. I've had several statues where you can see them if the statue is taken apart.
Does it matter? Not really for the look of the statue, but it makes them so much easer to replace if one is accidentally placed the wrong way.

sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. I've had several statues where you can see them if the statue is taken apart.
Does it matter? Not really for the look of the statue, but it makes them so much easer to replace if one is accidentally placed the wrong way.

Thanks Took I was just wondering

The fact that she knows nothing about statues and made that comment just shows how similar they are lol

Lol Dude....lol

laughing.gif

I think the change to the sculpt and black wash process hurt this more than the paint change. The carved web lines and black wash makes it impossible to get the overall smooth, cartoony feel and crisp web lines on the proto. If the sculpt wasn't changed and they only changed the red color, it'd be noticeable but not nearly the big deal it is now.

Aside from QC issues the good ones still look good, just not what was shown. A change this huge should have been notified to customers before shipping... I think back to the Droids PFs when emails went out alerting customers the statues are ABS and not Polystone... when they changed Psylocke's head sculpts an email went out and site pics were replaced before shipping... And even though Batman suffered the pit situation, the updated Bat symbol still was shown at Cons prior to shipping. Some type of notice should have went out for this as well.

PS
When I was in my back-collecting phase I picked up a Spider-Man Legendary Scale Bust. I knew from pics that the web lines were carved in but when I finally got it the box showed the statue with raised web lines... SS didn't even change the picture of the prototype on the box to represent the final product inside! Seems Spidey is just a victim to this type of thing...

That's just being picky for the sake of it.
Who cares? They're not on display :slap

Very strong exposed magnets over weak ones.

That's just being picky for the sake of it.
Who cares? They're not on display :slap

Very strong exposed magnets over weak ones.

I wasn't being picky m8. I was legitimately curious about the difference. I had only seen magnets put in like that on garage kits and customs. So I thought. Would ask.

The funny thing is, the lines on MJ are raised and yet on Spidey they are carved.

LOL.... Yeah that is totally true....lol

Back