Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My EX converted also. I'm not sure I really want to go through all the hastle of selling the Reg though for a display I wont use.

My only other thought is to keep both and do a black.

Got my replacement body and EX head yesterday. Everything looks great on the replacement. Really just cannot imagine how my first body and head even was allowed the ship given the way it looked.

Now I have to destroy the original. I may let the kids take a whack at it. They'll get a kick out of that.

Ok, here are my thoughts on my Spidey statue #571/1750.
Opening the box I wasn't wowed by this piece I was more worried about getting one with little to no QC issues. I guess I can't complain about my one compared to some others here. You guys can be the judge.

Ok on with the pics.

Not sure if I'm going to ask for a new reg head and arm. There is some form of bubbling on Spidey's wrist and reg head has paint bleed around the eyes.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
May have spoken too soon about my replacement. After putting him on the base I now have the dreaded "floating foot". The original body I had fit like a glove and was totally flush. I'll just live with it due to the vastly superior paint job on the new one.

Guy's you have to be sensible with the QC complaints. I'm as critical as the next guy but two 0.5mm splashes of black paint is not a QC issue. There's a few of them in this thread. Unless the statue has a few chips or the main parts have really visible defects , have a think.

These are still mass produced items. There will always be minor differences.

Guy's you have to be sensible with the QC complaints. I'm as critical as the next guy but two 0.5mm splashes of black paint it not a QC issue. There's a few of them in this thread. Unless the statue has a few chips or the main parts have really visible defects , have a think.

These are still mass produced items. There will always be minor differences.

I get what you are saying Solar, but there are a lot of floating foot and paint bubbles and messy paint jobs in this thread. This piece had the potential to be an AWESOME Spiderman statue. Now it is just another QC failure. I would say it is on pat with just about any of SSC previous embarassements.

I get what you are saying Solar, but there are a lot of floating foot and paint bubbles and messy paint jobs in this thread. This piece had the potential to be an AWESOME Spiderman statue. Now it is just another QC failure. I would say it is on pat with just about any of SSC previous embarassements.

It's tough to quantify that. I have a perfect one sitting on my display and as for numbers this is a very high edition and we get a small snap shot.

Look at the Batman PF. Universally hated and loved at the same time.

People seem to think that the Freaks represent the entire ES of statues. When in reality its a handful out of thousands.

It's tough to quantify that. I have a perfect one sitting on my display and as for numbers this is a very high edition and we get a small snap shot.

Look at the Batman PF. Universally hated and loved at the same time.

People seem to think that the Freaks represent the entire ES of statues. When in reality its a handful out of thousands.

It may be a small slice, but I would call it a representative sample.

Yes it was.

Did not mean any insult by saying I sold it... It was just not the piece for me... I have many reasons why I don't care for it but have been respectful not posting them.

None taken. Just saying glad you sold it.

Oh... I read it as more of a snide "good for you" :)

Like I said, Not the piece for me... But I can see why many would love it... It also goes great with MJ and GS.

Sorry, was in hurry and didn't follow it with a smiley or hi five:wink1::hi5:

I only just find out about this figure and I absolutely love it. It is a bit outside of my budget but I've been selling some stuff lately so that might make it possible. I've entered the waiting list but am not too hopeful about it.

As I am new to this, is there any indications as to how long the MJ figure will be in stock for? I need to sell some more stuff I don't use anymore to get her aswell. But I am guessing it is best to start with this one.

Back