Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this stage I think it's pretty clear... Reg or nothing.

He can always pick up an EX off ebay for probably $100 more right after he's released. Not worth it IMO. That smirk only works with women involved. It doesn't work with any male Marvel heroes or villains.

Displayed alone would still give a cool alternate display. I think your dismissing the EX too easily. Up against another male heros I get it but outside of that there is a few places I believe.

Not realizing that the EX was also available for waitlist, so I ought for the REG version. Today, I had my REG converted from waitlist to available to buy.

What are the changes that I can get the EX if I were to cancel my REG now and put myself on the waitlist for the EX? I'm afraid that I might lose the opportunity to get either one.

As well, the REG will be charged tomorrow, so I have only today to make the decision.

Just do what I did, put myself on both lists, if your EX converts sell your REG to fund the EX.

When something sells out you are pretty much guaranteed your money back at a minimum and waitlists can clear months after a products release due to flex payers and the like.

EX editions are cool and all that but don't let the "sold out" deter you, I have had pretty much every EX I've went on a list for convert at some stage, especially if you get in before the statue is released. There's always someone that's got to give something up.

Remember you're in a position where you have a statue that might be completely sold out both versions.

1. I can't see the value of the Reg rising enough to get your money back while covering postage and fees.
2. The Ex convinced me I needed this. Adds so much more to the display potential even if it's not used all the time.
3. Jumping on the Ex WL this late, with the Reg also sold on WL, has gotta be a pointless move.
No harm in trying but don't hold your breath.

Shipping tomorrow... :yess:

Really appreciated of your feedback, guys.

Filip269, I do have MJ, but won't be getting Gwen. I'm still not sure about Black Cat until I can see some pics. You do have a point about him next to other Marvel pieces. The half-masked won't match at all.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough funds to get both version. And like Collectorcol says, the REG might not go up enough to cover the fees, etc.

I will stick with the REG.

Thanks all.

My last flex was on the 5th and still haven't received shipping notification but they just told me in chat it will go out between today and Friday.

Displayed alone would still give a cool alternate display. I think your dismissing the EX too easily. Up against another male heros I get it but outside of that there is a few places I believe.

For me personally, I do dismiss the EX. I would never display it and it would just sit in the box if I PO'd it. Even as a stand alone piece, I don't want Spidey with his mask half up and a smirk on his face. It just looks ridiculous to me unless you add the ladies. In my mind, they are the reason for his smirk. Again, this is just my personal opinion. I know that there are peeps that don't share it. Peeps that bought the EX will obviously have him displayed whichever way they want. I'm just not a fan of the COH.

For me personally, I do dismiss the EX. I would never display it and it would just sit in the box if I PO'd it. Even as a stand alone piece, I don't want Spidey with his mask half up and a smirk on his face. It just looks ridiculous to me unless you add the ladies. In my mind, they are the reason for his smirk. Again, this is just my personal opinion. I know that there are peeps that don't share it. Peeps that bought the EX will obviously have him displayed whichever way they want. I'm just not a fan of the COH.

Fair enough bro. :hi5:

He can't be smirking at his foe just before evading them and snaring in his web?

Was he attacked by a foe while he was eating a sandwich for lunch? What possible reason would Pete have battling a foe with his mask half up? In any event, I would think he'd only be smirking (with his mask on) if he were battling Stilt Man or the Beetle. It would have to be a lame ass villain in order to get a smirk out of Peter. I know Pete cracks jokes during quite a few of his fights. However, I have never seen him smirking during battle because he's always had his mask on.

Again, none of this is a big deal. The option to display him with either head is there for anyone that PO'd the EX. If I did PO this piece, I also would have purchased the EX. However, the EX COH would have just stayed in the box. I would have stuck with the masked face personally.

He's on a building out of reach...

Eating a burger while on battle break :lol

My display will work. Venom will be the other side of my TV with Spidey smirking At him :)
'Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!'

He's on a building out of reach...

Eating a burger while on battle break :lol

My display will work. Venom will be the other side of my TV with Spidey smirking At him :)
'Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!'

That's cool. Nothing wrong with that if you think it looks good. I'm really looking forward to in hand pics. If the paint apps on this COM look as good as they did on MJ and Gwen, he's going to look great.

Back