J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't read any posts in the last few pages cause I didn't want anything spoiled. Going to see this either today or tomorrow. I hope it doesn't let me down like IM3. For those that saw it in 3d, is it worth it or should I stick with 2d?? Was this shot with 3d cameras or post converted??

I think post converted, that being said...I thought this was one of the best uses of 3D as of late...just my opinion though. I usually think 3D is a waste except for of course Avatar, and other movies that are actually filmed in 3D

i really enjoyed this. that person who gave the review who works and gives reviews for a living clearly doesn't know jack @@@@ about movies..i had read that view before going and i was blown away about how creative it was yes it borrowed from a previous movie but this holds it's own.i am more a star wars fan then star trek...But these 2 movies were good..meaning the previous and this one..

The 3D was well worth it. I haven't bothered to see a movie in 3D in ages, but I'm glad I saw this one. Though my next viewing will be in 2D.

Can I go back to your post for a second?

had read that view before going and i was blown away about how creative it was yes it borrowed from a previous movie but this holds it's own.i am more a star wars fan then star trek...But these 2 movies were good..meaning the previous and this one..

There you go. Devin is a huge Trekkie.. So of course he's going to go all nerd rage on a film that doesn't adhere to his needs.

You aren't a fan of Star Trek. So the Star Trek film that doesn't feel like Star Trek is going to be a plus to you.

The whole argument of only Trek newbies liking this doesn't work. There are plenty of lifelong Trekkies(ers) that like the new movies.

This movie is AWESOME!!!!! I think I didn't expect it to be that great, I truly enjoyed it, Benedict was sooooooo badass

:goodpost: I loved the film. To be honest, I didn't even notice the lens flares. I'll have to watch it a second (third?) time to see if they're as blatant as people say they are. :lol

I don't mind them, but theres a scene where its panning across the ship and theres a desk light and the flare remains stable as the camera panned, it would have looked weird in any movie imo, its not like I was looking for them or counting them. :lol

Now that is a true summer blockbuster ! WOW

doing my review tomorrow.

I love how it continues so perfect from the first movie.

The cast, the crew, set pieces, special effects (WOW) The bad guy etc..

Perfect film.

10/10 for me.

Back