J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely loved this movie, was brilliantly done and as soon as we got home I put Star Trek II Wrath of Khan on for old times sake, still as charming as ever :D

J J Abrams did a wonderful job, best movie experience so far this year for me.

:goodpost:

I did the same but I watched the classic episode Space Seed from TOS before TWOK. Great episode!

Such a shame Hot Toys can not give us some figures from this movie.

Or from the original series... next generation.. I don't get it! There must be millions of fans out there who would buy Star Trek collectibles. Hot Toys would make a good profit on making ST figures, IMO.

Is the license even up for negatiations to HT? ST gives license to alot of weird companies. (Still boggled over them going Kreo over Lego) :dunno

It's the licensing people over at Paramount, I don't think they really care about Star Trek merchandise quality just as long as it's mainstream and they can make a ton of money from it.

While an accomplished action movie I was hugely disappointed with the lame duck captain. The action is pretty relentless with little time for the story to breath. Cumberbatch is excellent, probably the best villain we have seen in STrek movies. The charm from the first movie is not there either. The biggest problem I have with the movie is its treatment of Kirk. Pines was excellent in the first movie but he acts like a spoilt brat and headless chicken in this one. Given that he has been Captain for some time now we did not need to see sub immaturity in the second outing. It looks like we will have to wait for the third movie to see the tactical genius that is Kirk. As an action movie I'd give this 8/10. As a Star Trek movie 5/10.

Obviously your opinion, but i couldn't disagree more, and its almost as if you saw a different movie.

The whole point of the movie for Kirk is his conflict over doing what is morally right and what the rules dictate, and the character portrays this very well.

Where was his tactical genius?

The movie is a role reversal
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Are you ****ing kidding me?! Definitely waiting for blu ray on this one.

How about we see the film first...I just hope it's better than dissapointing IM3

People have seen the film. In the UK, Australia and now some screenings in the U.S.

I wasnt talking about them...most here I'm sure havent yet...Europe and lots worldwide gave it ok reviews...But I dont take them too seriously because the vast majority of the world are not really ST fans

Back