I've just broken my EX Sentinel #1!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owch man, I'm really sorry to hear it. There's nothing worse than when you break an expensive statue. I really feel for you!

My Kiani Lava statue arrived last Friday from Aspenstore. It cost me $480 + $60 for shipping and I got hit for $112 customs. It only has an editon size of 300.

I was putting it back in its box on Friday evening for safe keeping until I get my cabinet sorted and it slipped from my hand and hit the wooden desk.

Lets just say the lava doesn't spray as high anymore and the meaning of split ends and broken strands for hair will have a different meaning for me.

My sincere condolences!

Ouch . . that hurts as well . . .

I hope both of you can fix them . . .

An experienced model builder/painter can fix this for you. You'll never be able to tell it was broken. Do some googling for kit building. Saul Alvarez is a name that immediately comes to mind.

Sorry to hear about the break!

Next.. don't put collectables near your bed! Your 30 yrsold.. you should be able to afford to put them somewhere else safe.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. You may want to try repairing it yourself. Some repairs are surprisingly easy. Recently the glue holding the magnets on my Wolverine EX head failed and the head smashed against the ground. The head had numerous chunks broken off and chips. The magnet was easy enough to reattach using epoxy but I thought the head was a writeoff. I tried buying another head but no luck so I thought I would just have to used the masked head. As a final ditch effort I decided to try repairing the Ex head. I epoxyed on the big broken pieces and then bought a slab of DAS air drying modeling clay. I filled in the missing chunks and remolded some of the edges and finally added some streaks to match the hair. A quick coat of black paint and it looked amazing good. I have zero experience fixing statues and didn't really expect much but I was quite surprised.

WOW, and I thought I was having a bad day.
I hate to do this, but please post pics.

worthless.gif

that sucks...this is why I wouldn't pay $1,000 or more on statues. It's too fragile.

Man, I feel your pain. I accidently broke the saber off my PF Vader while dusting some picture frame near it. I kick myself everytime I see.

I have no room you see, plus I had my original Vs dio sitting exactly where this one is.....after seeing the new Indy and getting my replacement Black Cat, yesterday was going so smoothly.

I've pm'd you Ick, maybe you can help. If it comes to it I'll just sell of the 3 dios and just stay in the PF/Comiquette areas.....far less trouble.

If you have no room, i can't imagine you giving up the dios for PFs which are twice the size.

Here is a Bowen Colossus I repainted for a buddy of mine, I didn't touch the costume, I just redid the body area. this is an after and before pic.
195772636.jpg

Hey Al,

So sorry this happened mate :sick, I know how excited you were to get this grail of yours finally in your collection.
Hopefully he can be fully restored to his former(and possibly also Chrome) glory.

Let us know how you get on with it.
Take care

Shell
x :duff :wave

Back