It's time for the People's Picks and Poppies voting!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's a late one tonight - I always forget just how much work setting up the Poppies/People's Picks voting ballot is! But it's all done now, and it's time for the voting - the 135 Poppies Judges (who are the ones that developed the nominations in each category) are doing their voting over the next couple weeks, but you get your chance too. You can vote in the People's Picks, which uses the identical ballot. You'll find it here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_peoplespicks_2010.htm

If you have any questions, let me know - and thanks for participating!

Michael
MWC

49603356.jpg

I join Josh in his opinion! And I hope to see the variety!

I know that the Pop Culture Shock Street Fighter statues don't get reviewed often (if ever), but I think the Zangief and Guile 1/4 mixed media statues deserved some love in the statue category. Otherwise looking forward to seeing the results.

Voted!

I would suggest breaking the busts into a high and low end category. A lot of difference between a $1250 1:1 Vader and $50 1/6 Kreacher :lol

It is really nice to see Character Options work on Doctor Who included this year. As far as I'm am concerned, they are the Hot Toys of 5 inch toy making. Every sculpt is superior and most of the paint jobs are top notch for the scale.

I just bought one of the R/C Dalek's for my niece (an Xmas gift) it looks badass... and from the on-line reviews looks like an awesome R/C toy :rock :rock :rock

It would be cool to see a company like that tackle SW or one of the other lines that's been done to death by less innovative companies.

Voted. Some figures didn't get the nomination, but it's all cool! :)

I saw on HT's FB page they were asking their fans to vote for them. :lol

Companies actually value these awards. That's the coolest part about these IMO.

I was a little disappointed that none of the three Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles released this past year made it into the best statue or best overall line categories. While I understand that some omissions are necessary, there were three released! They would have easily garnered my vote in both categories as well.

hot toys should have had their own paint section because they're paint beats just about everybody's. shoulda been between which hot toys figure has the best paint job.

hot toys should have had their own paint section because they're paint beats just about everybody's. shoulda been between which hot toys figure has the best paint job.

Hot Toys' presence does make the whole thing quite unfair. Nobody can compete with them. Hopefully, by the time people get tired of Hot Toys sweeping the awards, some other company will step up and give them a run for their money. It looks like DiD is heading in that direction. A lot of their recent figures have the same ultra-realistic paint that Hot Toys is doing.

Back