Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I this line dies. It will be the end of me buying from Sideshow. I have given up every other line I was collecting in order to meet the price hikes. Bought the variant figures. Pre-ordered every exclusive since storm shadow. Suffered though the long waiting periods. all to find myself still with no Snow Job, Destro, Scrap Iron, or Gung Ho.

If this line dies, I am done with SideShow.

Me to, in all SS has done nothing but disappoint this year unless you love Marvel statues.

Customer service has gotten worse, no more online events, newsletter issues, barely any previews or PO', no more Q&A's. IDK, think SS might be facing some troubling times....

Me to, in all SS has done nothing but disappoint this year unless you love Marvel statues.

Customer service has gotten worse, no more online events, newsletter issues, barely any previews or PO', no more Q&A's. IDK, think SS might be facing some troubling times....
--

Really?

Perhaps Sideshow is feeling the economic pinch like the companies?

There is only a finite number of items a company can produce to for a finite number of collectors to buy initially when released; however, if excess stock still lingers without being sold, then it's liquidated, etc. and ends up at a loss, etc.

For 2013 . . . we'll probably see fewer production numbers and higher prices that will obviously cause some collectors to call it day . . . and that is before we even get to quality and if the offering is worth it.

I think so too! more and more product sits "in stock"...

An amazing 12" Zartan still sitting abundantly around in the warehouse to go with the 5,000 produced Snake Eyes that people are hesitant to buy...

Sideshow used to tease us with video's (example-Hawk,Zartan) Now we get nothing...

No REAL updates other than their own Wishlists of figures (from podcasts) of what they want to do (but will take years to make)

Prices are higher and ARE going to get higher, which is causing more people to pick and choose or bail out all together..

Hot Toys is competition! More people spending on their product vs buying their stuff

I hope none of this is true,but it sure seems that way,

You mean like giving us Bludd on preorder, showing Baroness at SDCC and sneak-peeking Destro concept art? :lol

yes at SDCC they showed us Bludd and Baroness as they should of....but when are these being released??? A year later after reveal :rotfl

Bludd finally went up for pre-order while Baroness is uncertain at this point :lol

Destro's hidden little sketch on a paper calendar doesn't really count :rotfl

and Everything else has just been talk and wishlists from Sideshow that could take YEARS to get to...by then,HIGHER PRICES and less interest leading to the end of the line

Too lazy to search now, but way back when the Viper was first released and people were wondering how to attached the plate carriers to the Viper's tactical vest, someone from Sideshow (Sideshow VIP? Sideshow Q when he was working for them?) showing another configuration of the vest, and saying that it was for an upcoming figure. Some surmised it would be for Commando Snake Eyes, but I don't think the rig he ended up coming with was the same as the one shown by the Sideshow poster.

And to Teemu's point, the line has lost some momentum. Was it in early 2012 or 2011, where there were like sick consecutive weeks that we got news about upcoming Joe products? All us Joe fans were excited back then.

EDIT: Found the post. I was mistaken, it wasn't a sneak peek (Ski, no Sneak Peek pictures) of someone's gear, but something that we "might be seeing down the road".

Hey guys! We're working on instructions on how to weave the MOLLE Straps to be put up on the Sideshow Website soon. We're a little slammed here as we work toward the end of the year. Thanks for your patience!

Also, I saw there were some concerns about the buckles on the ends of the Magazine Pouch and wanted to address those. First off, this isn't a QC issue. No straps are missing from the figure and all of those buckles should be female buckles. The Cobra Viper's Plate Carrier was based off a real-world example. These buckles are used in an alternate configuration which we hope to use on future releases.

Here's a sneak peak of the alternate configuration to give you a taste of what you might be seeing down the road. Again, this configuration is NOT used on the Cobra Viper.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hope this clears up some confusion! :wave

Last edited:
They need to release another army builder that can have variants. :lol

:exactly:

I don't mind a crap load of cobra troopers, officers, vipers; they're all uniformed and crap but I would like some of them to have a specific MOS like support, communications, demolitions, grenadiers, whatever.

Back