Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just make them look cool as hell and I'm good.
In the case of wacky looking characters like Destro, Copperhead, and the Dreadnoks, I don't even need that! Just allow them to maintain the spirit of the original characters as based on the toys, cartoon, and/or comics, and I'm good (the more card-art accurate, the better in most cases). If I only wanted "cool" toys, I would have the Hot Toys James Dean figures.

In the case of wacky looking characters like Destro, Copperhead, and the Dreadnoks, I don't even need that! Just allow them to maintain the spirit of the original characters as based on the toys, cartoon, and/or comics, and I'm good (the more card-art accurate, the better in most cases). If I only wanted "cool" toys, I would have the Hot Toys James Dean figures.

james dean figures. not cool. just gay. and wanda sykes can kiss my ass. :lol

I agree on the outrageous characters. they don't need an upgrade on "coolness" for me to want them.

Special Forces aka Green Berets, are on a completely different level than Rangers, and not to take anything away from Rangers, but most consider Ranger School a stepping stone to Special Forces. Usually Airborne, then Ranger School, then Special Forces which requires considerably more schooling and training on top of what's learned in the previous two.

And I guess, therein lies the difference. I didn't take my Joes at merely face value. :huh

You know this as an adult but as a child, at least to me, I didn't give a flying ____. White dude, beret, shotgun=Falcon and Flint. I never put too much thought into who was a Ranger, Green Beret, etc... They were all GI Joe to me.... Stop thinking like a rational adult and break out your inter 8 year old. :lol:pfft:

Thanks for the military training info though. Always wondered how that worked. :rock

Well, I don't know what this is referencing, but though James Dean is no Lee Marvin or Charles Bronson (i.e., bad-ass), he was the definition of cool for a generation of people. Cobra Commander is not that.

Was that the first time in the history of man that James Dean was compared to Cobra Commander? I dunno about you but I'm willing to say yes. :lol

Rox will wins forever!! hahaha Who is your team?

RE: James Dean. He may have been cool, but figures of him...not so much (IMHO).

James dean figures are not "cool" at all for me sorry. When I say make them cool I mean real world but with the heart of those things you mentioned.

I guess my own perspective is that none of the things we discuss on this site are "cool" at all. Usually quite the opposite. But if I were to try to define something as cool, it would probably be a collectible referencing "cool" subject matter. 80s cartoons aren't those things, IMO. Neither are sci-fi movies or funny books. Maybe Conan.

I guess my own perspective is that none of the things we discuss on this site are "cool" at all. Usually quite the opposite. But if I were to try to define something as cool, it would probably be a collectible referencing "cool" subject matter. 80s cartoons aren't those things, IMO. Neither are sci-fi movies or funny books. Maybe Conan.

Guess I look at this stuff as kind of nerdy but cool at the same time. Honestly, though I don't care if the masses as a whole think I'm a nerd because of it.

Yeah, but when in Rome, do as the Romans. I would think most people around here would consider toys of 80s cartoons and sci movies more "cool" than toys of a 1950s "hunk" who happened to be homosexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just think maybe the Tonner board would consider James Dean dolls cool, around here probably not so much.

compared to the rest of the world, few would think either group to be cool. :lol

You know this as an adult but as a child, at least to me, I didn't give a flying ____. White dude, beret, shotgun=Falcon and Flint. I never put too much thought into who was a Ranger, Green Beret, etc... They were all GI Joe to me.... Stop thinking like a rational adult and break out your inter 8 year old. :lol:pfft:

Thanks for the military training info though. Always wondered how that worked. :rock

At 9, I was nose deep in the time life books about Vietnam, war novels and full-blown addicted to war movies. :huh

Do you sleep in an isolation chamber surrounded by gray walls? WTF?! :lol

And yet military uniforms and customs mean nothing to me when it comes to the accuracy of GI Joe figures. Just make them cool i.e. make them like the card art.

At 9, I was nose deep in the time life books about Vietnam, war novels and full-blown addicted to war movies. :huh

I was into military stuff pretty early on, too. Not as early as you though; it must have been in 6th grade / junior high when I read Charlie Mike and The Last Run by Leonard B. Scott, and Nam by Mark Baker. I also was into Marvel comics The 'Nam, and religiously watched Tour of Duty.

Back