Its Grievous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re

Why in the world would you sell such a wonderful character like HAN SOLO to get Gen. Grievious? Are you nuts?

No, I will sell one version of him. No, quite sane. I happen to like the look of the Grievous statue and the character (read the novel and you'll know why) and feel that having 2 Han Solo figures in my collection, which I might add is predominantly GG, is too much. I think you're missing the point. I cannot envisage becoming a hardcore collector of SS Star Wars for the simple and succinct reason they will bankrupt me. I am choosing pieces that I feel will best complement GG, and having 1 Han, 1 Grievous, 1 Vader, etc., does that for me. :wave

Re: re

grievous_image01.jpg

grievous_image02.jpg

re

Just noticed he has something of the Fountain Guard look about him...the wing-like structures on the side of his mask. :lol

The more I look at this piece the more impressed I am with it. Hulkfan mentioned in another thread about how incredibly detailed Grievous is. I think I'm going to have to get it after! Can't say that I'd prefer an exclusive with cape. I think this one stands alone just fine, you can really get a feel for the movement of the arms (not literal movement, just the impression of movement; it's not a "static" pose). :dance

re

I love this piece...well, I am fascinated by the character, so it only seems right I do justice to my collection, albeit a GG one, and add this one. Coming from a guy of his calibre, Hulkfan has brought home to us the lengths many have gone to to create such a piece of splendour. So now I can appreciate the economics a little better, despite wishing the cost was less...but hey...can't win them all.

Just out of idle curiosity, Hulkfan, are you currently working on any Star Wars projects?

Hey Migwit......................
griev116tm1.jpg

.......................enough said!! :thud :thud :thud

Truly awesome! And the cape actually looks good! Thanks for the pic, p4e! Is this a figure, or a pic capture? :dance

I agree Viking. This piece looks incredible. I just don't think I can go for the $450 price tag.

It would go great with Darth Vader thou.....Hmmm....

re

If the regular version is assigned an ES of 1000, and any exclusive released has an ES of 250...question is: would those who are on the 'fence' take a leap of faith and order?

Gaz I can tell you now I would take the leap of faith on the exclusive. But I mean if either Fett, Clone Trooper ect ect I wont think twice on cancelling him. Mainly because of that price tag.

re

Vk, I hear what you're saying. To find the asking price for this one when so much from GG is most likely slated after ROTS opens, is pushing it if I hadn't have ordered both variations of Han. If news breaks of a GG Gr statue or a huge haul of GG merchandise in the pipeline for '06, then the situation will change.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have an exclusive version. Either way I'm getting this big sucker.

Migwit, that's a picture of the CGI character from the movie.

Looking at the arms, I still don't think this will be 100% Polystone. The arms just look too spindly to be made from Polystone to me. It'd be better for them to be cast out of metal.

I'm all over this one..... I don't care how much he is. He is pricey, yes.... But as someone mentioned, hopefully SS will do the flex-pay program with him.

I'd be willing to bet this'll be one of the best statues to come out of the Star Wars line, or dare I say, anything Sideshow has done. He looks amazing.

I've been screaming for Greivous since I found out SS was doing ROTS characters. And now that he's official, I'd be a damn fool not to get him.

Back