It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost done? is such a thing possible? :O
Sure is... HT's has been making it pretty easy too :lol

still have a few more pieces to get as their released but this is likely my last year. and with awesome lines like marvel legends and all the bandai stuff im at peace with it

Mine is sitting in my Amiami order until the end of the month, I'm so inpatient. I'm getting a few as well (at some point). I have to be able to display him in all modes- robot, damaged robot, and flight. lol.. Maybe I'll just make a display with the RD, HGAC, and MG kit instead.

Is dry brushing the technique people use to get that dull metal look? I'm looking to get some MG or PG suits. But i hate the plastic finish look.

I believe that is one way to do it, yeah. I've seen it done with Transformers figures.

Btw.. finally got my RD Wing Gundam. My Feb. order was delayed by Medicom RAH Guts. I own quite a bit of RD Gundam figures, probably more than any other single "collectible" line. I have to say, Wing Gundam is perhaps the best executed Gundam figure yet. They finally got the panel lining down on the face plate. Early RD figures often had heavy panel lining, and then recently it's too light. Generally it's pretty good. Wing Gundam is the first I've seen that is perfect. It also seems like the plastic is higher quality which helps too. I've found RD to be a bit soft on the details sometimes, and the plastic a bit too glossy. Usually it's better in hand than what you see in photos, but still not as nice as model kit plastics usually are. I'm not saying most RD aren't high quality, they are, but they've improved over the years. Wing Gundam is great- sharp details and the unpainted plastic looks superb.

Last edited:
It is taking FOREVER for my LCS's to get the Sinanju anime ver. in Holy crap, never waited this long from the japanese release...

Cant wait to get S1 Deathscythe, thats gunna hurt the wallet but totally worth it

I am always a big fan of Gundam Series and "Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam", which was the sequal to the original Mobile Suit Gundam is my favourite.

Is dry brushing the technique people use to get that dull metal look? I'm looking to get some MG or PG suits. But i hate the plastic finish look.

dont know how i missed this, but a gundam panel line marker and dull coat really help remove the plastic look. get a light grey marker for white/grey suits and a maroon or brown for red suits and orange for yellow parts

dont know how i missed this, but a gundam panel line marker and dull coat really help remove the plastic look. get a light grey marker for white/grey suits and a maroon or brown for red suits and orange for yellow parts

I saw a few videos where people use lighter fluid for a wash as part of the weathering process. Kind of scary but does look really well after it's done.

dull coat

+1 One the dull/matte coat. Looks great on non-Zeon mobile suits. I personally like a gloss/semi-gloss on the mono-eyes suits, adds to further distinguish the Federation/Gundam-based suits from the Zeon designs.

I saw a few videos where people use lighter fluid for a wash as part of the weathering process. Kind of scary but does look really well after it's done.

the problem with some of those more intricate methods is it can really **** up your kit if you mess it up

+1 One the dull/matte coat. Looks great on non-Zeon mobile suits. I personally like a gloss/semi-gloss on the mono-eyes suits, adds to further distinguish the Federation/Gundam-based suits from the Zeon designs.

Yeah I agree, I have my MG Sinanju pretty stock as the anime vers red was a smidge duller, but still shiny, just hit it with some minor panel lining and dark red in some of the grove or bowled areas, really added a nice depth

More Sentinel MS!

ewacnero1.jpg

Be still my beating heart! Need this to round out my Task Force Alpha display!:clap

Back