It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to nab a God Gundam parts set on BBTS! :rock

NICE! good stuff man. Be sure to post some pics when you get it :)

There's a lot of nice Robot Damashii coming out in the distant/not too distant future. The Rising Gundam looks stellar, as well as that
Villkiss-Thing looks brilliant AND it transforms.

What RD are you guys most interested in?

Thanks! I saw that one was available and snagged it! Only one too. It had been sold out on there for weeks.

I posted my interest a page before. Endless Waltz Deathscythe Hell Custom!

Ahh, I see. I actually dig that look a lot lol. Hopefully they make one in RD form!
I was never actually into the manga and anime but the quality of the figures is what brought me into this line. Great paint, details, and sculpt AND awesome articulation? Can't go wrong.
I see they're reissuing wing zero EW, Seven Sword, and Quanta. I already po'd Quanta because I like the look a lot (and prices for original release Quantas are nuts). Not sure yet on 7 sword or Wing. Any upcoming damashii you're keeping an eye on?

What RD are you guys most interested in?

I am mainly interested in Gundam Wing (as for many my first contact with the Gundam universe), but there are main Gundams of other stories that I like very much such as the RX-78, God Gundam and V Dash Gundam.

RD Master Gundam Option Parts Set (more info later):

ma01.jpg

ma02.jpg

Source: TAG Hobby.

Seems like Tamashii is following their trends with Robot Spirits that they have with some of their other lines and aiming releases at Western audiences.

For example, all these G Gundam releases? From what I gather, G Gundam wasn't that popular in Japan, but did well here in the States being on Toonami after Gundam Wing.

Ahh, I see. I actually dig that look a lot lol. Hopefully they make one in RD form!
I was never actually into the manga and anime but the quality of the figures is what brought me into this line. Great paint, details, and sculpt AND awesome articulation? Can't go wrong.
I see they're reissuing wing zero EW, Seven Sword, and Quanta. I already po'd Quanta because I like the look a lot (and prices for original release Quantas are nuts). Not sure yet on 7 sword or Wing. Any upcoming damashii you're keeping an eye on?
So wing zero is getting a third re-release? Orbital can u confirm this?

I am mainly interested in Gundam Wing (as for many my first contact with the Gundam universe), but there are main Gundams of other stories that I like very much such as the RX-78, God Gundam and V Dash Gundam.

RD Master Gundam Option Parts Set (more info later):

ma01.jpg

ma02.jpg

Source: TAG Hobby.

Im with ya bro, Gundam Wing started it all for me and is my all time favorite. But some of the may characters from other series do seem very appealing haha.

So wing zero is getting a third re-release? Orbital can u confirm this?

I guess ShaneX refers to the current re-release of those figures, friend.

Im with ya bro, Gundam Wing started it all for me and is my all time favorite. But some of the may characters from other series do seem very appealing haha.

:hi5: Personally I really like the similars to the original Gundam design.

RD Master Gundam Option Parts Set release date June, here the official images:

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_04.jpg

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_05.jpg

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_06.jpg

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_09.jpg

Source: Tamashii.

I guess ShaneX refers to the current re-release of those figures, friend.

:hi5: Personally I really like the similars to the original Gundam design.

RD Master Gundam Option Parts Set release date June, here the official images:

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_04.jpg

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_05.jpg

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_06.jpg

item_0000010920_2YRmGdmS_09.jpg

Source: Tamashii.

Right on bro thanks, and yeah I hear ya there is similarities............... This fig looks awesome may get him :)

The Wing Zero Custom re-release is the current one. Which I believe is the second re-release. It started in Japan in October 2014 (I got mine around October from HobbyLink Japan) and a lot of North America retailers got him around November/December 2014.

The Master Gundam parts set looks amazing. Hopefully it gets a larger release than the God Gundam's extra set.

The Wing Zero Custom re-release is the current one. Which I believe is the second re-release. It started in Japan in October 2014 (I got mine around October from HobbyLink Japan) and a lot of North America retailers got him around November/December 2014.

The Master Gundam parts set looks amazing. Hopefully it gets a larger release than the God Gundam's extra set.

Yea I snoozed and it went up about $10

I would think they might reissue Epyon. Gundam Wing is popular in the United States so there's a good chance for him. I'll pick one up if it's re-issued.

Don't know about Exia...
Okay thanks! Well, I recently finished Gundam 00, and jesus effing hell it might've overtaken my nostalgia high for Wing. I recommand that standalone series +film to everyone who liked Wing. I'm close to liking the characters more than Wing's with the exception of Heero, Relena and Zechs. But it's a super intense show with many more elements, but expands upon the themes of Wing. But it has way more teamwork, more transformable and zord like Suits, it's more sci-fi, but it's also the only gundam set in the future of our real world. Cool more intricate plot, typical for anime. It's very awesome. And to boot with a great message too.

Sadly, most merchandise has passed its prime especially regarding Damashii.:(

Killer pics bro, thanks. Hope they make the Gundam wing cast

I'd love to have Heero, but that's the only one I'd buy tbh.

I wish the Damashii were scaled just a little bigger, just a full 6".

Okay thanks! Well, I recently finished Gundam 00, and jesus effing hell it might've overtaken my nostalgia high for Wing. I recommand that standalone series +film to everyone who liked Wing. I'm close to liking the characters more than Wing's with the exception of Heero, Relena and Zechs. But it's a super intense show with many more elements, but expands upon the themes of Wing. But it has way more teamwork, more transformable and zord like Suits, it's more sci-fi, but it's also the only gundam set in the future of our real world. Cool more intricate plot, typical for anime. It's very awesome. And to boot with a great message too.

Sadly, most merchandise has passed its prime especially regarding Damashii.:(

I'd love to have Heero, but that's the only one I'd buy tbh.

I wish the Damashii were scaled just a little bigger, just a full 6".
True I liked heero and Mr Barton, I'm gonna have to watch 00

True I liked heero and Mr Barton, I'm gonna have to watch 00

Let me know what you think bro! It's really ****ing intense. I urge you to watch everything of at least the series if you start at all, because the main underlying point and almost ALL character arcs of the series only come to full fruition in the few last episodes (which could make it frustrating to some people maybe, the entire series really is a massive build up and the split into two seasons has sense to it, but watching 1 without 2 is pointless), also some of the best action is in season 2. The movie truly expands the point and makes it hit home to its full extent, but it could disappoint some fans if you desire a certain thing from it (which I can't elaborate on for spoiler reasons).

But you can very easily just ignore the movie should you be in anyway unhappy with it, the series itself has a beautiful enough conclusion imo. I love all of it, mostly. Some fight scenes are more awesome than anything I've see in modern blockbusters.

Hollywood is still behind on Anime.

Back