Item Code - Confusiing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dear SS,

As a vivid collector of your products, I keep a detailed database of all the items I purchase from you.

I am wondering if you have allowed the item number search in your website, I am pretty sure you would want to make each item with a unique item number - including those which are sold out

However I really find the item code confusing which either leaves a large gap of numbers between release products or simply changing the whole item code altogether.

I am really hoping the first 3 or 4 digits can represent a certain range of products followed by the item code.

Take for instance your LOTR PF line, Aragon, Lurtx, Gandalf the White, Moria Orc, Legolas, Uruk-hai Berserker all have consistent numbering i.e 7XXX. However, the recent PF releases have then become 3000XX (Gandalf the Grey PF - 300017 and Morgul Lord 300033).

If there is certain pattern to this, I am not seeing it. I hope you will be able to enlighten me on this. Thanks

Dear SS,

As a vivid collector of your products, I keep a detailed database of all the items I purchase from you.

I am wondering if you have allowed the item number search in your website, I am pretty sure you would want to make each item with a unique item number - including those which are sold out

However I really find the item code confusing which either leaves a large gap of numbers between release products or simply changing the whole item code altogether.

I am really hoping the first 3 or 4 digits can represent a certain range of products followed by the item code.

Take for instance your LOTR PF line, Aragon, Lurtx, Gandalf the White, Moria Orc, Legolas, Uruk-hai Berserker all have consistent numbering i.e 7XXX. However, the recent PF releases have then become 3000XX (Gandalf the Grey PF - 300017 and Morgul Lord 300033).

If there is certain pattern to this, I am not seeing it. I hope you will be able to enlighten me on this. Thanks

No real pattern; mostly random. All items do have a unique number, even those that are sold out, and our search engine allows you to search the number. We had to up our numbers from 4 digits to 6 digits a while back as we 4 wasn't enough anymore. Now I believe all Premium Formats begin with 3XXXXX, Comiquettes/Statues/LSBs with 2XXXXX, Life-Size busts and prop replicas with 4XXXXX, all distributed items with 9XXXXX etc. But we reserve the right to adjust the SKU system as needed ;) :duff

How come not continue on using the 7XXXXX for the PF then? Anyway, thanks for clearing things up but I must say that it has not improve the system.

:monkey2

Back