Is this ebay member a Sideshow Freaks board member?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not playing Criswell on the $1,000 price drop. I pointed out there was a $1,000 drop from the one I sold vs. the one that sold for $1,675.00 which was in China or Korea(where most of the re-casting gets done). But if the re-casting doesnt stop, and no one cares...it will affect the demand...because folks wont want to risk laying out major dough on an item that might be bogus.

I love Mike Hill's stuff. I have been collecting this stuff for 25 years. I would love to say that fakes wont hurt the hobby. But I would be kidding myself, having seen it happen way to much in other areas of collecting.....I couldve held onto the busts had I wanted to. But having any major amount of money in something that could lose some of its heat and turn into an albatross scared the crap out of me. The busts wouldve been fine here with the rest of my stuff...but the fakes (as I said) scared me off.

You and me both! :hi5:

Man Phibes I'm sad you sold those....they look great together. I love love love to check out sweet Universal collections. :( Even with the crappy recasting I don't think it hurts the ones that can be proven to be the real deal. I've suffered through alot of this crap too and have always been okay as long as I've kept invoices, and been safe about deals. I have to say I'm pretty surprised by some of the stuff that has happened here while i was gone....pretty disappointing, but it's always been a risky hobby.

Man Phibes I'm sad you sold those....they look great together. I love love love to check out sweet Universal collections. :( Even with the crappy recasting I don't think it hurts the ones that can be proven to be the real deal. I've suffered through alot of this crap too and have always been okay as long as I've kept invoices, and been safe about deals. I have to say I'm pretty surprised by some of the stuff that has happened here while i was gone....pretty disappointing, but it's always been a risky hobby.

The outer shipping carton seems to be something that folks feel guarantees the item's legitimacy as well....but how long before they fake that too?

I just watched over the years how fakes, warnings of fakes, etc. made it darn near impossible to re-sell something should you like to. A perfect example is autographs. I've been to many a horror convention. Got plenty of autos. Managed to get a couple extra Chris Sarandon signed Fright Night shots when I met him. Decided to sell one. The hoops I had to jump through, pics to provide, questions to answer, etc. just to sell a $20 autograph,and prove it was real was....unreal,lol.

I guess the bottom line is----I fear that if folks are going to become this discerning over a "nothing purchase" (less than $50), how much more will they scrutinize an item that goes into the 1,000's?:peace

One of these days I will take some new pictures in the show your shelves section. When you see the shots, you'll discover why they arent missed,lol.

Yeah... looks like those counterfeits are really killing the market..

Witness the drop in price over the last year

ArdethBey.jpg

that's from Toy Tracker right? how are you getting accurate auction results on the Ardeth? all i see is this...
https://www.toytracker.net/sideshow/tracking/sideshow.html/monsters

which shows an average of $550

Check this page for recent results...

https://www.myauctionreports.com/sales_sideshow_bust.php?product_name=Ardeth Bey

Last 10 Sales Average: $1862.02, and if you look at the sales from 2010 and 2011, it was averaging a lot lower and only recently has picked up again.

As for the original topic, there was and is, no reason to insult someone just because you don't like their offer; just decline it and move on. If people were a little more kind to each other, maybe the world might actually become a better place.

I wish the seller all the luck in the world in selling his or her bust.

All I am saying is that I am not comfortable paying in the 1000's for an item that has fakes going around. I would be app to take a chance on the piece for reg. price. and that there was no reason for that kind of reply from the seller.

Nick

I wish the seller all the luck in the world in selling his or her bust.

All I am saying is that I am not comfortable paying in the 1000's for an item that has fakes going around. I would be app to take a chance on the piece for reg. price. and that there was no reason for that kind of reply from the seller.

Nick

Are you really saying a top rated seller gave you this kind of response after you merely made 1 offer on his auction? That seems very strange, it's not easy to get a top rated logo on ebay, and no sellers at those levels are stupid enough to risk bad blood with the buyers over a lowball offer...

also what is this sideshow son of frankenstein statue you guys keep talking about, the only thing i can find is a cheap $50 plastic figure...

Are you really saying a top rated seller gave you this kind of response after you merely made 1 offer on his auction? That seems very strange, it's not easy to get a top rated logo on ebay, and no sellers at those levels are stupid enough to risk bad blood with the buyers over a lowball offer...

also what is this sideshow son of frankenstein statue you guys keep talking about, the only thing i can find is a cheap $50 plastic figure...

EXTREMELY LIMITED SSE 12 INCH FIGURE. I THINK THEY MADE ONLY 10. NICK'S BEEN AFTER ONE SINCE HEARING OF IT.:lecture

These pics belong to lcummins

THE GREATEST SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D :bow

View attachment 44920

View attachment 44921

View attachment 44922

View attachment 44923

Check this page for recent results...

https://www.myauctionreports.com/sales_sideshow_bust.php?product_name=Ardeth Bey

Last 10 Sales Average: $1862.02, and if you look at the sales from 2010 and 2011, it was averaging a lot lower and only recently has picked up again.

As for the original topic, there was and is, no reason to insult someone just because you don't like their offer; just decline it and move on. If people were a little more kind to each other, maybe the world might actually become a better place.

thanks much for that links!

"If people were a little more kind to each other, maybe the world might actually become a better place."

ain't that the truth

Thats funny the seller is two towns over from where I live.

I actually had some one call me a ****** when I refusued their lowball offer. I was being a bit tounge in cheek; but here's the exchange:

eBayer: I'd like to offer $50

Me: I'm sure you would... but no thank you.

eBayer: No need to be an a++hole, thought u might been someone who wanted the cash quickly, not a dbag flipper. Clearly the price u have it at is really working for you

Me:No need to take things so seriously... I'm sure you would like to pay $50, but that is a ridiculously low offer. So in the future, take the message with a grain of salt or feel free to ____ off : )

And for the record, my item did sell for the BIN price I had listed :huh :lol

if you list a grail piece with best offer, you will be fielding lowball offers all day long not to mention ebay messages from people in indonesia/malaysia etc..writing you novels on why you should trust them and ship the statue oversea to them even if you state clearly in the auction only us/canada or prevent them from bidding.

that's why i rarely try to sell anything on ebay, but if i do it's usually a piece that's pretty rare and not easily to determine market value so have to use best offer, but always put an auto decline option to filter out the lowball bids to save us both time.

These pics belong to lcummins

THE GREATEST SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D :bow

View attachment 44920

View attachment 44921

View attachment 44922

View attachment 44923

Whoa!! I never knew of this! Where was it sold on SS website? SDCC? As far as being the greatest SS collectible of all time I love the original SSE Monster. Even after all these years it's still an amazing figure. I mean I love that thing!! I have all these much more expensive and rare collectibles and I think he may very well be my favorite.

Whoa!! I never knew of this! Where was it sold on SS website? SDCC? As far as being the greatest SS collectible of all time I love the original SSE Monster. Even after all these years it's still an amazing figure. I mean I love that thing!! I have all these much more expensive and rare collectibles and I think he may very well be my favorite.

10 made for a contest giveaway only.

Nick

Back