Is there any Joe/Cobra vehicle you'd pay $600+ for?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX-02 had no problem selling domestically despite the issues with the first batch. It didn't stay in stock long anywhere. Will HT's QC concerns eventually catch up with them? Don't know. As you are fond of point out, some will buy HT no matter what because of the brand and because, when QC isn't an issue, they do the best mass produced work out there with non-military, high end, 1/6th scale collectibles.

There'll be a breaking point, maybe not to the extent of a full boycott, but I do see Joker and the Batmobile being casualties of a leaky DX09. I'm not the only one who's canceled them all.

Yeah, I guess there was nothing stopping them from making hard plastic sculpted abs for the 1989 suit. Bummer. Like I said in that thread its hard to see an entire subforum of this site gutted bad a bad call from a toy company.

I still don't understand why they didn't just do a sculpted muscle body for Batman. Joints schmoints, the ____ing thing is black, and they wouldn't have been noticeable anyway, and it's not like the profit margin they're seeing here wouldn't allow for a unique body. He's more expensive than Supes who had a unique bod AND a donation built into the price. :huh :(

There'll be a breaking point, maybe not to the extent of a full boycott, but I do see Joker and the Batmobile being casualties of a leaky DX09. I'm not the only one who's canceled them all.

I still don't understand why they didn't just do a sculpted muscle body for Batman. Joints schmoints, the ____ing thing is black, and they wouldn't have been noticeable anyway. :huh :(

I agree with all points. A fully sculpted muscle body would be a welcome alternative to worrying about disintegration.

If Hot Toys keeps pulling crap, people will stop pre-ordering without waiting.

On the topic of a GI Joe vehicle I'd want:

b6f2020454e3b71854ce9b72ceb8.jpg

I had it. That thing will knock the ____ out of all enemies until it stops after a few seconds and then the ninja is dizzy and most likely dead from enemy gunfire.

I had it. That thing will knock the ____ out of all enemies until it stops after a few seconds and then the ninja is dizzy and most likely dead from embarrassment.

Fixed for accuracy! :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

His white and Hunter's Orange camouflage reminds me of Robin Williams' Fashion Consultant in Good Morning Vietnam: "Because you go in the jungle, I can't see you. You know, it's like wearing stripes and plaid. For me, I want to do something different. You know, you go in the jungle, make a statement. If you're going to fight, clash. You know what I mean?"

When I was a kid I thought he was Storm Shadow in an alternate outfit, but I guess his name is T'Gin-Zu?

Geeeeeessssss, take this supposed leaking issue back to it's chicken little thread.

b6f2020454e3b71854ce9b72ceb8.jpg

Yea, Hasbro wasn't even trying at this point.

would be tough to get some decent vehicles for a decent price some are really large, I would really buy just about anything that came out, but would not really want some of the one manned vehicles.

Some that would be cool and reasonable (some just aren't going to happen):
Wolf
Mobat/wolverine tank
Hiss tank
Stinger
chameleon
Air Chariot with Serpentor (this seems like a no brainer)
Would kill for a Rattler or Whale and a terror drome :monkey1

Hope they also do a battle bunker and checkpoint/watchtower those would look great!

Nope. It wouldn't be on par with either Batmobile. Let's be real. Also if Dragon can do Jeeps for less than $200 then SSC should at least be able to come in under four.

I could care less about small vehicles and the worthwhile ones would be too expensive. These would rank about the same as environments for me: factory time that would better serve my interests being devoted to figures.

Vehicles are exactly why the Joes were the 3 3/4" size they were and are. Same with Star Wars. You get really big, really fast even going up to 6" figures, let alone doubling that to 12" ones. I don't think there are really any Joe vehicles in the $600 size people would want. Smaller ones like Zartan's swamp speeder, trouble bubbles, and Serpentor's air chariot are about it I think. And those would be in the $100-$300 range I'd think. Hopefully less, but you've seen the prices lately :google

I would seriously lose my ____ over a 1:6 Rattler (which is nothing compared to how I'd react to a 1:6 Star Wars fighter birds) but the idea of buying one is just so ludicrous.

Back